Is anybody in WV?

Northeast Region including New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Massachusetts & Connecticut - Tearjerkers founder Todd Brunengraber Also New England, New York State, Liberty Bell, and Potomac Basin Chapters of the TearJerkers

Is anybody in WV?

Postby mightypan42 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:40 pm

I'm just wondering. I think I saw one or two people here with WV locations, but I don't remember where I saw them.
Jimmy
mightypan42
Teardrop Advisor

Postby waywardson » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:57 pm

I was born and lived there 1955 - 1971

Returned for a year 1976 - 1977 (I think)

Returned again for 3 years 1992 - 1995 (I think)

Own some property there,

Have some family there, (majority of it )

george / waywardson
waywardson
Silver Donating Member

Postby twdarty » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:05 am

Yea, I'm here in almost heaven too. Harrisville, 20 minutes east of Parkersburg, in Ritchie county. Just finishing up on my teardrop, just in time for spring. I'm hoping to post some pictures soon. Would like to get with another teardrop owner & go camping. Can't wait to get it hooked on with her VW New Beetle with it & go. I do have a pretty good fan club that's just amazed with it. Terry
twdarty
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Joseph » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:30 am

I'm pretty close - Front Royal, VA. My family is from there a couple generations ago - Hampshire & Hardy Counties. (Grandpa was from Moorefield.) In fact, there used to be a town called Ruckman in Hampshire Co. Been there - beautiful country.

Joseph Ruckman
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Kens » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:58 am

I don't live there but I love the state. I really like the Blackwater Falls area it's near Davis WV.
Good day every day!
Kens
500 Club

Postby weasel » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:41 pm

I'm in Eleanor, and buildin' a '' Weekender' '' Hope to finish in a month or so.
weasel
Donating Member

Postby Jimbo » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:23 pm

I'm in WV every day. I live in KY but work in Huntington WV.
Started many, finished none... Bought a TTT <Sigh> ;)
Jimbo
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby MarksMG » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:22 am

I live just 20 minutes outside of Morgantown WV. I have a tear that is kinda like a BenRoy but I changed the profile a little bit. Have pics but need to resize them and get them put up.

Hey Joseph I do most of my camping near Elkins WV which is not far from Front Royal. :thumbsup:

Kens I was born and raised in the Davis area. Back in the days of the Blackwater 100 I camped there all the time when you could ride dirt bikes in Cannan Valley.
"Can we build it? Yes we can!" Bob The Builder
MarksMG
Teardrop Master

Postby twdarty » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:13 pm

Maybe we, (the hillbilly gang) & anyone else, can get together for a campout somewhere.. I'm interested. We have enough state parks, we should be able to get together at one. Let me know when & where. I'm planning on making my debut next month when I get on long break... Terry
twdarty
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mightypan42 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:01 pm

I'd be up for that even though I don't have a TD yet. It might give me a few ideas seeing some TDs in person :D
Jimmy
mightypan42
Teardrop Advisor

Postby MarksMG » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:26 am

That would be a great idea. I have been looking at going to Watoga State park for part of the week of July 4 th. I have other commitments thru Tuesday but plan on going on Wed and staying thru the weekend. I have never been there but hear that it is a really nice place. :thumbsup: Is anyone else interseted in it? Here is the link http://www.watoga.com/
MarksMG
Teardrop Master

Postby mightypan42 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:24 pm

Watoga would work great for me for that time period. Looks like I'm going to be working at Dilley's Mill this summer (Boy Scout camp), which is 15-20 miles away. I don't know when exactly I'd be able to be there, but if it's anything like last year, we'll get weekends pretty much free. I don't think I've ever stayed at Watoga... usually when I'm in that area, I stay at Dilley's Mill or Cass.

I'm going to be in the area roughly June 9 - July 16 :twisted:
Jimmy
mightypan42
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:29 pm

I live just outside of Morgantown, in Granville. I am currently in the middle of my build in a borrowed shop outside of Kingwood. I would love to go back to Watoga State Park, but I already have a prior commitment that week. The last time that I was there was about 3 months after the flood and about half of the park was still damaged and unusable. Hopefully :worship: I will be done soon and can catch you next time.

Tony
Helping to reduce morbidity and mortality on the highways and the byways.
Tony
Donating Member

Postby MarksMG » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:53 am

Tony, If you are building in Kingwood you come right by my place on your way there. I am only 7 miles outside of Kingwood on the Morgantown side on Rt. 92. I would like to see your tear. I have a piece of property on Shaffers Fork river just outside of Parsons that I camp on quite often as well as I camp at Stewart Park in Elkins. Maybe we can get together there sometime this summer. :thumbsup:
MarksMG
Teardrop Master

West by God Virginia

Postby crankshaft » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:01 pm

My sister was born in Freeman , Mercer County. I even lived in Bluefield, and in a coal mining town called Crane Creek. I still have relatives living along the Blue Stone River. Be U Tea Ful country. I haven't been back for over fifty years. Maybe some day.

Crankshaft
crankshaft
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to Northeast