Old Dominion Tearjerkers Shenandoah Summer Fun July 8-10 '11

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Postby wanders » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:25 pm

eaglesdare wrote:i just made ressies starting tonight. just got a load of laundry to do and we'll be on the road. we have site 48. she said all the other sites are booked. so we will be off a bit, but we will be there.

is there a list or something for what everyone is bringing to the potluck? i have no idea what to bring.

are there grills right at each site? i need to know what to bring from home.

Hi Louella,

Delighted you can make it. Look forward to meeting you.

There are not grills at the sites. What they have are truck rims for firepits. We will bring charcoal and we bring an old oven rack to put on top.

We are bringing baked beans to share along with ribs. The idea is bring your own meat, and a side or dessert to share. Hope this helps. Maybe you are already at the campground??

You can call us on 540-885-2148 if you need us.

Wally & Cathi
Wally & Cathi

Director- Old Dominion Tearjerkers

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby the other side » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm bringing mac salad and cole slaw! If I can figure out how to transport a dessert I will bring one too. Something always happens before I go camping. I am (as usual) behind in packing, so I guess I'll end up stuffing EVERYTHING in the car tomorrow (as usual) :roll: :lol: Can't wait to meet you all and see all of the teardrops!!!
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby wanders » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:19 am

Whatever you do, bring your rain gear! Looks like lots of rain this evening.
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Gathering photos

Postby wanders » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:33 pm

We had a great time meeting new folks and catching up with old friends.
Rain Friday evening, but great weather the rest of the time.

Thanks to everyone who came out and made it a success

:applause:

Photos are here. http://olddominiontearjerkers.shutterfly.com/pictures

If you have photos you like to share, e mail them to me and I will add them. ( I think you may be able to upload them yourself, but as yet, I haven't figured out how to....

Please let us know you got home safely.
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby kiblerk » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Sam and I have made it home safely. Such a long trip from!!! :lol: We really had a great time meeting some new folks, Lisa & Amber and Luella and all her kids. It is always great seeing faces we have met along the way and getting to reconnect. Wally, I am putting pictures on Shutterfly as we speak. I look forward to our next gathering!!!

Kay
kiblerk
Teardrop Builder

Postby eaglesdare » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:14 pm

we are home also. cut 15 minutes or so off of our time. we did not hit any traffic.
so glad to see a familiar face and loved meeting all the new folks. we all had a fantastic time.

the girls are trying really hard to talk rick into going again soon.

i haven't uploaded any pics yet.

thanks for having us.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby the other side » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:34 am

What a nice time! Too bad it couldn't be longer. The weather was on our side. My Tearjerker sticker is already on my tear! I had to pull over at a grocery store cuz the ants were back. I killed them (hopefullly permanently). I was having such a nice time I didn't take pictures (thank God for those who did so I can enjoy them). We should do this way more often cuz we already miss our new friends. This was our first time ever seeing another teardrop in person (besides our own)! AWESOME!!! Really good picture of Kay and her fur baby in the water!

Lori and Amber
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby the other side » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:26 am

Hey Wally... After you left we saw the "Shasta" that that couple had (the ones that took the group pictures for us). Their Shasta was a drive in one. We also saw a Scotty leaving, but there was another one back there that I didn't get a good look at. I thought that one was the Shasta that that couple had. :?

Anyone going camping again before the September trip to Virginia Beach? If so, and you don't mind if we join you, let me know where and when... I'm always wanting to go camping!!! :)
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby Ned B » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:21 pm

'missed em by ' ' that much'....
found the campground... went in to pay my 'use fee' and the nice lady said y'all had already checked out... maybe I'll catch up with y'all at the Beach in the fall! Hope you had a great time!
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby wanders » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:44 am

Ned B wrote:'missed em by ' ' that much'....
found the campground... went in to pay my 'use fee' and the nice lady said y'all had already checked out... maybe I'll catch up with y'all at the Beach in the fall! Hope you had a great time!

Darn! Hope to see you at the beach....
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Northeast