Cooler near the lake VII

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: Cooler near the lake VII

Postby Gary and Cheri » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 pm

288 straight days with no snow in Milwaukee is a record from the 1880s. Glad to hear you're coming Tom. Finnegan is excited to hear Henry will be there.

:beer: Make your beer and wine suggestion for Bob here.

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Wanna Be » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Put me down as,,,,,

Space #84

4 / 26 & 27 2013

Hopefully it will be nice !!!!

At least trooper hopes so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna Be

;) ;)

Lynn
This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
~Elmer Davis

"Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what can you believe?" ~ Bullwinkle J. Moose

Also I am a professional spelling butcher.. I don't carry a dictionary and my spell check is broke!!
Wanna Be
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Wenow have 10 confirmed and 1 who has indicated a strong inclination to attend. Spots that have been used in the past and are still available and open are 004, 005, 014, 016, 018, 020, 021, and 024. In the second loop (separated by a very short 30 foot path and closer then some of the first loop sites mentioned) sites 085, 086, 087 and 105 are all excellent sites where you will still feel like you are a part of the group.

We now know that the world did not end on December 21st so there will definitely be a Cooler by the Lake VII, so who is going to be next? :?

1. BrwBier (Bob) - 013
2. Gary and Cheri (Finnegan) - 009*
3. Wanna Be (Lynn and Trooper) - 084
4. Dan and Suzi Galvin - 032
5. Tearhead (Pat and Mark) - 008
6. Outtahand (Kevon and Annette) - 011
7. gdpipkorn (Grant & Diane) - 017
8. Woodbutcher (Steve)+(Marley) - 010*
9. Ptomaine (Tom and Henry) - 012
10. sherryk - 006
11. RioWilson (Mike and Michelle) - 022
12. flygal6 (Carol, Sue and Brutus) - 016
13. Duke and Laurie - 005
14. Glenn and Opal - 014
15. DWE (Dennis and Cheryl) - 034
16. Bkcreation34 (Brian) - 033

Camping sites can be registered here at reserveamerica - http://wisconsinstateparks.reserveameri ... kCode=kohl
Last edited by Gary and Cheri on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby sherryk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:56 pm

I'm down for 006. First timer! Fri to Sun.
sherryk
Teardrop Builder

Postby Gary and Cheri » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:58 pm

Welcome sherryk. You are going to love this group and this campground. We now have half as many trailers as last year and we have not even started the new year.

For those of you that are new to a tear gathering we like to eat. :chips: and share good times. :cheerswine: On Saturdays we have breakfast :coffee: and supper :Flippin Burger: together. We will have a voluntary shared food sign-up as we get closer to the event. Saturday lunch (if you are not stuffed from breakfast) is on your own. Last year during the day some of us went geocaching while others visited the surrounding area or stayed around camp. Up to you. The beach and the boardwalk over the dunes are something to do at least once during the weekend. My wife and I like to walk the dunes (about a mile) and then come back on the beach. We see deer and wild turkeys nearly every year.

You will get out of it what you put into it.

Gary

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Ptomaine » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:24 pm

And there are games to play too!
Any one for some 3 on 3 ?
BTW, I am in site twelve.
As you grow up and leave the playground where you kissed your prince and found your frog.
Remember the Jester that showed you tears The script for tears.
Ptomaine
Teardrop Master

Postby gdpipkorn » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Put us down for #17.
If one's life is entertaining, there is no need to go and buy entertainment.
gdpipkorn
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:48 pm

9 of us now with confirmed sites.

For anyone considering coming but have never been here before, sites 004, 005, 013, and 014 can best be described as flat with trees and a grassy park like feel. Sites 016, 018, 019, 020, 021, 022, and 024 where Grant and Diane are located is not grassy and has more of a woodsy feel to it with bushes and is not manicured like the previous sites. They also can not be described as flat but have more character. All of the sites have paved access and your trailer will be on this hard flat surface. There is not a bad site in the place.

