Possible Kentucky Fall Gathering

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Possible Kentucky Fall Gathering

Postby shortgmanp » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Hello, i am Greg Prater

i am the new director for the Bluegrass chapter. I am contimplating a campground for the fall gathering. :thumbsup:

The Kentucky Tearjerkers had the first ever Gathering at Elkhorn Creek Campground in 2010. I have heard nothing but good things about the cleanliness and the nice people who run it. They have 32 sites with electric that back up to Elkhorn Creek. On the weekend of September 20th the campground has Hill Billy weekend. They have some hillbilly decorating and dress up contest, amongst other activities. We could join in, or do our own contest if you like. Just throwing some ideas out there. Please let me know how the Bluegrass chapter feels about this idea. The weekend earlier is grand parents weekenk, but i was told they had plenty of room for us if we wanted to try and do it that weekend. I thought about October, but October makes it much harder to secure campsites this late in the season. Give me your thoughts. If we agree to do this I will put out more information on the surrounding area.

Thanks. Greg Prater
I am a workaholic that loves a good challenge. It will also give my dad and me a good project to work on together. I plan on putting several miles on this teardrop, so I want to build it right.
shortgmanp
Teardrop Master

Re: Possible Kentucky Fall Gathering

Postby ParTaxer » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:32 am

The date and location works well for me and my two buddies. Good work! We've always had good times at the Elkorn.
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Re: Possible Kentucky Fall Gathering

Postby pappaw » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:36 am

Hi Greg:

It's to early too commit for me right now, but we would be able to something this fall if we don't have something else going on (family thing) since it's only a 2hr drive for us and we like the area. Don't care for the hillbilly thing, but just my 2 cents.

Great idea, Thanks: Jeff 8)
Image Cheers from Granny, Pappaw, and Cocoa (the Dachshund) Image
pappaw
Teardrop Master

Return to Midwest