Kansas - Crawford State Park 2010 - Sept 24-26

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Nathan N » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:13 am

caseydog wrote:This gathering is the same weekend as a SC gathering. I think that happened last year, too. Kansas is close enough for some of us to get to, but people close enough for both gatherings have to choose between them.

Our gathering for that weekend is near Dallas, so it's not close for NC campers. But, the Okies are right in between.

I really don't know if it would make a lot of difference, or not, but maybe we should try not to schedule gatherings on the same weekends when the location is close to two regions. It is entirely possible that, even if we choose two separate weekends, people will not be able to do both gatherings in one month, anyway. Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm not trying to be negative. Just offering some food for thought.

CD

Ok, I'll bite.

Victor Star: Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:28 am Post subject: Kansas - Crawford State Park 2010 - Help choose the date!

WoodyPerk: Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:59 pm Post subject: Loyd Park -- Joe Pool Lake 9-24 & 9-25, 2010

That said I agree in part with both you and Miriam. Texas is too far for me to drive for weekend. However for those in Oklahoma or others willing to travel that far it does put them in a position having to choose.

Oh, and Crawford is a great group area. I'm still searching for something close in the Missouri State Park system - I don't think there are any.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:36 am

Nathan N wrote:
caseydog wrote:This gathering is the same weekend as a SC gathering. I think that happened last year, too. Kansas is close enough for some of us to get to, but people close enough for both gatherings have to choose between them.

Our gathering for that weekend is near Dallas, so it's not close for NC campers. But, the Okies are right in between.

I really don't know if it would make a lot of difference, or not, but maybe we should try not to schedule gatherings on the same weekends when the location is close to two regions. It is entirely possible that, even if we choose two separate weekends, people will not be able to do both gatherings in one month, anyway. Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm not trying to be negative. Just offering some food for thought.

CD

Ok, I'll bite.

Victor Star: Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:28 am Post subject: Kansas - Crawford State Park 2010 - Help choose the date!

WoodyPerk: Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:59 pm Post subject: Loyd Park -- Joe Pool Lake 9-24 & 9-25, 2010

That said I agree in part with both you and Miriam. Texas is too far for me to drive for weekend. However for those in Oklahoma or others willing to travel that far it does put them in a position having to choose.

Oh, and Crawford is a great group area. I'm still searching for something close in the Missouri State Park system - I don't think there are any.

Very true! I think it would be awful if we asked Woody to cancel his gathering so I guess the only solution is for the North Central to schedule where and when it suits the group and leave it to individuals to choose where they can travel.

Nathan I am looking for MO places equal too. Crawford has been a long favorite of mine. Stockton has a group area as do most but I have not gotten up there to check it out.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Crawford gathering

Postby queeniejeanne » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:24 am

CD, we love you. Woody we love you. Jewel has already said some places are too far for her to come. We are just trying to allow the more northern Teardrops to meet up with us. I am sure since Victor Star started this year's gathering last year that we win.....having said that. We do have Linda's Beaver Bend which is a long drive for all of us but we go. Long drive for you all and you come......This is, to me, another reason to have a Mid Central division. Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri. Again any takers? Victor Star has spoke to this at large at many gatherings. Yes maybe we can monitor better, but I'm not the one doing any of the arrangements, they are to be patted on the back, commended, crowned, and given lots of booze. That's Queenie's 8 cents worth in this conversation.
Hey see some of you soon! Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Darren » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 am

Well with all the regional gatherings I don't see how we can accommodate everyone. Most of us are unable to go camping every weekend and have to pick and choose how and where we spend our free time and money. If I changed Crawford to a different weekend i really doubt than attendance would change any, I know it wouldn't change my list of gatherings. Both of the gatherings mentioned are way to far for me to travel for a weekend outing.

Sorry if anyone wants to come but can't because of the date. Unless the masses say so the date will stay the same.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby Nathan N » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:11 pm

It is a balancing act trying to find a weekend that doesn't conflict with holidays or other gatherings. I ran into that when figuring out when to try hosting Pershing in April.

Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, July 4, Labor Day as well as the inevitable birthdays, weddings, anniversaries.... Throw in bordering group's gatherings and it becomes quite a chore. Scheduling against a larger popular gathering isn't wise. Back to back weekends aren't possible for many to attend. So we do the best we can.

My 2cents would be leave the dates alone. Folks will have to make a decision if they are pulled in both directions.

Miriam, I'm not sure of the rules for the "group areas" are. I think in some parks it is bunkhouses, chowhall, etc. They require a minimum number of campers at so much a head. Other parks are walkin group sites for scout tents. I'm still looking for a Crawford-like group site.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby Cynda & Steve » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:53 pm

The dates look good! :applause: We might be able to come out for that one!!
Cynda & Steve
Teardrop Advisor

Postby FinsUp » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 am

I'd really like to make this. Won't have a trailer though. We are tent camping out of the Jeep still.
As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man,
I have chalked up many a mile.
Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks,
And I've learned much from both of their styles.
FinsUp
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 pm

FinsUp wrote:I'd really like to make this. Won't have a trailer though. We are tent camping out of the Jeep still.

:thumbsup: Crawford has lots of room for tents too. Just pick a grassy spot and put her up! :thumbsup:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Darren » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Thought I'd post this here to see how much interest there is on a caravan to Chicken Annie's again this year. We might need to call ahead.

(copied from another post)
I'm sure everyone that's camped with me has heard about Chicken Annie's. I even talked a group of campers into going there last year during the Crawford State Park gathering. :lol: Anyway Annie's has been a family tradition since before anyone can remember.

This Tuesday a new show on The Travel Channel called food wars is showing Chicken Annie's and Chicken Mary's which is right down the road. They have taste tests to see which is better.

I'm planning on going to the Girard, Kansas Chicken Annie's again this year at the Crawford gathering. Anyone that wants to can come along. I'll be going that Friday, Sept 24th 2010.

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/F ... H-tdohp2KT
Darren

Postby SmokeyBob » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Hello North Central. :shake hands:

Judith and I thought we might try and make it to the Crawford State Park gathering. I have some work to do on our camper and if the old Buick is still running we should make it. Looking forward to meeting some new friends and some old one's.
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:51 pm

:thumbsup: Hey Judith and Bob you will love Crawford.... Look forward to seeing you. Perhaps you can come To Clinton if we go there too. Not all that far for you! :thumbsup:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby SmokeyBob » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:29 am

Miriam C. wrote::thumbsup: Hey Judith and Bob you will love Crawford.... Look forward to seeing you. Perhaps you can come To Clinton if we go there too. Not all that far for you! :thumbsup:

Hi Miriam
Haven't seen you in a while. Last time I was at Clinton lake was about 32 years ago. It was a new lake and they were just in the process of filling it. I wounder what it looks like now. Anyway we will enjoy seeing you all again at Crawford.
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Darren » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:21 am

Looking forward to seeing you and Judith again. Clinton has changed a little since then Bob. I was there when the lake was still filling up also, man that was a long time ago. :lol:
Darren

Postby SmokeyBob » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 am

Victor Star wrote:Looking forward to seeing you and Judith again. Clinton has changed a little since then Bob. I was there when the lake was still filling up also, man that was a long time ago. :lol:

I'm not sure what the lake level was at that time. I do remember there were a lot of trees still up in the lake. We broke a sheer pin on the boat motor, no spare. Had to row back to the dock. That was a long day.
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby okiecamper » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:46 pm

would like to make that one!!

got it on the calendar

Phil
there are many storms in life that come our way
the trick is learning to "dance in the rain."

May the apple of your eye see only good
May God make smooth the path before you.
okiecamper
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North Central