The second loop where Lynn has chosen to camp is fairly flat land with a woodsy feel. It is separated by no more than 30 feet from the first loop and has a nice path between.

I should probably point out that the bathrooms on the first loop are heated and are also the nearest facilities for those staying in the second loop.

Gary
Last edited by Gary and Cheri on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby BrwBier » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Make that 9 confirmed sites now. I will be on site 13. This is not officially my retirement party but it will be pretty close. I gave 3 months notice last Friday, mostly because the whole work force is me and my friend, the shop manager. We work for someone who owns the business but has almost nothing to do with it and his mother does the book work for us. Any one know some one who would work on import cars and need a career?
Merry Christmas to all
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:58 am

I'm back from 7 great days of "Up North" at our lake home in Wild Rose. I'm fortunate that my two daughters and son-in-law all work for companies that shut down for the holidays and were able to spend the entire time with us looking at snow covered pines, an ice covered lake with long snowshoe walks followed by warm fires. It was certainly my idea of heaven.

If anyone has ideas about how we can help Bob celebrate retirement please post them here. Sure seems like an event that needs to be recognized. Don't worry Bob, may daughter who almost assassinated her company's president with a confetti cannon will not be there. (She's a graphic artist and demonstrated use of a confetti canon during a board meeting discussing the video she was making in celebration of selling their 100th Titan furnace. She missed his head by about a foot and dented the ceiling tiles.) The finished video can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO9yhWW7Cb8 my daughter is wearing a black and white shirt (blond with straight hair) and appears about half way thru.

Wanna be (Lynn) has started a food thread with Tearhead (Pat) viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53899&p=981653&hilit=cooler#p981653 Help them out as they organize our food. Bob if you have a favorite food you might chime in here and let people know (please don't let it be something like squid!). Could be one way we can help you celebrate (sure hope you don't have a new years resolution to lose weight).

Happy New Year to all.

Go Badgers.

Gary

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Betsey » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Gary and Cheri wrote:Bob if you have a favorite food you might chime in here and let people know (please don't let it be something like squid!).

And just what do you have against squid???? :shock: Perhaps the perspective of a mid-westerner? :thinking: I would be happy to send some along for the festivities, along with clams, lobster, crab, mussels, octopus, & oysters, tempered a bit for sensitive palates, as I make a mean seafood chowdah! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Betsey 8)
(Dyed-in-the-wool New England Gal ;) )
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wanna Be » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:42 pm

Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know if you like it,, untill you try it........................

I LOVE a good chowder, clam stew, or lobster bake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add it to the food section on the list !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been around the world, and didn't know what it was,,,,, BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It was damn GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!
Still don't know what some of it was,,, And I aint dead YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :worship: :worship: :) :)

Wanna Be

;) ;)
This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
~Elmer Davis

"Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what can you believe?" ~ Bullwinkle J. Moose

Also I am a professional spelling butcher.. I don't carry a dictionary and my spell check is broke!!
Wanna Be
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 pm

Betsey wrote:
Gary and Cheri wrote:Bob if you have a favorite food you might chime in here and let people know (please don't let it be something like squid!).

And just what do you have against squid???? :shock: Perhaps the perspective of a mid-westerner? :thinking: I would be happy to send some along for the festivities, along with clams, lobster, crab, mussels, octopus, & oysters, tempered a bit for sensitive palates, as I make a mean seafood chowdah! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Betsey 8)
(Dyed-in-the-wool New England Gal ;) )

I'm a leg man :thumbsup: you can keep the tentacles. :thumbdown:

Gary

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Betsey » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Gary and Cheri wrote:I'm a leg man :thumbsup: you can keep the tentacles. :thumbdown:

Well, that leaves you with only crab & lobster claws...all the more for me! :thumbsup: :lol:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 pm

At the end of a leg is a foot. Put Mussels, Clams and Oysters back on my yummy list. :lol:

Gary

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest