we lost one of our hoosier group

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

we lost one of our hoosier group

Postby bobhenry » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Barbara Clark
Thursday, 08 August 2013 06:00
October 3, 1946 to August 8, 2013

WINAMAC - Barbara Jean Clark, 66, of Winamac, passed away at 6 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 8, at IU Health University Hospital, Indianapolis.

She was born Oct.3, 1946, in Muncie, to the late Charles Eugene and Leah Aline Bell Lehner. She married David R. Clark on June 7, 1969, in Crown Point. He survives.

Barbara Clark
Also surviving are: Image
Andrea Jean (David) Bordenkecher, Fishers, Daughter
Aaron David (Kara) Clark, Fishers, Son
Adam Christopher (Nioka) Clark, Indianapolis, Son
Eliza Jean Bordenkecher, Fishers, Granddaughter
Nathaniel David Bordenkecher, Fishers, Grandson
Eleanor Josephine Clark, Fishers, Granddaughter
Addison James Clark, Indianapolis, Grandson

Preceded in death by:
Melissa Sue Williams, Sister

Mrs. Clark was a graduate of Ball State University and taught in the Crown Point, New Castle, Pioneer and Winamac school systems. She resided in Winamac for the past 40 years. She was a member of the Pulaski County Extension Chords. Following her retirement she enjoyed camping with the Tear Jerker Camping Association. She enjoyed most of all being "Oma" to her grandchildren and cherished the time reading to them. She was an avid scrapbooker, and also enjoyed reading, traveling, and being with her friends and family. She will always be remembered for her laughter and sense of humor.

Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m., Sunday, at Frain Mortuary, Winamac. The funeral services will be at 10 a.m., Monday (Aug. 12), at the funeral home with Rev. Edward Clark officiating. Burial will be in McKinley Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Winamac.

:cry: I am sure gonna miss her picking at me and my cooking !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: we lost one of our hoosier group

Postby Verna » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Dave , I am so sorry to hear this. Barb was always so great to talk to. I will truly
miss her at the Tearjerker gatherings.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby Nansplace » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:31 pm

My heart goes out to you Dave at this horrible time of loss. I didn't know her long, but she was a very friendly lady that truly loved every minute she could spend with her fellow Tearjerker family. I'm so glad Bob and I were able to see her one last time at the Ohio gathering this summer. We missed both of you at CRA, and will continue to miss Barb, but we expect to see you again at another gathering when you're ready. Take care, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Nansplace
Teardrop Master

Postby DrCrash » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:11 pm

My heart is truly saddened. Our first gathering of any kind was crossroads 2011 and Barb took my wife and I in as her own. Showed Viki how to work a Dutch oven gave her a recipe book. we camped often with Dave and Barb between gatherings and got to see her one last time here in Ohio where she made dutch oven lasagna. And it was the best. She was a great lady and will be missed.

Dave our prayers be with you.

An Angel sings.
DrCrash
The 300 Club

Postby Jim and Sharon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Dave...we just caught the message and we are so sorry. Please accept our condolences. We didn't get to know her long, but we will miss that lady. Thanks for sharing her with us and please take care of yourself. Maybe our paths will cross again in the future.
Jim and Sharon
Teardrop Builder

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Dave, what can I say that hasn't been said except Barb's personallity was a joy to be around. It's a sad day for all of us and I wish you the best in the coming months. :(

Let us know if these is anything we can do to help you out.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby tearhead » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:20 pm

I am so sorry, and my sympathies go out to Dave, and to all the Indiana teardroppers. We met Barb and Dave on their maiden voyage at Whitewater State Park several years ago, and I very much enjoyed some long and humor-filled talks with Barb. Our paths crossed again at the first CRA. She and I really hit it off, and I am so sorry to hear of her passing. :(
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby dclarkbar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:46 am

For anyone that knew Barb, here is a memorial video that my son make for me to honor his mother's birthdate. Dave
dclarkbar
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Verna » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:13 am

Thank you, Dave. Your son did a wonderful job. I hope to see you camping again. Next week at Potato Creek?

To the others who knew Barb.....Kleenex would come in handy......but, it sure was nice seeing Barb again, if only in pictures.

Verna
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:26 am

Damn that's hard to watch. I am setting here at my desk at work with wet cheeks. I will miss her picking at me. God that must be tough for you to watch but it was a very beautiful effort on Aaron's part. Something to always treasure in quiet moments.

Bob
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Nansplace » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Verna & Bob are right, it is truly a beautiful memorial of your beautiful wife. Aaron did a wonderful job of putting it together and I know it will be something your entire family & friends that loved Barb will cherish for years to come.

Dave we sure haven't forgotten about you and hoping you are coping as well as can be expected. Hope to see you at another gathering as soon as you feel up to joining us again. Take care of yourself.
Nansplace
Teardrop Master

Return to Midwest