Christmas in July at the lake

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Christmas in July at the lake

Postby Kens » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:27 pm

July 23rd,24th,25th 2010

Hi everyone
Join us at Raccoon Creek State Park, Pa. for a mid summer get together.
We are in section E and the pet section is F. Pat & I walked these sections in November and they seemed nice.We suggest reserving for it is a small park and fills up fast. Please email us to let us know what site you have so we can post them. [email protected]
Gene & Patty just got a grillzilla like Coops and are bringing it for breakfast of pancakes & sausage Saturday morning which we will provide.
We are also having a pot luck dinner Saturday night at 6:00 PM.
As you are putting away your Christmas decorations make a box to decorate your TD. Prizes will be given.
Hope to hear from you soon

Ken & Pat site E10
Gene & Patty site E07
Chuck & Barb site E11
David, Alma & Salem site F4
Mark & Karen site E9
Kermit & Di E5
Amy, Ariel, Coop & Simba F23
Ed & Diana E19
Galen E13
Richard, Chrissie & Monkey F22
Tom Burke E20
David Turner & Family E23
Last edited by Kens on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:50 am, edited 10 times in total.
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby boomer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:25 pm

wish we could be there but you know why we can't 8)
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby Looneytoons » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Alma and I just reserved site F4. We have a black Cocker Spaniel named Salem so we need the pet area. He would never speak to us again if we didn't take him camping. He knows what the camping gear looks like so there's no sneaking off without him.

The TD won't be ready by July so we'll be tent camping. That's a good thing because I'll be able to steal a few ideas I'm sure.

We've never been to this campground before before so I drove out there this afternoon. As expected the campground was closed and there was five or six inches of snow on the ground. Salem and I walked back to check out the campsites to make sure we got one suitable for a tent. Salem had a great time chasing squirrels.

I didn't see any deer. The only dear tracks I saw were around the drive up window at the gate house. It looked like they had been milling around waiting for their pass. The tracks actually went back the way they came so I guess they were turned away.

Here's a riddle for you. What is mostly white with a few black spots and wonders around in the woods? Salem the Abominable Snow Spaniel. I wish I hadn't forgot my camera because by the time we left, Salem had snowballs hanging from every part of his body. He looked more like a small white lamb than a dog.

Alma, Salem and I are looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Dave
Dave

If a man says something in camp, and no woman is around to hear it...Is he still wrong?

Looneytoons
Teardrop Master

Postby Grumpeyyy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey everyone

I just wanted to say this is a real nice park. When we were there this past Sept. we saw a bunch of dear just up from the camp site. My brother took his grandson and they watched them for quite some time.
We were also there earlier in the summer and saw some turkeys.

Dave glad to see you are going to join us. This is a good bunch of people and you should enjoy yourself. As far as getting ideas for your build everyone at any of these gatherings is more than happy to share ideas. I have a manufactured trailer myself but it is going into my garage this weekend to start doing some modifications. We've had it for 21/2 years and now I want to change some stuff. Ken has built 2 trailers so he is a good person to get information from.

We sure are looking forward to another great camping season this year and look forward to meeting new friends and seeing old friends again. :thumbsup:

Gene and Patty
I was tired yesterday, I am tired again today, does that make me retired???????
Grumpeyyy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby keranmarie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Haven't been to this park since I was a kid. Can't wait to check out Pat and Ken's new TD. This event sounds like fun!

Karen and Mark

:applause:
keranmarie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby southpennrailroad » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 pm

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... k_camp.pdf

Here is the map. I haven't been here since a teenager. Thinking hard about this.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby Kens » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:45 am

Whats to think about ? You have Pittsburgh listed as home. Has to be but a short drive. Will be looking for you. Ken
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby Looneytoons » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Anything new happening? We have a site reserved but I haven't seen an update for a while.
Dave

If a man says something in camp, and no woman is around to hear it...Is he still wrong?

Looneytoons
Teardrop Master

Postby Kens » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:50 pm

HI Dave,
We were just wondering how your tear was coming along.
We have had a lot of people say that they were going to sign up but no one has let us know if they have.
Everything is still a go. I believe that we have 7 sure signed up right now. Will try and recruit more this weekend at Boogie in the Hills in Ohio.
Keep in touch
Ken & Pat
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Return to Northeast