Look what rolled into town....

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Look what rolled into town....

Postby RonS » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:26 pm

So, there's a local "car show" every (summer) Saturday evening here in Lewistown, PA. I rarely go, but my father (who passed away in March) used to go on a semi regular basis as he knew some of the guys. I didn't have anything to do tonight, and remembered one of Dad's friends from there telling me to stop by some time this summer, when he heard of Dad's passing, so I thought, why not? I headed out tonight. Jack (Dad's friend) was there, so I went over to his 1970 American Motors AMX and started talking to him. Conversation drifted, and I walked around the car as I noticed he had the trunk open. In the trunk was a picture of Dad's car, and 3 others. Along with a "In Loving Memory" note, listing the 4 "club members" who have passed on. Jack noticed me back there, and came back and we talked a bit more, then he took me around and introduced me to some others who knew Dad. I ended up sticking around longer than I had really expected or planned.

Thankfully, I did, because just as we were all getting ready to leave, this comes rolling into the lot.

From talking with the guy, he overhauled the car, and built the teardrop. I guess he couldn't find hubcaps he liked, so he welded a bar across each wheel, to give a point to mount a threaded stud in the center of each. Pop on a chrome air cleaner lid and you've got a unique set of hubcaps. Oh, and he told me the surfboard on the roof gets lots of use. ;)

Mount a piece of pipe to the fender, with a locking pin through it, and you have a great place to mount a beach umbrella to cover your door.

The galley even includes a swing out grill. The gentleman in the photo is the current owner.

I think we can all appreciate the address.

It has a nice tongue box for some additional storage space.

Another shot of the tow vehicle.

Can I afford rocket fuel? I haven't noticed it available at the pumps lately..... :D

Oh, did I mention that both the car and the tear are For Sale? Guy is from Bellefonte, PA if anyone's interested in either. His phone number is in the pic (and he knows I'm posting pictures). I don't know the guy, and don't have any "interest" in the sale. If anyone interested, contact him. If not, oh well I mostly just wanted to share the pictures, because I figured many here would at least appreciate seeing it. I know I enjoyed checking it out when he rolled into the lot. Maybe it'll inspire someone else's build.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
RonS
Teardrop Master

Return to Northeast