Got Room for a Few More Up There

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Got Room for a Few More Up There

Postby D. Tillery » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:09 am

My wife accepted a job in Providence, RI so we will be moving there by June. We are very excited. Don't know if I'll get the tear done by then, I doubt it. It seems there is a high concentration of teardroppers up there. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

PS Anyone up there with ideas on rent houses with room for a yellow lab and two cats please PM me.

See you soon,
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby David Grason » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:08 pm

So let me make sure that I'm understanding you correctly.

You're moving from the largest state in the lower 48 to the very smallest state in the lower 48? I think one county in Texas could kick Rhode Island's butt in a war.

:lol:

BTW, I was in San Antonio in January with my folks. We ate at a place called the Red Barn. It was a steak house and we really liked it. Of course, we went and saw the Alamo and the River Walk too but we really like that steak house.
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

Re: Got Room for a Few More Up There

Postby TomS » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:48 pm

D. Tillery wrote:My wife accepted a job in Providence, RI so we will be moving there by June. We are very excited. Don't know if I'll get the tear done by then, I doubt it. It seems there is a high concentration of teardroppers up there. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

PS Anyone up there with ideas on rent houses with room for a yellow lab and two cats please PM me.

See you soon,
D. Tillery

I live about an hour from Providence. I don't think there is is high concentration of teardroppers up here. Hell, the only tear drops I've seen are on the net. However, my son saw one in Sudbury, Mass. about 3 weeks ago.

Be prepared for sticker shock when you start shopping for real estate in this part of the country. I don't follow the market that closely. But, it's no secret houseing is expensive up here. And whatever you do, don't move into a house with electric heat!!!!! Here the URL to the Providence newspaper to help with your research.. Good luck
http://www.projo.com/
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dennis T » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:32 pm

Hey Tom, have you heard of the Tearjerkers? New England Chapter is having a meet May 21-22 on Cape Cod. Also the big one in July 15-17 at Mystic. There is quite a few people from up there that have TD & TTT. You can contact John Duprey at [email protected] for more info.
Dennis
Dennis T
The 300 Club

Postby D. Tillery » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:29 am

Thanks y'all or should I say "you guys". I have been hearing that comment about biggest to smallest. I guess that is true. I've never been up to the northeast but I hear everything kindof runs together so it does not feel small. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

David, the Red Barn is an SA institution. The Alamo is always an interesting tour and the downtown area is fun. I think SA was named the fattest city too so I'd best hit the gym before the move.

TomS, thanks for the tip on electricity and the projo link. When I looked at our guestmap I did about a 400mi radius (Texas) and counted about a dozen faces. With the Tearjerkers group and all the faces in the same radius around RI, I figured there were more. But I'm guessing driving 400 miles up there is not as easy as down here.

We will rent for awhile since we have to be up there so soon and want to get the feel of the place before we buy. It is hard to find a permanent home in a week. I'm also looking for warehouse/light manufacturing space for my business and a place to finally build that tear.

Anyone who knows anyone who might have tips on residential and commercial rentals please let me know.

See you soon, D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby TomS » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:41 pm

Dennis,
Thanks for the heads-up on the tearjerker's events. Only problem is, I work Sundays. Getting one off is like pulling teeth. But, I'll definately keep it in mind. I might be able to make it out to one of those events on a Saturday. We'll see.

D. Tillery,

A 400 mile radius around here encompases a LOT of people. It would stand to reason that there would be more teadroppers within that area. however, I just don't see them. From what I can tell, there seem to be more on the West Coast, particulary in So. Cal. than any were else.

There are some nice aspects to living in New England. We have four very distinct seasons. Within a four-hour drive you can be on the seashore or in the mountains. There's lots of history as well as World-class museums.

We're home to the World Champion MLB team AND the World Champion NFL team. Hey New York, where's your World champoin pro sports team team? Just chokin' ... Oops! I mean, just joking. :lol:

Here's some more local newspaper links to help with your search:

Worcester Telegram & Gazette - You might try looking at some of the towns in the Blackstone Valley of Mass. along Rte. 146 such as Millbury, Suutton, Douglas or Uxbridge.
http://www.telegram.com

Boston Globe - Check some of the towns along I-95, Atleboro, Foxboro, Plainville, Mansfield and Wrentham.
http://www.boston.com

You might want to check around Fall River. and Seekonk as well.

Good luck.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby D. Tillery » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:14 pm

Tom, I am sitting here in my "Certified Yankee Hater" t-shirt.
[/img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrcustomsteel/detail?.dir=/845e&.dnm=d620.jpg&.src=ph

The MLB team, not yankies in general. My wife brought it back for me when she was up there interviewing. It does attract comments, even down here.

We are looking forward to the museums, baseball, seasons, COLD seawater, baseball, hockey(maybe), all that history. Aside from a few missions, old stuff in Texas dates from the 1830's.

I've been looking through the real estate pages and my wallet is screaming :cry:

What do you know about Pawtucket? How about farther out and south, like Warwick? Can you drive to downtown Providence from there every day?

Thanks, D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby TomS » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:45 pm

That tee shirt is wicked pissah! You'll fit right in at Fenway Pahk! I have fond memories of sitting in the box seats alonside right field. That crowd would torment Reggie Jackson something fierce. Then, after Jackson retired, they would chant at Lou Pinella "We want Reggie". :lol:

I have no idea how the commute into Providence is like from the South. Most of the time, I go there I take Rte. 146. Rte. 146 is nearing the end of a major upgrade, it's a very easy ride. In fact, I prefer to fly out of Providence rather than Boston because the access is so much easier.

I drove through Providence from the East on 195 once during the afternoon rush a couple of years ago. Except for some congestion going through downtown Providence, it was an easy ride.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Northeast