Old Dominion Tearjerkers Fall Beach Party 9/30-10/2

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Old Dominion Tearjerkers Fall Beach Party 9/30-10/2

Postby wanders » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Let's see if we can make this a fun finale to the season!

This is the weekend of the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival. The Neptune Festival features live music, an arts and crafts show, a good parade, and the North American Sand Sculpting Championship. Info on the festival is here:
http://www.neptunefestival.com/events/boardwalk-weekend/13

The location is Holiday TRAV-L-PARK, 1075 General Booth Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA. 23451; 866-849-8860. They are holding sites for our group . Our contact at the campground is June LeBeau.

Management at the campground would like reservations by August 20th, so don't delay.

Be sure to let them know you are with Tearjerkers, so we stay together and get the discounted rate.

We get a group discount making the rate $34.85 plus $6.15 tax = $39.38 per site. The number for the campground is 866-849-8860.

Plan on a potluck Saturday night. Cathi and I will have our little gas grill with us, but space is limited, so if you have a portable grill, please bring it along.

Check out this web site for map of campground and other info:
http://www.campingvb.com/

The campground is not on the beach, but it is very close, and best of all, the campgound has free parking at 9th and Pacific. (If you've ever tried parking at VA Beach, you'll appreciate it!)

Cathi and I will bring extra boogie boards for those who want to ride the wild surf!

Please post, PM or e-mail to let us know if you are coming
Last edited by wanders on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wally & Cathi

Director- Old Dominion Tearjerkers

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby the other side » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:52 pm

I'm interested!!! Are you still going and how many are going so far?
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby wanders » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 pm

the other side wrote:I'm interested!!! Are you still going and how many are going so far?

Yes, we are going. So far us and you if you come, Keep in mind I posted this yesterday, so it's early in the game....
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby the other side » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:13 am

Ok great... Usually I am rushing at the last minute for EVERYTHING I do! What a change for me to have caught this notice the day after you posted it!
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby wanders » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:24 pm

the other side wrote:Ok great... Usually I am rushing at the last minute for EVERYTHING I do! What a change for me to have caught this notice the day after you posted it!

Look forward to seeing you. Where are you from in MD?
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby the other side » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:51 am

I'm from Southern Maryland. I'm by Patuxent River Naval Air Station in St. Mary's County. Across the bridge from Solomons Island. We are going to try to go on both camping trips with you all.

I used to do tent camping then we got a 25 ft. TT. After we realized one of our daughters was not going to be able to go camping anymore my other daughter and I bought a tear. It is easier for me to handle by myself and is really all we need. My husband stays home and babysits the one daughter that can't camp anymore and my other daughter and I go camping. We don't get to do much, usually, because the one daughter has a LOT of medical problems and spends long periods of time in the hospital. But, every time we get the chance we go camping.

I might add that we are very inexperienced teardrop owners! I am still trying to learn to back the tear up. I had no problem backing the 25ft TT, but the tear wants to turn on a dime. I am getting a little better at backing straight back, but to back in while making a turn is a little hard for me still. So if we get to go with you all you can either help me park or sit back and laugh (I have no problem if you want to just watch the show). Either way is good for me, I either practice backing or get settled in faster! My over packing all of the time is another problem. Maybe you all can give me some pointers!

Is there any places around the camp ground in case we forget something?
:lol: ;)
the other side
The 300 Club

Postby wanders » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:26 pm

the other side wrote:I'm from Southern Maryland. I'm by Patuxent River Naval Air Station in St. Mary's County. Across the bridge from Solomons Island. We are going to try to go on both camping trips with you all.

I used to do tent camping then we got a 25 ft. TT. After we realized one of our daughters was not going to be able to go camping anymore my other daughter and I bought a tear. It is easier for me to handle by myself and is really all we need. My husband stays home and babysits the one daughter that can't camp anymore and my other daughter and I go camping. We don't get to do much, usually, because the one daughter has a LOT of medical problems and spends long periods of time in the hospital. But, every time we get the chance we go camping.

I might add that we are very inexperienced teardrop owners! I am still trying to learn to back the tear up. I had no problem backing the 25ft TT, but the tear wants to turn on a dime. I am getting a little better at backing straight back, but to back in while making a turn is a little hard for me still. So if we get to go with you all you can either help me park or sit back and laugh (I have no problem if you want to just watch the show). Either way is good for me, I either practice backing or get settled in faster! My over packing all of the time is another problem. Maybe you all can give me some pointers!

Is there any places around the camp ground in case we forget something?
:lol: ;)

I've found it easiest to unhook the trailer to get into really tight spots.

There is lots of shopping nearby for forgotten things...
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Get those reservations in..

Postby wanders » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Getting closer... :applause:
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby wanders » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Come on folks
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby kiblerk » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 pm

wally, just made my reservation for the neptune festival weekend! :) i'm going down on thursday. can't wait!!!!! ;)
kiblerk
Teardrop Builder

Postby wanders » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:56 pm

kiblerk wrote:wally, just made my reservation for the neptune festival weekend! :) i'm going down on thursday. can't wait!!!!! ;)

YAY KAY!! Cathi and I will be coming Friday evening.
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby wanders » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:26 am

Cathi and I will not make it to this one. I have a medical issue that cropped up. Doc says to stick close to home.

I am NOT happy.

Wally
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby Spotman » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:48 pm

Sorry Wally, hope all is well. Know how you feel about missing this one, I am still under the weather some what myself and so much going on at home. Was gonna stop by sometime this weekend to say Hi anyway. Hope all that made reservations have a great time, lots to do and see.

Bob & MaryBeth
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby wanders » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Spotman wrote:Sorry Wally, hope all is well. Know how you feel about missing this one, I am still under the weather some what myself and so much going on at home. Was gonna stop by sometime this weekend to say Hi anyway. Hope all that made reservations have a great time, lots to do and see.

Bob & MaryBeth

Still awaiting more test results and appointments. Yech!

More to the point how are you?
Wally & Cathi

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby Spotman » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:10 am

:? Got my heart back into normal rythm, with a slight de-fib?! Feeling tired most of the time, need to go camping, but so much happening at home and work. Keep us posted on your condition too, thanks for asking.

Bob
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Next

Return to Northeast