Cooler by the lake FOOD's

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Cooler by the lake FOOD's

Postby Wanna Be » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:24 pm

I hope it aint to early to ask this question,,,,,

Who is going to bring what to the saterday night pot luck ???????????????????????????

I plan on bringing a" Iron Workers" dinner,,,,, maybe a dump cake too.

WHO ELSE ???????????????????????????????

Wanna Be

;) ;)

O yea plenty of :beer: :beer: :beer: :wine: :wine: :wine:

Lynn
This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
~Elmer Davis

"Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what can you believe?" ~ Bullwinkle J. Moose

Also I am a professional spelling butcher.. I don't carry a dictionary and my spell check is broke!!
Wanna Be
Gold Donating Member

Re: Cooler by the lake FOOD's

Postby tearhead » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Okay, Lynn--Will you be the keeper of the list for the Friday night wine and cheese, Saturday breakfast, and Saturday potluck for CNTL VII?
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Wanna Be » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:21 pm

O K I will bring a bottle of wine and some cheese for friday nights get together !!

After that it will be B.Y.O.B !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just thought,(dangerous), that anyone planning to bring something could list it, So that there is an idea as to what will be offered !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So no doubles on 'tater salad' !!!!!

BUT,,,, that would be O K too :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wanna Be

;) ;)

Lynn
This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
~Elmer Davis

"Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what can you believe?" ~ Bullwinkle J. Moose

Also I am a professional spelling butcher.. I don't carry a dictionary and my spell check is broke!!
Wanna Be
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wanna Be » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Tearhead,

I will leave it up to you to plan for the saturday night pot-luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For breakfast on sat, I plan on boil in the bag omlets for me & trooper.
I am NOT a morning person !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOTT'A have my coffee FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And LOTS OF IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna Be

;) ;)

Lynn
~Elmer Davis

Wanna Be
Gold Donating Member

Postby Wanna Be » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:29 pm

" " BUMP " "

Come on and add to the "WISH LIST " & Want to bring list,, & or will bring list, (if possiable)

We need to plan this a little better and let all know who is bringing what, So we can plan on DINNER for sat, night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rember I am retired, And tired at the sunset. :? :? :frightened: :frightened:

Wanna Be

;) ;)

Lynn
~Elmer Davis

Wanna Be
Gold Donating Member

Postby tearhead » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:52 pm

HI, Lynn--Possibly the reason no one is responding is that we normally don't start thinking about food until about a month ahead of the event. Thought it's important to get the reservations done early before the campground fills, people may prefer to wait until closer to the time, to make a commitment as to what food they are bringing. I apologize if I'm interfering--maybe you've already checked with Gary on this (he's in charge). Pat
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Ptomaine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:17 am

Unless you are planning on buying a piglet to fatten up before the end of April, this thread is about 3 months early.
Who knows what the cost and availability of squid, haggis or spam might be? What if there is a waffle shortage? What if the fish aren't biting?
I'll worry about food come April.
As you grow up and leave the playground where you kissed your prince and found your frog.
Remember the Jester that showed you tears The script for tears.
Ptomaine
Teardrop Master

Postby Gary and Cheri » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:21 am

Lynn,

Like Pat and Tom have indicated, most people like to think long and hard about making something special that they have never made before. Often it involves a dutch oven. I often think we should be called the tear camping and dutch oven eating society. When I have a gathering to go to I think half the fun is just in planning all I'm going to do and what I'm about to make. I can spend hours looking at recipes on the internet looking for just the right one.

I applaud your initiative and desire to get things moving along, but it is a little early. I am guessing that we will see about 15 trailers at the event. We still have about a third to grow yet. It is still to early for some to commit. I will be PMing people who have attended past events sometime this week. With just getting snow on the ground not many are thinking about the next year's camping season. That will change when the cabin fever hits everyone hard and green starts dominating the white stuff. Mid March will be a good time to start thinking about the food and we will have a much better idea about our size as most will have committed by then. It took Diane almost to the day before the event to know that she could make it last year.

And Tom, "squid, haggis or spam ". Keep that up buddy and someone will be suggesting "LUTEFISK".

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby tearhead » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:49 pm

Maybe we could start a "what we're not bringing" list, while we wait for inspiration to strike. I will not be bringing spam, haggis, squid, or any form of fish. :D
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Ptomaine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:08 pm

tearhead wrote:Maybe we could start a "what we're not bringing" list, while we wait for inspiration to strike. I will not be bringing spam, haggis, squid, or any form of fish. :D

I will only eat freshly caught squid, so until they stock lake Michigan with the little inkers, they are out. I do love Haggis; the wild highland ones are the tastiest! :roll:
I may surprise you with some Spam. If anyone brings lutefisk, they will have to park on the far southern end of the south loop (preferably next to an out house so it drowns out the smell)!
As you grow up and leave the playground where you kissed your prince and found your frog.
Ptomaine
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Gary and Cheri wrote:And Tom, "squid, haggis or spam ". Keep that up buddy and someone will be suggesting "LUTEFISK".

I don't have a problem with that...

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Betsey » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Ptomaine wrote:If anyone brings lutefisk, they will have to park on the far southern end of the south loop (preferably next to an out house so it drowns out the smell)!

Then you obviously haven't had Edevold lutefisk! You didn't know we had it when you camped across from us at CNTL last year...or when you camped across from us at White Mound...what do you think the "secret ingredient" was in the low country boil? ;)

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gary and Cheri » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Cheri and I head over to Holmen once a year for my one spoonful of lutefisk. Cheri really likes it I am there for the Lefsa and Lingonberry. Have to keep up the Norwegian front. In addition Osseo and the Norski Nook are a couple of my guilty pleasures. :?

Gary
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Ptomaine » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Betsey wrote:
Ptomaine wrote:If anyone brings lutefisk, they will have to park on the far southern end of the south loop (preferably next to an out house so it drowns out the smell)!

Then you obviously haven't had Edevold lutefisk! You didn't know we had it when you camped across from us at CNTL last year...or when you camped across from us at White Mound...what do you think the "secret ingredient" was in the low country boil? ;)

Betsey 8)

You noticed I only ate the sausage! :lol:
When it comes to Scandinavian cuisine, I'll stick with the Danish side of my family; they are known for their pork and pastry, not dried cod and pickled herring. :R
Ptomaine
Teardrop Master

Postby Wanna Be » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Shameless BUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:stompspam: :stompspam: :beer: :beer: :wine: :wine: :wine: :beer: :beer:
~Elmer Davis

Wanna Be
Gold Donating Member

Next

Return to Midwest