MEETING INTHE MIDDLE, RAMSEY LAKE AUG. 13-16 2015

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

MEETING INTHE MIDDLE, RAMSEY LAKE AUG. 13-16 2015

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:14 pm

It is time to start thinking about the Meeting in the Middle gathering. It will be held at Ramsey Lake State Rec area, just southwest of Springfield near Vandalia.

The main sign up info and sign up thread is over on TearJerkers. http://www.tearjerkers.net/new_forum/vi ... =48&t=8161

Well the wind chill is -16 so I thought it would be a good time to announce the "Meeting in the Middle " Gathering. It will be held August 13th-16th (Thurs-Sun) 2015 at Ramsey Lake State Recreation area in Ramsey IL. Doug and I would like to invite everyone to join the group. It does not matter what you camp in, all are welcome!

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/pa ... ramsey.htm

PLEASE NOTE*********THIS GATHERING WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT SIGN UP PROCEDURE. WE HAVE RESERVED A LOOP OF 17 SITES NEXT TO A SHELTER. THIS ALLOWS US A PRIVATE AREA AND A SHELTER FOR GROUP MEALS AND VISITING. These sites are NOT reserve able the normal way through Reserve America.

So here are the details to sign up. You post on the Tear Jerker thread that you are coming, and when. I have Friday and Saturday nights reserved for all 17 sites. The cost per night is $20.00. So each camper needs to send me $40.00 for those two nights. I will pay the Park for those nights. If you want to come early, say Wednesday or Thursday, you would register at the office and pay them for those early days only since I have paid for your Friday and Saturday nights. If you come early you can use one of the 17 reserved sites for those early days and not have to move. Once you post you are coming, I will send you a PM with my address.

Ramsey Lake SP is located southeast of Springfield near Vandalia

This is a beautiful park. There is a big lake for canoeing or Kayaking.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Midwest