GETTYSBURG - Just testing the waters . . .

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Postby madjack » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:30 pm

toypusher wrote:Coop,

You and Len AREN'T salesman :QM :QM :QM :o :shock: :? :lol:

Kerry, those gize aren't salesmen...they're TD AMBASSADORS...doanchano... :D ;) ............... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:38 pm

madjack wrote:
toypusher wrote:Coop,

You and Len AREN'T salesman :QM :QM :QM :o :shock: :? :lol:

Kerry, those gize aren't salesmen...they're TD AMBASSADORS...doanchano... :D ;) ............... 8)

MJ,

Just wait until you meet them both in person :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby new.granny » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:21 pm

We are starting semi-retirement in two weeks!! I will be tutoring on Saturdays & Mondays for the summer so we are also not able to make most rallys this year. We are attending our first rally in Mystic CT in July but will attend Thurs & Friday and beat feet early Saturday morning to be home by 10am.
We live near Concord & Lexington MA. which is another history rich area. Maybe a mini-rally mid week? Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday?
Just thinking out loud.
Granny
new.granny
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:34 pm

I'll be in Gettysburg Sept 19-25, helping judge the national sheep dog trials... if anyone is around that weekend, let me know and I'll see if I can hook up with anyone in the area... I won't be working all the time, and you might want to swing by to see the event.. lots of friendly dogs and unfriendly sheep/g/

http://sheepdogfinals2007.com/index.html
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Nancy P » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:48 pm

Will you be staying in your Teardrop next week?
I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well ;)

ImageImageImage
Nancy P
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:17 pm

I have been in gettysburg since monday and will be here for another 2 weeks.. not sure what date I'm leaving but i'll be driving back the day after it closes down..

http://www.sheepdogfinals2007.com/

If anyone is out that way, my t/d is visible from the road the trial is being held on.. I think it is Table Rock road..

so far, I really like the eu2000 gen I brought... saving me about $25/day in camping fees....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Outlaw » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:22 pm

Hey there Arne, will you be around any time on Sunday? Nancy and I were thinking about taking a drive down that way. Maybe we could bring some coffee or some other refreshments if you're available . . .
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:28 pm

Quick... someone take a picture of Arne's teardrop!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Outlaw » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:21 am

I'll definately schnap~a~shot when I see it. Arne, just in case you view this post some time today, I'll be doing a wedding (emcee/dj) until very late tonight. We were thinking about taking a drive down around lunch time on Sunday. I'll pm my wirless number just in case you may be available. I only live about 40 mins from Gettysburg, so even if we can't get together tomorrow, I feel certain we can say hello sometime during your stay.
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby Outlaw » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:45 pm

mikeschn wrote:Quick... someone take a picture of Arne's teardrop!!!

Mike...

:pictures: :thumbsup: :pictures: :thumbsup: :pictures: :thumbsup: :pictures: :thumbsup: :pictures: :thumbsup: :pictures:

It was great meeting Arne at Gettysburg. He didn't seem to have a care in the world while enjoying himself underneath today's beautiful sky. Nancy and I definatley picked up a few camping tips for our TD trip to Parvin. Thanks Arne!!!!
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby Arne » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:15 pm

Good to have you stop by.... am at lib catching up... people are slowly starting to arrive.. about 10 campers today.. that means 100 or so will arrive tomorrow with more trickling in as the week goes by..

Really lovely t/d camping spot.... and the gen is still perking along very nicely (was able to do the 20 hour oil change on site)... right now I have the hilltop to myself... by weeks end, it will look like Woodstock, with 150 campers, about 250 handlers, and 800 dogs.... then... it will become a melancholy time, as the Nationals end, and people go back to real life..... with great memories...

The weather is absolutely autumn gorgeous....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Arne » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:07 pm

the sheep dog trials have started.. the campground, after being laid out under some high tension wires, was moved, as the set up crew was getting shocked by the wet grass against our ankles....

I have to admit to buying a $15.00 sleeping bag at walmart. Keeping the generator running all night was using about 2 gallons of gas per night.... or around 5 bucks... I'll be here another 9 days... that's about 45 dollars in gas... against a cheap sleeping bag and waking up in a cold trailer...

I'm annoyed at myself about having to buy things I have at home, but did not bring.. even simple things like aspirin and blue tarps..... and the sleeping bag... and a few other things that one needs on a 2-1/2 week campout that I would not need over a weekend at a campground with water and electricity.

But, I also have to admit this is a great place to camp, and am having one heck of a relaxing time.... and since I'm working the trial, a lot of the food stuffs are included.... so, all in all, a great time...

Also, the honda eu2000i is the most popular generator here... they are all over the place..... I've counted at least a dozen in just the area I'm staying in and at the trial site.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Nancy P » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:33 am

Arne,
After visiting with you on Sunday and only experiencing a breeze, I had some concerns about the cool fall Pennsylvania nights. We appreiate your posts . . . we will be bringing lots of blankets and warm clothing to Parvin in October! Enjoy the rest of your visit! It sure sounds like you are having a fantastic time! NP
I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well ;)

ImageImageImage
Nancy P
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:18 pm

I've used the sleeping bag as a coverlet for 2 nights... the inside temp gets down to 50, outside about 40.. first night I wore sweats and used the normal bedding with the sleeping bag on top...

second night went without the sweats and was fine... did wear a knit hat...

in the a.m., i have clothes laid out, ready to go, including mucks for wet grass... so, I'm a bit uncomfortable for about 5 minutes... then off to diner for breakfast....

not so bad for free camping....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Arne » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:59 pm

just returned from 2 weeks in Gettysburg... great event... the eu2000 performed flawlessly.. used it for microwave, to charge 12v battery, run heater and a/c, as needed... the aux 6 gal fuel tank was dandy.... all together, used about 7 gallons of gas, or about 1/2 gallon per day.. half the nights, I ran the gen all night for a/c or heater...

Saw several setups with 2 of the Honda eu2000 wired together to run a/c, water heaters, etc., in big rv's..
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Previous

Return to Northeast