May 5-7th Indiana gathering

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby 48Rob » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:05 am

Only ONE week until the Central Midwest Teardrop Campout!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Kurt, are there any spots left?

See you all soon! :thumbsup:

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Scooter » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:12 am

6 more days :thumbsup:
The RoadCamper the old teardrop
Scooter
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:16 pm

48Rob wrote:Only ONE week until the Central Midwest Teardrop Campout!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Kurt, are there any spots left?

See you all soon! :thumbsup:

Rob

Rob, as far as I know, the general area is still open. We might be spread out a bit but we can all find the movie . I'll have the stereo cranked up so the neighbors can hear it too.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Mon May 01, 2006 6:14 am

Thanks Kurt!

Sarah and I are heading out Wednesday.
Might stay at Turkey run, might come straight down...depends on which way the rain goes...

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Jimmy Mc » Tue May 02, 2006 9:41 pm

I think I'm ready. Made a box for the front of the camper , got the doors to seal, went camping two weekends in a row, Yep I'm ready. Will be there Friday afternoon. Can hardly sleep at night. Jimmy :twisted:
Jimmy Mc
Teardrop Inspector

Postby IndyCubby » Tue May 02, 2006 9:56 pm

I'm still planning to be there, although, having trouble convincing anyone to come along with me. Might just be me and a half-blind Weimaraner.

Looking forward to meeting everyone face-to-face!
8)
Chris
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby Scooter » Tue May 02, 2006 10:01 pm

Hoping to get there around 2:00 Friday afternoon, give or take. Figure about 4 hours up to Louisville and another 1.5 or 2 to Spring Mill. Lookin' forward to it! :thumbsup:
Scooter
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Wed May 03, 2006 4:36 am

Leland (Matoon, IL) and I will be there on Thursday to get settled in. Looks like decent weather for the weekend.(but ya'never know for sure).

This should be a fun weekend for current TD owners and also a great time for any visitors or new builders looking for ideas.

Can't wait to get there and kick into Teardrop time. :thumbsup: 8)
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Fri May 05, 2006 8:52 am

The weather is great, the park is fantastic, and the tears are rolling in! :applause:

If you can make it, come join us for the weekend.

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 48Rob » Sun May 07, 2006 2:45 pm

Many thanks to Kurt for hosting a fantastic weekend! :thumbsup:

It was nice to see old friends, and meet new ones from the board.
There were a lot of very nicely done tears, and as always, a lot of ideas and features I wish I'd have known about before building mine...

Someone else may have better pictures, but for now, here are a few of the tears (and campers) and a few of the people.

Spring Mill Gathering pictures

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby IndyCubby » Sun May 07, 2006 6:30 pm

I'll second that, Rob!

Kurt, great job organizing. :applause:

What a great group of people. It was so much fun to walk around and look at all the trailers and hear all the stories. Everyone had a story to tell (some had several great stories!).

I have to tell you, there's nothing like sitting by a campfire after everyone has gone to bed and listening to the silence...wow. I dozed off at about midnight in my chair by the fire only to be awakened by one of those damn raccoons! I decided to go to bed after that.... :o

It was nice to meet you all and thanks for the warm welcome you showed me as a newcomer!

Now, I'm off to bed early tonight. Jack and Bill (the two boys who were with me) WORE ME OUT! :?
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby Boodro » Sun May 07, 2006 9:12 pm

GREATR JOB Kurt !!! Thanks for all your hard work setting it up!!! Great movie & good french toast this am too! Right out of the cast iron skillet!It was a great time for me, I think I talked to at least 50 lookers while setting around. So many lookers were astonished that I slept in there, it was something that they could not fathom for some reason! It was fun to meet so many great campers too. I was welcomed like I had been there all along. Thanks everyone for your friendship ! I look forward to the next Gathering. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby josephhanson » Mon May 08, 2006 6:58 am

I too would like to say thanks!
I had a great time, I had never seen a teardrop "in person", and what a great bunch of people. I can't wait till the next time.
Joe Hanson
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby Jimmy Mc » Mon May 08, 2006 7:34 am

Thanks Kurt, and everyone there, for making us fill so wellcome. Cheryl and I had the greatest camping trip of all time. I now have a lot of ideas for some improvements to my tear. I just could not beleive the public interest in our campers. What a trip. Jimmy & Cheryl :applause: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jimmy Mc
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Scooter » Mon May 08, 2006 8:53 am

Ditto what you guys said, and thanks Kurt! :thumbsup:
I had a blast. Wish this kinda thing happened more often. Was great to meet everyone, and hope to see you all again real soon. Got some great ideas for my teardrop, which is still in the process of tweaking.

Downside is, makes coming to work Monday morning REALLY SUCK when you've had such a great weekend! :cry:
Scooter
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest