Anybody want to go back to pinedale.

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: Anybody want to go back to pinedale.

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:06 am

I dont know if I can hold walk the winds this year. I been fighting the on going bad ecomey here in Wyoming fighting to get a trany rebuilt in my yellow ford focus with a in car rebuild of the reverse clutch finaly got the car together in January cured the tranny got the car to back up again and had to replace a mas air sensor..finaly cars moving like normal again so i am test driving it to see if it will stay running to look for a new job..and now battling to find doctors to renew my federal medical waiver to keep my cdl to drive truck..its been one thingy after another and I spent my cow check last fall to pay bills off...so thinking on a break this year unless like last year someone else wants to reserve the group site camp ground in pinedale for us...i am kinda fighting life's storms right now...thats,were I am currently at...slowcowboy..
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:11 am

It's like 75 bucks or 148 to reserve new forks for 3 days for the gathering..but I am strapped and everything is going to get back on my feet right now..hopefully this year...i am wanting change getting tired of the b.s. the last 4 years..slow.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:00 am

The yearly gathering in pinedale every summer has realky after 7 years of it since the summer of 2012 has really worked out for everyone.i have met life long freinds that come back every year they can..met a lot of new people and its been truly amazing exsperance..people enjoy the low key rocky moutains pure stress break smallish gathering that they like me get addicted and keep coming back year after year ..you get to lay around for 3 days in pine trees and do Zippo the campgrounds well hid off the beaten path so you don't even see cars driving by. its just so relaxing...truly gota thank everyone for the help out over the years making it happen and the people who choose to keep coming back and all my freinds from this gathering...again pinedale every summer has been really amazing and wink once I figured out were the fish were at the fishing is awsome!...slow..
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby lee senn » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:00 pm

SLO Lee and Norma here . We hope and pray things are going some better for you now . We would hate to miss out on Walk the Winds ! As the virus thing winds down (hopefully) and we can once again make plans Norma and I would be glad to take care of arrangements for the Winds . We would need some guidance from you as to how to go about dealing with the forestry people ... but fear not , if it can be done there will be a Walk the Winds in 2020 ! Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby capnTelescope » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:16 pm

lee senn wrote:We would need some guidance from you as to how to go about dealing with the forestry people ... but fear not , if it can be done there will be a Walk the Winds in 2020 ! Lee and Norma

Attaboy, Lee! :applause: Thanks for taking the bull by the horns and saving WTW. As the guy who did this last year, let me explain the simple process. Go to the website, reserve the group camp and pay the rent for Wednesday thru Sunday. (last year it was about $150) and Slow will take care of the rest. No need to try and over-organize the gathering, it's just a bunch of teardroppers taking a few days off. One evening, around the campfire, figure out what the per camper share is, and collect. Last year worked out to $10 each. You may or may not need some small bills to make change.

Hoping to make it again this year. See you all there.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby robfisher » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:15 pm

Has a date been secured yet? If not, and I can vote, then July 9-12 looks good for me. I can probably make that work or the next weekend. Let us know. I;d like to start planning.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:20 am

Can't do much with crona right now rob hole states shut down. But the governors starting to think about re-opening it back up he's moving really caustas and not rushing it yet its a 14 day quartereen so far in a hotel room when you get here for any one outside of wyoming.but it sounds like the camp grounds will be the first to re-open up..so I am actually on the forum today while I am at the laundry mat washing my family's clothes as my mom's locked down at home as she's age 80 and I am on the forum thinking and brain storming how to salvage the summer and get us a gathering going still..nothings reserved yet I gave up in March when crona hit. Wandering if i can just pick a date in a normal first come no reseve camp ground any were and who ever can make it on a weekend shows up.like Liz and Martin set things up in Colorado and you all try to grab a spot near every one...slow
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby lee senn » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:29 pm

Now that slo is back in the picture Norma and i will bow out . See ya where ever and when ever the gathering happens . Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Previous

Return to North Central