Cooler Near The Lake IX April 23-26, 2015

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: Cooler Near The Lake IX April 23-26, 2015

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Another Cooler is over and it was a great success. It lived up to it's billing as it was Cooler! But we were spared rain and had several fires in the shelter. Good food and loads of laughs were everywhere. Saturday was nice enough that some of us hiked the dunes and the beach putting in 3.7 miles of walking. It was windy and Gary promised to work on that for next year. We missed a few people this year, but had a nice visit from Kevon and Annette, who were not able to camp with us. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the other gatherings this year and hope those that were new at Cooler will join us again. Thanks for all your hard work Gary and Cheri you made this a successful weekend! :applause:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gary and Cheri » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:09 am

Another Cooler is over and we are now home. I have now had a night's sleep without a dog sleeping on top of me and I'm ready to head to Minnesota next week. Thanks to all you good people who make putting on this event so much fun for Cheri and I. A special thanks to Cheryl and Dennis for their help in locating a place for us to eat on "Cook's Night Out".

The weather on Thursday and Friday was as good as it gets. Saturday could have had a little less wind but overall my weather complaints are minimal. Perhaps next year if we could get a couple more participants coming from the south with a car load of warmer air we will do better temperature wise. As always the shelter proved to be worth every penny we paid.

My only complaint would revolve around the park not having the bathroom completely ready for us. As this is the first time it has happened in our 8 years at TA it can be overlooked. Awesome that the park let us into the shelter early again. As I had an extra button I left one at the desk for the new park superintendent. Hope she wears it with pride.

I heard from several of you that you liked only making either breakfast or dinner and I think we should continue with this way of cooking next year. I think everyone got enough to eat with very little leftovers. The time for each event also seemed to work for everyone so next year we will continue with the same schedule.

See you next year for number 10.

COOLER NEAR THE LAKE X
Thursday April 28th - Sunday May 1st
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Eileen k. » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Gary and Cheri, Dennis and Cheryl,
Thank you for arranging such a fun weekend! Everyone made us
feel so welcomed. And the food...yum! Kohler st park is lovely...
we stayed an extra day. We enjoyed looking at all the trailers...
such great ideas and beautiful workmanship. Almost ready to
buy a tongue box! See ya soon, Eileen and Steve
Eileen k.
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Midwest