Shenandoah Summer Fun 2012

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Shenandoah Summer Fun 2012

Postby wanders » Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 am

It's that time again folks! Back to Verona for river tubing, fishing, hot tubs, tame bunnies and more...

Here are the details....

Friday July 6th through Sunday July 8 at the Shenandoah Valley Campground in Verona, VA. The campground has full facilities and is located on the Middle River, a Shenandoah tributary. The location is near the Junction of I81 and I 64 so will be very convenient. Their website is http://campingisfun.com/. We have 10 sites blocked out. 35-45.
If you have a reasonably fast Internet connection, be sure to check out the virtual tour. It’s pretty cool! There is even Karaoke and a DJ on weekends for those interested. They are not kidding about the tame rabbits!

The hot tubs are good too!

If you fish, bring your gear. There is a stocked pond on site, as well as good smallmouth bass fishing in the river itself.

There’s a lot to do in the surrounding area including wineries, walking tours of historic Staunton, theater, and hiking on the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is a supermarket close by for all the things you forgot to pack.

The rate is $38.00 per night for two people. Make your reservations EARLY as this place is quite popular and tends to fill up fast in peak season. When you reserve, let them know that you are with the Tearjerkers and the Andersons. That way they will keep us together. Call 1-800-310-2580 to reserve. The folks at the campground have blocked out 10 sites for us so we can all be together. All sites are along the river and have water and electricity.

Plan on a potluck dinner Saturday night.

Let’s get a good turnout! Please post, e mail or PM me when you register.

Cathi and I look forward to seeing y'all
Wally & Cathi

Director- Old Dominion Tearjerkers

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Re: Shenandoah Summer Fun 2012

Postby Jkester » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:43 am

Hey guys,
Sounds like a fun trip. We just started building our Tear so I'm thinking we wont be near finished by then but maybe we can catch the next one. My goal is to be done by September and just for added incentive my wife made reservations at Natural Bridge for the last weekend in Sept.

BTW, how'd we end up in the Northeast topic area?

James & Rhonda
Colonial Heights, VA
He who loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.
-- Proverbs 12:1

Our build journal is http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50670
Jkester
Teardrop Builder

Return to Northeast