Another DMV question

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Another DMV question

Postby hopefully » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:35 am

Hello,

Since I bought a TD out of state I have to pay sales tax, register and get tags for it in my home state.

How does that work? Can I go to any RV dealer with my title and bill of sale or do I have to go to the DMV? Anyone have any recommendations in the Pittsburgh area?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. This weekend will be my only day off for the next three weeks so I am really hoping to get it done tomorrow.

:)
hopefully
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GuitarPhotog » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:42 am

If you belong to AAA, they can handle the transaction for you and collect the state tax :(

Here in Northern Calif, AAA has started putting branches in Lucky supermarkets, so I was able to transfer my TD registration and buy groceries in one stop.

<Chas>
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby stevem50 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:55 pm

tag it in maine, no inspection, and $21 total cost. there is a thread here somewhere. its all done via mail, and a heck of a lot cheaper
stevem50
Teardrop Master

Return to Northeast