May 5-7th Indiana gathering

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Jimmy Mc » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:51 pm

I can hardly wait to go. 20 teardrops in one place, so far I've only seen one and I had to make it. We may have one more if we can get it done in time. My nephew and I are building him one right now. It's a 4 by 8 woody. He knows how to use this computer thing and is going to show me how to post pic soon!!!!
Jimmy
Jimmy Mc
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:20 pm

Just got back from Spring Mill Park. Wow! What a great park. There are many things to do including the Pioneer Village, The caves, the pool, hiking , bike riding, etc. I got a look at our gathering area and it looks like we'll have an area mostly to ourselves. We'll need to pick a location (someones camp site) to have the Movie and another to have the group Breakfast meetings. :thinking:

My site might be a little small but it is centrally located. We'll have to see how it works out. Some of you who have made reservations have some great looking camp sites.
It was in the seventies today and was a fantastic day to visit the park.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the (now) 21 campers who have registered. :thumbsup: :applause:
It's only a month away, and I can't wait.

See you there,
Kurt
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Boodro » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:55 pm

Far out ! 21 Teardrops ! You can almost cry a river with that many! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't wait to see everyone there. Is the guitar jam session still on ? I'm up for it.
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:27 am

Boodro wrote:Far out ! Is the guitar jam session still on ? I'm up for it.

Sure, but I'm bringing my bike in case we get chased out of the camp ground. :lol: :lol:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:03 am

Kurt,

Wow, 21 teardrops!!

I think you should be the club organizer every year!! :thumbsup:

You're good!! :applause: :applause:

The group is really starting to grow...

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Scooter » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:16 am

I'd like to come up but gonna wait till I can see what's going on for me that particular weekend before making concrete plans. It's actually closer than the SE gathering in NC two weeks later.
The RoadCamper the old teardrop
Scooter
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:23 am

Scooter wrote:I'd like to come up but gonna wait till I can see what's going on for me that particular weekend before making concrete plans.

Scooter, You might think :thinking: about reserving a site (maybe cancel it later), because we'd like to have everyone in somewhat the same area.
Spring Mill can help you with the cancellation policy if that makes sense.

Hope to see you there,
Kurt :applause: :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:25 am

48Rob wrote:Kurt,

Wow, 21 teardrops!!

I think you should be the club organizer every year!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob,

I thought someone mentioned your name for next year. :thinking: :twisted:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Scooter » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:38 am

Kurt (Indiana) wrote:
Scooter, You might think :thinking: about reserving a site (maybe cancel it later), because we'd like to have everyone in somewhat the same area.
Spring Mill can help you with the cancellation policy if that makes sense.

Hope to see you there,
Kurt :applause: :thumbsup:

Yep I really should do that. Maybe get some time today at work to do it.
Scooter
500 Club

Postby Scooter » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:54 pm

Hmm...guess the way to do it is reserve a site and hope to like it when I get there. Seems to be a really nice park, and hopefully no bad sites. Thinking about site 177 on the corner. If anybody knows why that would or wouldn't be a good site, jump in and let me know!

I've never stayed at an IN state park, although have spent alot of time in the state back when we used to be big Indy 500 fans.
Scooter
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:53 pm

Scooter wrote: Thinking about site 177 on the corner. If anybody knows why that would or wouldn't be a good site, jump in and let me know!

I looked at the area and found the outside sites to be better than the interior ones. Actually I don't remember what 177 looked like. They are all pretty good.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby Scooter » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:47 am

Make that 22 teardrops. Got a site reserved and looking forward to my first teardrop gathering. :thumbsup:
Scooter
500 Club

Postby 48Rob » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:02 am

Scooter,

I can't remember exactly what 177 looks like, but the outside spaces back up to a creek and and some higher ground, so semi private.

Either way, you're gonna have a great time at your first gathering! (It's really about the people...) :thumbsup:

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:06 pm

48Rob wrote:

Either way, you're gonna have a great time at your first gathering! (It's really about the people...) :thumbsup:

Rob

Last year, if you remember, we had the "first day of qualifying rain storm" at McCormick's Creek. We still had a good time, even though Rob's shiney newly polished trailer got wet (really wet). There is no such thing as a "bad time" at a teardrop gathering. The people make it what it is ; and it's a great time.!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:51 am

Kurt,

I remember it well!

All the way there, the wind blew strong.
At times, looking in the rear view mirrors, the trailer looked as if it was straining to bend down to embrace the pavement.
Then the rain came :o

What a storm. We, along with all the other traffic slowed to a crawl trying to make out the center line of the highway.
A half an hour later it was over, and we pulled into camp.

That night it rained again, and again.
Morning came, the birds were singing, and the wonderous scent of Kurt's freshly brewed coffee made a great start to a new day.
(Actually, drinking Kurt's coffee made a better start, thanks buddy :thumbsup: )

After wiping down the trailer and lawn chairs, we joined the others for a just made hot breakfast (and some more coffee).

Very nice indeed, but special only because of the good people we shared it with. :)

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest