Land Of Lincoln 2014 Gathering dates ...NOTE 1 CHANGE!

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Land Of Lincoln 2014 Gathering dates ...NOTE 1 CHANGE!

Postby Woodbutcher » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Doug and I are posting the 2014 schedule as early as we can to help those who have to request vacation before the end of this year.

*****PLEASE NOTE*****JUNE DATE CHANGED FROM OUR CAMPFIRE CONVERSATION AT LOWDEN......

JUNE 12-15TH (PREVIOUS DATE WAS ONE WEEK EARLIER) THIS GATHERING WILL BE HELD IN GALENA ILLINOIS AT OUR FARMHOUSE. SAME AS 2012. DUE TO THE SIZE OF THE PROPERTY WE NEED TO LIMIT IT TO 15 TRAILERS.

After the first of the year we will post all the details and start a sign up sheet.

AUGUST 7-9th Kickapoo State Park near Danville Illinois

September 5-7th Tears By the River, Thomson Illinois.....Hosted by Tina and Jerry.

October 9-12th Sauk Trail State Park near Kewanee Illinois

All of our gatherings will be the second weekend of each month. If this works out next year, we will talk about always using the second weekend of the month for our gathering. That should help people plan ahead. We will still move around to different places. Except for Tears by The River, that will be up to Tina and Jerry.

Doug and I hope that next year will be as fun and well attended as 2013 was. We sure enjoy getting together with all of you. We invite new people to come out and join us. You DO NOT have to camp in a Teardrop. Anything that keep you out of the weather is fine.

Have a safe and healthy winter and we will see you next year!!!!!

We will start a separate thread for each gathering when we get closer.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Land Of Lincoln 2014 Gathering dates ...NOTE 1 CHANGE!

Postby bobhenry » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:45 am

This crazy Hoosier will try and make the August gathering it's just too close to resist. Nancy and I scouted that park on our way back from the gathering this summer and it is nice.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:03 am

Bob, we would love to have you both join us again. Everyone had a great time.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Here is a reprint of the review I had PM'ed you after our roll thru.......

On the way home we found ourselves about 4 miles from Kickapoo state park so we took a quick tour.

We were very impressed with it. It is clean and well appointed with playgrounds, swimming pool and scuba diving facilities. The electric campgrounds are divided into 3 different compounds. The little one 18 sites ( name escapes me)was on the water and in bright sun with little or no shade. The Ilini loop was about 35 sites and would be my choice. With nice bath house within a rocks throw of sites 67 thru 85 which were nice deep shade and would be my choice. The 3rd was the Miama loop. 60 some sites and was too big and too much of a walk for their vaults and modern restrooms. Hydrants are still a bit of a walk from some sites but seemed better located. The vault toilets were much better maintained and the mens have a seperate urinal style corner trough. I did not look into the modern restrooms but the buildings were large by clinton standards indicating larger shower rooms and more thrones. I say it would be a good one and we both give it a thumbs up ! :thumbsup:

Nancy wants site 77 in he ilini loop

Just an FYI feel free to copy and post our review if you wish.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Thanks Bob! Good idea.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jseyfert3 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:47 pm

I plan to have my trailer done by spring. I'd love to attend if I could, but I have to see how my summer internship scedule is before I can commit to anything right now.
jseyfert3
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:00 pm

We would love to have you join us. With or without a teardrop you are welcome. Just watch for the announcement of when you can begin reserving sites.

Good luck finishing the trailer! :thumbsup:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Steve,

We plan to attend the Kickapoo event in August.

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Sounds great Rob....We will post as soon as we can reserve sites. It will be good to see you guys. We can do some frog/toad photography. :applause:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby moxie50 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Booo, I must not understand how the booking for the Thomson weekend works. I tried some time ago, but found nothing shows as "available" until 6 months before the event. We were new last year at Shabonna (Rocky's dog parents) and missed what looks like an interesting layout at Thomson last year because everything in that loop was unavailable, and I was reluctant to be so far away from the "action". This year I made myself remember Mar 5 to go and register, and yes, it is 5 pm, but all are gone again. Do you all go on at the opening bell and ......?? Jay & Jane
moxie50
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sherryk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:34 am

Regarding Thomson/ Tears by the River, Jerry and Tina arranged to pre-reserve the entire loop for us. Go check here http://www.tearjerkers.net/new_forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7197&start=30 on how to join in the fun!
sherryk
Teardrop Builder

Postby tjx » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:00 am

Jay & jane...

The campground for Tears by the River has a 6 month reservation window. It is open now. Plus the Ranger has Friday & Saturday blocked off for us. If you would like to come on these 2 nights just let me know and I will send you our address to send payment of $32 to hold your spot. There are 20 sites and we can double up on them once the 20 are filled. If you end up doubling up, then you will get some money back at the gathering. If you would like to come in on Thursday night you need to go online and reserve that night, then still pay me for Friday/Saturday. Now is this clear as mud? :thinking: :?

Tina & jerry.
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby tjx » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:30 pm

Still a few open spots left for Tears by the River if anyone wants to join in...if coming in on Thursday, please reserve online for that day and left me know your spot. That way you can have the same spot for Friday and Saturday and I can pm you on where to send the reservation fee for those nights. If anyone has any questions on the process or just wants more info, please pm me or ask away on the forum. Always a good time...
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Thu May 08, 2014 6:21 am

bobhenry wrote:This crazy Hoosier will try and make the August gathering it's just too close to resist. Nancy and I scouted that park on our way back from the gathering this summer and it is nice.

Well with a little help from my friends I am now reserved on site 68 for the August gathering :thumbsup:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby snowlawn » Sun May 11, 2014 11:46 am

Good morning everyone and Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers!

My name is Gary and I am a future Teardrop builder! Juanita and I would love to join you for the weekend in Galena. If there is any room left, how do we register and pay for the site? We would come in on Friday afternoon. Does anyone know where we can rent a Teardrop? We live between Chicago and Rockford in McHenry County. If not we will bring our tent.
snowlawn
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Midwest