Virginia Fallfest gathering

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Virginia Fallfest gathering

Postby wanders » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi All,

I've heard from enough interested folks to go ahead and schedule an October gathering.
SO, here goes..

When. Friday October 17th through 19th.

Where. Walnut Hills campground in Mint Spring, VA. See http://www.walnuthillscampground.com/

How to reserve. Call the campground directly at (800) 69-WALNUT. BE SURE to say you are with Tearjerkers. The campground has us penciled in for four sites at this point, and can add more adjacent sites if we need them. The sites we have come with electric, water and cable hookups.

The rate per night is $34.00 plus tax. The Walnut Hills people mentioned a 10% discount for Good Sams members and also said that if you are not a member and sign up while there, the discount would apply, and you'd get a break on the membership fee.

As chapter director, I hope as many folks a possible can make it so we can brainstorm gathering ideas for 2009.

Potluck dinner for Saturday night. Bring something to grill, and a side for yourselves, plus two more.

Cathi and I think that a bit of culture might be in order. To that end, Blackfriars Theater in Staunton ( about 30 minutes away) has a 2:00 PM matinee of William Shakespeare's King Lear. This theater is a heck of a lot of fun. See http://www.americanshakespearecenter.com/v.php?pg=30

If this doesn't suit,other possible activities would be a hike on the Blue Ridge Parkway, tours of downtown Staunton ( loads of neat buildings and history) or a visit to the Museum of American Frontier Culture
http://www.frontiermuseum.org/

Please let me know if you are coming so I can get a list of campers, and keep the campground folks in the loop.

Best,

Wally
Wally & Cathi

Director- Old Dominion Tearjerkers

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Re: Virginia Fallfest gathering

Postby Creamcracker » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:38 am

wanders wrote:Hi All,

I've heard from enough interested folks to go ahead and schedule an October gathering.
SO, here goes..

When. Friday October 17th through 19th.

Where. Walnut Hills campground in Mint Spring, VA. See http://www.walnuthillscampground.com/

How to reserve. Call the campground directly at (800) 69-WALNUT. BE SURE to say you are with Tearjerkers. The campground has us penciled in for four sites at this point, and can add more adjacent sites if we need them. The sites we have come with electric, water and cable hookups.

The rate per night is $34.00 plus tax. The Walnut Hills people mentioned a 10% discount for Good Sams members and also said that if you are not a member and sign up while there, the discount would apply, and you'd get a break on the membership fee.

As chapter director, I hope as many folks a possible can make it so we can brainstorm gathering ideas for 2009.

Potluck dinner for Saturday night. Bring something to grill, and a side for yourselves, plus two more.

Cathi and I think that a bit of culture might be in order. To that end, Blackfriars Theater in Staunton ( about 30 minutes away) has a 2:00 PM matinee of William Shakespeare's King Lear. This theater is a heck of a lot of fun. See http://www.americanshakespearecenter.com/v.php?pg=30

If this doesn't suit,other possible activities would be a hike on the Blue Ridge Parkway, tours of downtown Staunton ( loads of neat buildings and history) or a visit to the Museum of American Frontier Culture
http://www.frontiermuseum.org/

Please let me know if you are coming so I can get a list of campers, and keep the campground folks in the loop.

Best,

Wally

I'm working on some time off for that weekend however it's not easy, sinnce I am away from October 21st until November 1st. Also I have a commitment on the Saturday morning in Greene county about 1 hour away. IF I can get time off on the Friday then we would/could head down Friday night....I'd do my thing on Saturday and should be back by noon. We would then have to leave on Saturday night for my Sunday commitment or leave early on Sunday morning. I'll just have to see where my October schedule falls.

Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby wanders » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Hey Phillip,

Thanks for your interest. Hope you can get everything worked out. Remember to reserve through the campground, and cross your fingers for good weather.

Wally
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Update

Postby wanders » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:34 pm

OK Folks,

So far, I've heard from Frank & Julie in New Kent County, Jim Coyner in Nelson County, and Phillip in Culpepper as coming for at least one night. Cathi and I will be there of course. We have a tentative form Gary and Bernadtte from Raleigh, NC also. 3-4 trailers at this point. Great for the 1st time out!!!

Just heard from John Hodgen of Summersville, WV. He's bringing his brand new tear on its first trip!

So far, so good. Here we go. If you have not reserved a campsite, please call Walnut hills at (800) 69-WALNUT. They have us penciled in for sites 101-105. Be sure to tell them that you are part of the Tearjerkers group.

I think our goal ought to be some brainstorming of what y'all want in the way of gatherings in'09, so start thinking about it.

Best,

Wally
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

If you plan to come

Postby wanders » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:38 pm

Anyone planning to come to this event needs to call Walnut Hills Campground ASAP to reserve.

These folks have us penciled in for sites, but they called me to say they are filling up for this weekend!
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Return to Northeast