BLUE GRASS GATHERING AT LAKE CUMBERLAND

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

BLUE GRASS GATHERING AT LAKE CUMBERLAND

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:01 am

Well the Kentucky group did there best to hide their gathering but I had my spies out........

And a special thanks for the hospitality of the bluegrass group to a couple wandering (freeloading) Hoosiers for a warm welcome.

It is sometimes funny how things happen. I called Whitney to harass him as I drove past Crothersville on the way to Glasgow to visit my mother and he told me to quit waving at his house because he was in KY. I inquired where and put it into my plans to stop by for a visit and to drag mom out for some fresh air. She was all up for the one hour drive over to visit and to experience a pot luck dinner.

This was mom's second gathering ( she arrived for Sunday breakfast a couple years ago at our Madison Gathering)

HOWEVER :

She had never experienced a pot luck dinner. She was surprised and delighted at the diversity and quality of the cooking. ( AND this is coming from a woman who has single handedly written two cookbooks.) So to all, that is a big thumbs up :thumbsup:

It is always fun visiting with old friends and making new so a great big thanks to all for making mom and I feel so welcome.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: BLUE GRASS GATHERING AT LAKE CUMBERLAND

Postby ParTaxer » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:36 am

It was nice to visit with you and your mother again. Hang in there Bob.

Mike W
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Re: BLUE GRASS GATHERING AT LAKE CUMBERLAND

Postby Carter & Susan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:00 pm

We enjoyed the surprise visit with you and your mom Saturday night. Please come again and I hope Sadie had a good time too.

Carter
Carter & Susan
Gold Donating Member

Return to Midwest