Ithaca NY?

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Ithaca NY?

Postby deceiver » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:45 am

Never mind the following post.. I got the last site via a phone call and a cancelation.

I'm having trouble finding a campsite for one lousy night on Aug 7th. we're passing through and are stopping to visit my daughter in the Ithaca area at Cornell Univ. Campsites are either booked solid or when I reserve they say 2 night minimum and that is for the one $40/night place. The rest of the week is wide open at most places but Saturday the 7th is coveted.

Anyone know of a decent boondocking place? I have a little guy tear.
Conform and be dull.
deceiver
The 300 Club

Postby mary and bob » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:24 pm

So what campground did you get into?? We have been into one campground there just to look it over. When our son was at Cornell, we stayed with him.
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby deceiver » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:19 am

Robert H Treman. We called and I guess there was a cancellation. Actually my daughter called. Probably the only campsite available in a half dozen camping areas in the vicinity on a Saturday.

We'll be continuing in a very long/large cross country loop from that point. I hope we don't find similar issues. I think we'd better find a campsite for Fridays and park till Sunday just to be able to get something!
Conform and be dull.
deceiver
The 300 Club

Postby kirkman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:32 pm

I wish I had known you where coming through town earlier in the week I would have booked you a sight. I live not to far from the park or you could have camped in my drive way. But alas it is to late and I too will be out of town now. Maby next time !
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." -- Dalai Lama XIV
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Northeast