Camp ADK Spring TearUp 2009

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

late arrival

Postby TheresaD » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:25 am

Eric - Here's a thought for you... :roll: It's kind of sneaky but it might make life easier for you. How about if you have another camper check in as you? Edit your pre-registration info...Perhaps someone that might be travelling with 2 vehicles could list their vehicle on your site and then when they get there register for your site so that it will look as though your party has checked in. This way when you arrive you can just come in. I'm sure there's probably more to this than I'm giving thought to... like... where's the trailer...that sort of thing... but perhaps it could work. I'm only going to have one vehicle otherwise I'd be glad to help you out.... We have some creative people here..... I'm sure among all of us we will figure out how to make this work with the least amount of hassle possible.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby Outlaw » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Thanks for the ideas Teresa :) Ed and Becky (aka Boomer) are going to have a talk with the park when they arrive tomorrow. They have my wirless number and will be giving me a call. At this point, it's our mission to get there. I know we have our fellow campers looking out for us and things will work out one way or another.

Everyone have a safe trip! :wine:
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby Kens » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Working tonight till 12:00 leaving in the morning at 6:00 driving 9:30 hours. :thumbdown: I'm already there mentaly.
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby boomer » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:28 pm

My concern with having someone else check Eric in, what if they ask for ID, which we have had them do ie-driver's license.....
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby boomer » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:29 pm

Kens wrote:Working tonight till 12:00 leaving in the morning at 6:00 driving 9:30 hours. :thumbdown: I'm already there mentaly.

Have a safe trip!! On my way to get the steaks :Flippin Burger:
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby TheresaD » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Boomer- I'm thinking that if the pre-reg lists the name of one of the people also that could work. I know that when I did my pre reg it asked for the names of the other campers on my site. I would think that since I listed my friend Cindy that she could go ahead and register if she got there before me. So if Eric had the name and vehicle listed of someone else on his pre reg perhaps that person might get there ahead of him and register for the site. That person's name would match what's on the pre reg if ID is asked for...My way of thinking... the campground doesn't necessarily need to know that person is actually on another site..As long as there aren't more than 6 people listed on the site... Just a thought...could work...
All The Best,

Theresa D.
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby TheresaD » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Heading off to the grocery store for the last few things...See you all tomorrow in the early afternoon (hopefully).
Eric - good luck tomorrow. I know it will be a tough day. Have a safe trip to FC and hopefully you won't have any issues at the gate.
All The Best,

Theresa D.
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Sure wish we could be there. At least we are going camping in the Poconos this weekend, but it is lots closer to home than FCP!

Hope everyone has a great weekend there!! :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Micro469 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:44 pm

It's raining!!!!....We're leaving tomorrow morning..... sure hope we don't bring it with us....... :roll: :?
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Arne » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:00 pm

weather is rain all weekend.... bring rain gear.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby greg755 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:31 pm

Raining now.

It is supposed to be on and off for the next three days, but they said Sat and Sun should have less than today and Friday...

This is NY so you never know what your going to get....
"It is a cruel thought, that, when we feel ourselves standing on the firmest ground in every respect, the cursed arts of our secret enemies, combining with other causes, should effect, by depreciating our money, what the open arms of a powerful enemy could not." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, 1779. ME 4:298, Papers 2:298
greg755
Grand Poobah

Postby boomer » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:06 pm

No mention of rain for Saturday & Sunday

* Tonight: Showers and thundershowers this evening will give way to steady rain overnight. Low 59F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall may reach one inch.
* Tomorrow: Showers in the morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 71F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
* Tomorrow night: Clear skies with a few passing clouds. Low 52F. Winds light and variable.
* Saturday: Some sun in the morning with increasing clouds during the afternoon. High 76F. Winds light and variable.
* Sunday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

* Monday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby Outlaw » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Don't worry folks, I'm bringing the sunshine with me. Her name is Nancy and we'll be on site 222. Thanks for all the help and advice regarding our reservations. We spoke to the park mgr today (Brenden) and he assured us they would not give our site away for any reason. As for anything else???? Well let's just say will be going with the flow 8)
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby Finntec » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:13 pm

It was great seeing everyone again this year & meeting all the new campers and touring their trailers! What a success Dave & Kate! Thanks so much.

Hope to see many of you at Cranberry Lake State Park for the Tear Down! :applause:
Former owner of a '05 Homebuilt TD & '87 Scamp
2012 Home built 10' Teardrop.
Finntec
The 300 Club

Postby Rick Sheerin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:54 pm

The weather was 50/50 all weekend but it didn't ruin anyones fun, especially on sat night when 100 people were hanging out on Dave and Kate's site, drinking wine(lots of wine!!) and having a good ole' time. The steal a gift game was hilarious. Thanks, Dave & Kate, as always, looking forward to next year already. :thumbsup:
Rick S
1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17ft

Careful with that Axe, Eugene
Rick Sheerin
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Northeast