2011 NYS tearJerkers Fall Teardown at Nicks Lake SP

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Postby geartow » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:19 pm

It was nice to see and meet the few that where here today. But the weather was terrible just got back home to syracuse temp was 39 in old forge 45 here ,on car thermometer . stay warm tonite.
geartow
Teardrop Inspector

nicks lake

Postby mary and bob » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:46 pm

no snow, it wsnt THAT cold, highly recomend the screen house and little buddy heater Bob and i had, really kept us warm, we left about 11;00 but when we got home and i was unpacking the car I had help, a small grey mouse, cute as hell was in the car, thank god it didnt run up our pant legs while we were driving, i picked up a box of wood and we figure he must have been in there, he had quite a long ride, we stopped for lunch and of course left him in there not knowing he was there only us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ray we saw you at the resturant in utica but didnt want to stop and interfere with your sale, we looked all the way home as it would have come the same way as us but didnt see it, should we have, did you sell it?
anyways had a good time and everyone have a great winter and see you all in june or before if ricks comes up with a plan
mary and bob
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby Finntec » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:57 pm

I was great seeing everyone who made it. We missed those who didn't. Definitely talked about those who left early! ;) Some cool new trailers this weekend! Yes it was chilly & wet, but that's fall camping in the 'dacks. 32F this morning and 52F at home. Stacy still lit the wood stove when she got home. Cozy!

The kids (1st Tearjerker outing) are eager to help with the new build now that the TD & Scamp have new owners. They had fun, and want to go camping next week too. I told them the new camper will not be ready 'til spring. Mary, perhaps we'll commission a quilt blanket?

After selling the Scamp I went right to HF to get a dolly with the new owner. Not that you need one, but its nice to have. He liked towing it and it looked good behind his SUV.

Maybe we'll have a winter gathering at the Old Forge Kamping Resort and get Kabins, have dinner out together and see a movie? Or make a giant bonfire and eat lots of s'mores and warm drinks.

Today was a dry sunny day... of course it would be. I hope everyone has a great winter. Spring seems so far away. See you online.

:campfire:
Former owner of a '05 Homebuilt TD & '87 Scamp
2012 Home built 10' Teardrop.
Finntec
The 300 Club

Postby bohemian » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:54 pm

I agree with Ray, It was great to see all who made it.
Thanks to all.
Saturday night fire was a lot of fun. Thank to those who left the firewood. And a special thanks to Albert and Kim for allowing us to share their fire and hospitality. Loved the peach/apple cobbler.
Ed and Becky you had a nice fire to.. Just wish we could have made it there earlier.
Bob we will be ordering up one of those little buddy heaters for our next time out.
Mary, Thanks again for the cake, That was such a nice thing for you to do.
My tummy is happy and full.
Ray congrats on the sale of your trailer. Good luck with your TD build.
Look forward to seeing you all in the spring. :thumbsup:
Wayne Lise and Morgan
bohemian
Donating Member

Postby ottawatd » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:03 am

We enjoyed another weekend in New york State.
The leaves were very nice.Had a great visit with our friends.
Had a great camp fire Saturday night. It was great that the wind gave us a break. Have a good winter and looking forward to the spring.
Albert and Kim
ottawatd
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Steve Frederick » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Sheesh! Phyll and I were sure that you guys would have had a nice sunny weekend, since we stayed home! :roll: :roll:
We really missed you guys!
Here's looking to the spring! :applause:
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby Rick Sheerin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks to all for coming this weekend! For those who missed it, the weather on Friday was beautiful, good friends, good fire and good drinks at Ed and Becky's site. :thumbsup: Oh and of course, Clare's delicious pudding shots! Saturday's weather, well, in a word, sucked! Rained all day with a steady wind and temps in the 30's. Can't blame anyone for bailing out Saturday night (including Di and I). To all those who toughed it out, I can't even begin to tell you how nice it was being in bed with the tv on and the reassuring sound of the furnace running as a steady stream of heat made it's way through the house! LOL :lol: :lol: It figures that this coming weekends forecast is for sunny skies with temps in the 70's! Any one want to go camping? :thinking:
Rick S
1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17ft

Careful with that Axe, Eugene
Rick Sheerin
500 Club

Postby Sparky » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Clare and I are weak had to run for home. Great time with good friends! Rick we are up for it where Green lakes,upcountry,selkirk? call us if you guys really want to go!
Sparky
Teardrop Builder

Postby Allen S » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:30 pm

We got home about 4pm yesterday, sunshine most of the way!!!! spent most of today drying things out for our trip to conn. this weekend. we had a great time, looking forward to seeing everyone in the spring. mary i heard the fine for moving critters is bigger than for moving wood :lol:
Leslie & Allen
Allen S
Teardrop Inspector

Postby boomer » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Not ashamed that we left early....cold we can deal with but that rain & wind with the cold was just down right miserable, no fun....as far as snow, it was listed as "possible" on the weather site & by the ranger...it was 34 in town when we left....

Thanks to Rick for setting this up, as usual....we did have a wonderful time on Friday night!! Clare, thanks for those yummy pudding shots & we love our little tear drop!!!

It really was great seeing everyone & we hope to see some of you -soon & others over the winter.....

Second time at Nick's Lake, second rainy weekend....maybe we will try to go in the summer next time :lol:
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby Kens » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:40 am

Boomer our weekend was the same in Ohio. 30s at night and 40s during the day with wind. We stayed but suffered. But in the long run it was good. Ken
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

nicks lake

Postby mary and bob » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Ken , we stayed at nicks lake, really didnt suffer much, had a mr. heater buddy in the screen room and took it in the camper to take the chill off, did alot of reading, almost read the help, a really good book, and albert had the hottest fire going sat that I have ever sat at, kept us real toasty and he and Kim made an apple peach cobbler in cast iron oven, which was really hot and really really good. miss you guys, hope to see you again sometime
mary
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby boomer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:53 am

This would have been a beautiful weekend for camping!!!
boomer
Teardrop Master

Postby Larry C » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:46 pm

boomer wrote:This would have been a beautiful weekend for camping!!!

My neighbor is heading there tomorrow morning with his TT It's supposed to 80 on Sunday!

Larry C
"If its worth doing it's worth doing Light"

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=35852
Larry C
500 Club

Postby Kens » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Boomer getting ready to head out not going to waste the good weather. Last trip for the Scotty then it goes under wraps. Ken
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Northeast