the lucky "13" shivaree

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: the lucky "13" shivaree

Postby WhitneyK » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Verna!!!! You beat me to it!!!!! ;)

I'm typing this in my warm flannel PJ's with my warm fuzzy socks on, my wife (Tracie) is by the fire. :R
Looks like we took the same shot, except mine was from 10' up. :lol:

Bob, thanks for the stew, it was very tasty!!! :) It wet our appetite, so we stopped by the GnawMart on our way out and got a couple of those big tenderloin sandwiches I was tellin' you about.
It was good to see some familiar faces and meet a couple of new ones! :D
Thanks for the laughs :lol:

Hope ya'll stay warm tonight :snowstorm: and be carefull on the way home.

Whitney & Tracie
Whitney & Tracie
Crothersville, IN

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Do not confuse what you hear with what I mean.

My build: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41955

160061-------------------------------101114
States we've drug our
li'l camper through. (44 States + Vancouver Island and over 45,000 miles so far)
WhitneyK
Gold Donating Member

Postby Verna » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:31 pm

OK, we all survived. Bob Henry, Jeff2, Blotto Bros (RJ), Mikeylikesit (Michael and Orlando), myself and Sunny Day. The last time I looked at my outside thermometer (before the batteries fell somewhere in the cabin :? ), the outside temp was 19*, inside was a toasty 71* :applause:

I want to make sure to publicly thank Bob Henry for his great Beef Stew Saturday night and his scrumptious Breakfast Casserole Sunday morning. It was great eating :thumbsup: and thanks for doing the cooking Bob.

So, I proved to myself that I could survive colder temps than I thought I could, plus I got some advice from the others about how to stay warm....although I didn't try any of those blue cans :lol:

Here's some pics:
Jeff2, RJ, Orlando, Michael and Bob.JPG
Jeff2, RJ, Orlando, Michael and Bob
Jeff2, RJ, Orlando, Michael and Bob.JPG (133.42 KiB) Viewed 2026 times

Bob's Barn.JPG
Bob's Barn
Bob's Barn.JPG (147.55 KiB) Viewed 2026 times

Blotto Bros (RJ).JPG
Blotto Bros (RJ)
Blotto Bros (RJ).JPG (110.29 KiB) Viewed 2026 times
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Verna » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:34 pm

More Pics:
Jeff2.JPG
Jeff2
Jeff2.JPG (122.28 KiB) Viewed 2026 times

Mikeylikesit.JPG
Mikeylikesit (Michael and Orlando)
Mikeylikesit.JPG (140.1 KiB) Viewed 2026 times

Verna packing up to leave.JPG
Verna packing up Sunday
Verna packing up to leave.JPG (123.1 KiB) Viewed 2026 times
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Verna » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Bob said he wanted to see lots of pics:

I was actually using my flashlight in the middle of the night.JPG
I learned my lesson from last August--I used my flashlight for my 1:30 am Potty Run
I was actually using my flashlight in the middle of the night.JPG (79.37 KiB) Viewed 2022 times

Orlando and Sunny Day.JPG
Orlando and Sunny Day
Orlando and Sunny Day.JPG (129.87 KiB) Viewed 2022 times

Jeff2's Night Light.JPG
Jeff's Night Light
Jeff2's Night Light.JPG (155.31 KiB) Viewed 2022 times

So, the lessons I learned:

Camp with someone who loves to cook--thanks again Bob!!!

Don't bother washing cooking and eating utensils in cold weather for an overnight stay--take them home to wash where it's warm!!

Plug the teardrop's power cord into power as soon as you're at your campsite--and turn that space heater on high :thumbsup:

In the winter, make sure you take some DVD's, a book or at least a radio. Dark and cold comes early and it's hard to go to sleep at 6:30 pm.

Take 3 pair of shoes/boots. My normal boots got very muddy, so I changed into my very warm Mickey Mouse boots. But, I forgot my tennis shoes. And it sure was hard putting those Mickey Mouse boots on in the middle of the night--tennis shoes would have been easier.

Down comforters are worth their weight in gold!!! I folded a queen size one in half (like a sleeping bag) and Sunny Day and I slept inbetween the layers and were toasty warm.

The Little Red Campfire does give off heat--I love it!!! I love Jeff's short patio heater better!!!

Brown County State Park (Nashville, IN) has upgraded their bathroom near the guard gate. It is heated, and has hot showers. Plus the showers don't have the typical push button to conserve water. Just turn the handle, adjust the temp and enjoy!!! I did tell the "guard" that this was the best shower I've had at any of the State Parks I've visited.

Thanks for the wonderful weekend :thumbsup:
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mark72 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:14 pm

Hey, Where was Dan? At the RV show?

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:28 am

I had P.M. ed him friday to see if he was gonna make it and I am sure he will not mind if I share his answer......

Big maybe...still moving both the shop and now my son. He lives in the neighborhood on the south side of Indy where that couple blew their house up for insurance money. Moving into an apartment today and tomorrow for two months while their house is repaired

For those of you out of state we had a couple blow up their house for the insurance money . Unfortunatly they were not real profecient as to how much natural gas it took to level a house and blew up 1/2 of the sub division killing their 2 closest neighbors in their sleep. So those are the repairs he is refering to.

I just figured Laura had him chained in the new shop till he made the first months rent :laughter:

Sorry Dan had to toss that in and yes you were missed! We never even touched the "Apple Pie" :oops:

The Brown county commerative beef stew was better than 08 and disappeared just as fast.

I poured a glass of milk Sunday morning while making the breakfast cassarole and some where between the 1st and 2nd sip it became ice cream. Yep ! I picked it up and noticed it didn't move and discovered it was all but frozen solid. Speaking of breakfast cassarolle.... Verna wher is the picture at ! :pictures:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Verna » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 am

Oops...I guess I did miss one picture. Sorry, Bob!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359376339.012401.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359376339.012401.jpg (62.98 KiB) Viewed 1996 times

All I have to say is ....Bob's a great DO cook!!! This was a great Breakfast Casserole!!!! Everyone loved it and Sunny Day devoured her little potion of it.

Bob's right about the milk. I had the same experience with orange juice slush. Sunny Day's water was ice in no time. I sat in the Escape for about five minutes filling her small travel bowl with water. She finally had some water to drink that wasn't solid.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Nansplace » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:19 am

Great pics Verna and I'm glad you had a good time. Bob admitted I made the right choice by staying home, would have been just too cold for me. I think maybe he was just glad he didn't have to listen to me grumble about being cold. :D I'm glad you all had a good time.
Nansplace
Teardrop Master

Postby Verna » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:50 am

Yes, 19* is cold, but there was good company and good food. Bed time for this one was about 6:30 pm--when it got a bit too cool. But that's why I installed the DVD player in the TD. I don't know what time the guys went to their trailers...it wasn't my turn to watch them!!!
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Midwest