Cooler Near the Lake 11

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Re: Cooler Near the Lake 11

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:49 pm

dutrisac24 wrote:Excuse me, as a newbie can someone let me know what a "button" is? Thanks. :) Looking forward to this weekend... rain or shine....

The Button, means you are officially part of the group. (Whether you want to be or not) :lol: Each gathering has a button that is special for that event. Many members display them in their trailers. See you in a couple days!

Steve
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Nur » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are both relatively new to the forums, and even newer to the teardrop and tiny camper world... We stumbled across a tear last year on a trip to Colorado and thought it looked perfect for how we travel.... So over the winter we attempted our first build (clearly a first attempt...lol), but it's been a fun and a learning experience.... This spring we did our first trip down to the Blue Ridge Mountains, then on to the beach in SC... We loved it.... After stumbling across this posting and realizing just how close "Cooler Near the Lake" is to us, we thought we'd sign on and come meet everyone... We don't really know what to expect, but we'll be there... Site 9, likely arriving at 5:30 or 6 ish on Friday... Please, feel free to stop by...

Jeffrey and Pam
Nur
Teardrop Inspector

Postby RioWilson » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Nur wrote:Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are both relatively new to the forums, and even newer to the teardrop and tiny camper world... We stumbled across a tear last year on a trip to Colorado and thought it looked perfect for how we travel.... So over the winter we attempted our first build (clearly a first attempt...lol), but it's been a fun and a learning experience.... This spring we did our first trip down to the Blue Ridge Mountains, then on to the beach in SC... We loved it.... After stumbling across this posting and realizing just how close "Cooler Near the Lake" is to us, we thought we'd sign on and come meet everyone... We don't really know what to expect, but we'll be there... Site 9, likely arriving at 5:30 or 6 ish on Friday... Please, feel free to stop by...

Jeffrey and Pam

Use caution - once you attend a gathering you will be looking for the next, the next, the next. They are incredibly fun and a wonderful group of people to hang out with.

Don't worry about the weather - that's why we rent the shelter and have large fires to gather around inside away from the rain/snow and cold.

Welcome to the event!
RioWilson
Teardrop Master

Postby Gary and Cheri » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Welcome Jeffrey and Pam. I have Ginni Schmidt as being in 9 (page 1 of this thread). Hope everyone registered for the right weekend. 8)
" I started out with nothing and I have most of it left." Groucho Marx

With each grey hair I'm another step closer to becoming a wizard!
Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby giesee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 pm

let it snow , don't care installed a espar will b warm .....
Forget the question.... beer is the answer
giesee
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gary and Cheri » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:59 pm

We have had piles of snow in the parking lots at least twice in the 11 Coolers. The shelter though makes all the difference. :beautiful:

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby Gary and Cheri » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Assuming 27 trailers our shared cost is $9.00 per site. Weather forecast if for occasional :rainy: for much of the event so dress appropriately and be thankful for the super shelter we have rented. Anyone who would like to donate a bundle of wood for use in the shelter will be appreciated. I am planning on being on my site mid afternoon tomorrow. See everyone shortly. :wine:

Gary and Cheri
500 Club

Postby SStangler » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 pm

We found out on our spring break trip that our tear leaks pretty badly (from the manufactured doors of all unexpected places). Only when being towed...but not sure I can dodge raindrops on the way up.

So hopefully we can get that resolved with some additional weather stripping and caulk, but wanted to let everyone know that we are now a "maybe" depending on the weather.

Thanks,
Shana
SStangler
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KennethW » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:53 pm

Was planning to go, but a 8 hr drive for most likely cold rainy camping.
I will hopefully see you guys next year. Or at other events.
Hope the rain stays away for you guys. Have fun!!
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tearhead » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 am

Gary and all, we are so sorry but last night's forecast has caused us to decide to sit this one out. Really disappointed, but maybe we are getting wimpy in our old age.
Gary, please post or PM me your address. I'm happy to contribute to the cost of the shelter.
Pat
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby RioWilson » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 am

It's sunny and nice out and we're packed to go. Be leaving in an hour or two. I would be disappointed if it was 70 and sunny as it would be a waste of the $9 for the shelter and a good fire, and I would have no *good excuse for a mid-day nap. See you soon!
RioWilson
Teardrop Master

Postby gdpipkorn » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:47 pm

RioWilson wrote:It's sunny and nice out and we're packed to go. Be leaving in an hour or two. I would be disappointed if it was 70 and sunny as it would be a waste of the $9 for the shelter and a good fire, and I would have no *good excuse for a mid-day nap. See you soon!

I'm with you. Good napping is essential
If one's life is entertaining, there is no need to go and buy entertainment.
gdpipkorn
Gold Donating Member

Postby Nur » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:36 am

Just wanted to send a quick “thank you” to Gary/Cheri for their efforts, and everyone who attended this weekends ‘Cooler By The Lake 11’… Pam and I had a great time, met a lot of fantastic folks and really look forward to seeing you all again on future outings!
Nur
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Karen Clancy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:18 pm

Hello to all , Just got home from a great time at CNL 11 , Thanks to all for the welcome from everyone we had a great time & meet great people . Hope to see you all some day down the road , at this time our next one is at CRA in July . Thanks again and safe travels . Kerry & Karen
Karen Clancy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Big :applause: to Gary and Cheri for their hard work. It is a big effort to run one of these get together's and we appreciate what you do. It was not the best weather, but we powered through and still had a great time. Sometimes the bad weather makes for a better gathering. With less to do outside we all hang in the shelter by the big fire and kibitz. Many new faces this year and they all seemed to have a good time and fit in like they had been old friends. This is one of the things these little trailers do, they bring out the best people. Please join us at any or all of our gatherings in the future.

Kerry and Karen, It was great to meet you and I'll see you at CRA. !
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest