Just getting started and want to rent

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Just getting started and want to rent

Postby Jakekitty » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:52 pm

I live in central NH near the Maine border. Before I consider making an investment to purchase, I would like to try one out by renting. Trouble is, I can't seem to connect with any place or person that has a teardrop! It amazes me that such a cool camping option has yet to take off in New England. Can anyone offer ideas?
Jakekitty
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Just getting started and want to rent

Postby ae6black » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:16 pm

If you are really interested in a Tear Drop why not make a foamy. Cost would be considerably less than plywood sides and you'd have the fun of making it and camping in something you made with your own hands which carries with it your own bragging rights by the way. Also you'd get a feel for what you want and then spend more on your refined dream Tear Drop. Ask around, how many people still are using their original Tear Drop. Making these things is catchy. It's sort of like when you start collecting cast iron for cook ware.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Re: Just getting started and want to rent

Postby QueticoBill » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:24 am

Teardrops do seem to be southern, Southwest, west coast centric. I'm sure you searched. I'd try the RV dealers and http://poplarhillrv.com, but you might put a want to rent listing on nearby Craigslist. Someone near you will have one they don't use and when they see the idea, might say sure.

Good idea. Goid luck.
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Return to Northeast