May 5-7th Indiana gathering

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: Hi all

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:08 pm

Jimmy Mc wrote:I'm the new guy, just found this place. Jimmy

Jimmy, you'll enjoy this group. Lots of youth challenged guys and gals here. Youth is something I regained a bit of when I started my teardrop. I love to travel and meet new friends. I'm not retired yet but about a year and a half from now I can seriously consider it. :applause: :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:11 pm

One thing I forgot to ask. If anyone plays guitar, harp, banjo, bongos, or any other instrument, thing about bringing it to the Spring Mill gathering. A good campfire sing along could be great fun.
Let me know, I'll get some songs and music together. :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Boodro » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:29 pm

Hey Jimmy , good to see another camping nieghbor! :applause: Have ya posted any pics of your TD? You will find out very soon from more than one sourcethat we" love da pics!" ! 8) SOme guy named Madjack will approach you when you least expect it & say " PSSSST ! Where's da pics?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kurt ,I'll bring my 12 string if I remember , & I have room! :M What kinda music( read NOISE) do ya like??? John Denver,Harry Chapin, Garth?
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:27 am

heya Jimmy, welcome to the board...we have a lotta fun here and most of us ar least a little nuts...so beware :lol:
madjack 8)
p.s psssst got any pics...we wanna see 'em cause we just luve da pics :D ;)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:51 am

Boodro wrote:
Kurt ,I'll bring my 12 string if I remember , & I have room! :M What kinda music( read NOISE) do ya like??? John Denver,Harry Chapin, Garth?

I like everything from Bluegrass to Blues. I'm not a Pro but I like to strum along. If you have any music (chords/words) that you can make a few copies of, that would be great. We could make a lot of noise with a 12 string. The hard part will be tuning it.

CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Jimmy Mc » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I'm really new to all this so it will take me a while to figure out how to post pics, but I will. As for playing music I have a hard time playing a radio.
Jimmy Mc
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:17 pm

Jimmy Mc wrote: As for playing music I have a hard time playing a radio.

Jimmy, Sittin' by the fire and enjoying the tunes is all anyone asks. Just don't laugh at us as your relaxin'. Hopefully a "ringer" will join the gathering and we'll have some real entertainment. :thinking: :applause:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Boodro » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:43 pm

Kurt , sounds good to me , its been a while since I have picked around a good ol campfire. Lookin forward to it tho! :guzzle: Quenchin my thirst too!
I'll see what I can do about some sheets. I have quite a collection of books & sheet music. Should be a ble to scrounge somethin together. See ya'll real soon! :thumbsup: :twisted:
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:12 pm

Jimmy Mc wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I'm really new to all this so it will take me a while to figure out how to post pics, but I will. As for playing music I have a hard time playing a radio.

...doin' pictures ain't that hard....look at the top of this page for "Hellp with Photos"....if you need a program to resize them click here for a good one that has an included tutorial....lookin' forward toit
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby 48Rob » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi Jimmy!

Glad you can make it!

There's gonna be a lot of very nice teardrops at the gathering, and even nicer owners :thumbsup:

See you soon!

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby IndyCubby » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:59 pm

Hey all.

I finally got around to making my reservation today. I'm in site #80.

If I played guitar, I'd bring it. I play just about everything else (i'm a Band Director). Maybe I'll bring a tuba! Wouldn't that make for an interesting ensemble :shock:

I'm just kidding....I'm not bringing a tuba. That would scare away all the wildlife...

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Chris
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby 48Rob » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:09 pm

Hi Chris,

I'm kinda partial to harmonica and flute...
Can't play either one, but sure enjoy listening!

There is a large natural bowl behind your campsite, bet any music played there would just float out over the camp like a veil of mist...

See you soon! :shake hands:

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby IndyCubby » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:54 pm

48Rob wrote:Hi Chris,

I'm kinda partial to harmonica and flute...
Can't play either one, but sure enjoy listening!

There is a large natural bowl behind your campsite, bet any music played there would just float out over the camp like a veil of mist...

See you soon! :shake hands:

Rob

Oh great....if that's the case, then everybody is certain to hear me snore!! :lol:

Just kidding.

Spring Mill sounds like a really pretty place. It is so close that I'm sorry I haven't been down there to visit before.

Chris

btw - that is a very classy trailer you have built, Rob. Can't wait to see it in person.
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Spring Mill Visit

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:22 am

Since I haven't seen Spring Mill Park up close, I will be visiting it on March 30th.
If there are any questions or details that you need me to look into, just let me know.
So far we have 20 Teardrops registered for the Gathering. That's a great turnout and :R I'm excited.

I'll let you know later, what details I found while I was there.

:thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Boodro » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:27 pm

Hey Kurt , maybe check out the elect. ? Waht ampereage ? wired correctly ? DOes the posts look good or are they all junked? How far from the pads or camping area's ? Just a few thoughts! 8) And besides ya asked didn't ya? :lol: :lol:
Se how far the closest beer store is! ;)
What kind of issues if any during rain? Any bigt wash outs in the camping areas?
Guess I'll quit now. :oops:
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest