Kansas - Crawford State Park 2009 - September 18th and 19th.

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Well, Looks like we will be there too!

Postby toys4tj » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:41 pm

We have not posted here in a long while.. Our Tear is all done except the kitchen. We took her on the "trial run" to the MO State fair for a night... (not real camping in my opinion) This past weekend & need to do a few things. Although it was really a great test!
We are looking forward to doing some real teardrop camping!! :thumbsup:
We will be watching the posts.

One thing... the 19th & 20th... So are we reserved for Friday night & Saturday night? Not sure if Todd can get out of work early on Friday... We may have off Monday instead... wonder if it is possible to stay Sunday night?

Jenni
toys4tj
Teardrop Builder

Postby Darren » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:47 am

Hi Jenni,

Yes we have Friday and Saturday reserved. You could stay Sunday night but you would probably have to move to a regular campground.

Darren
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby toys4tj » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:53 am

Thanks Darren.

Is anyone bringing kids?
toys4tj
Teardrop Builder

Postby reo-ron » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:37 am

Most of us ol' farts have 4 legged "kids" or none. But to two legged model are fully acceptable. Bring um on.
Ron
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:29 pm

toys4tj wrote:Thanks Darren.

Is anyone bringing kids?

We are probably going to bring a couple of teenagers......... :? :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby corncountry » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:55 am

Hi, Everyone,

Is there room for one more TD? We are from S.E. Iowa. We are going to Branson Mo. and Mtn. Home Arkansas that week, dosen"t look like Crawford State Park is too far from our destinations.

Jim & Diane..
corncountry
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:32 am

We will always make room for new friends ... we are a fun group and you will be glad you came. From Branson, you will only be about 2 hours away. Gary and I will be fixing Dutch Oven breakfast Saturday morning ... plus we will have a group pot luck Saturday night. This is a beautiful campground ... its in a circle around a group firepit ... plus the shelter house overlooks a beautiful lake. Its a great way to start out the fall camping schedule (most of us are anxiously awaiting October for LCG to get here .. but Crawford is a great starting point). Trudy (Mrs. Rayvillian)
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Re: One More

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 am

NebraskaTeachr wrote:I am thinking of coming down there too. It will depend on travel funding at the time.

Tim

Quit thinking and start doing !!! Play hookey from school, and come on down !!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:13 am

corncountry wrote:Hi, Everyone,

Is there room for one more TD? We are from S.E. Iowa. We are going to Branson Mo. and Mtn. Home Arkansas that week, dosen"t look like Crawford State Park is too far from our destinations.

Jim & Diane..

Hey Jim & Diane.... come on over and join us ! This is a group camp , so for $100 a night for however many we have makes it not only merrier, but cheaper! I'm pretty sure the park said no problem on doubling up or whatever... there's lots of grassy areas for tents and kiddos.

I actually have a horseshoe set that an older neighbor gave me and I've never used it. I'll plan on bringing it. I have decided to bike Route 66 in the MS Bike run which is the next weekend, so I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing my bike so I can do 30 or more miles, even if I have to go in town or something.
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Bodyman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Jim & Diane
The South Central Group have great gatherings. I have camped with several of those attending for the last three years at the Beavers Bend Gathering. By all means you should attend if in the area. They actually make us Northerners feel welcome :lol:
Also, I stayed at Crawford on one of my trips south. Nice park but kinda chilly when I go in March.
Later
Randy
Last edited by Bodyman on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Postby queeniejeanne » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm

Julie, good luck in the MS bike ride...have you recovered fully from your fall at Ft Gibson? Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:25 pm

queeniejeanne wrote:Julie, good luck in the MS bike ride...have you recovered fully from your fall at Ft Gibson? Queenie Jeanne

Yes pretty much, my upper arm muscles is a little sore sometimes or tendinitis or such... I've been riding just about every day, Monday night did 19 miles with a group in town, and tonite did 21.5 miles with part of a group around Draper Lake... whew! A couple of steep hills just about killed me , but I survived!!!

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby corncountry » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:29 am

Hi, Everyone
Thanks for the welcome. Count us in. We are new to TD camping, our first trip in the TD was to Minden. We probably met some of you there.
We had to postpone ...untill next year... our western trip, couldn't find two weeks of free time.

Jim & Diane
corncountry
Donating Member

Sounds good!

Postby toys4tj » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:12 pm

We will be bringing our little guy... he is SO excited to do Real Camping!
We are looking forward to it :thumbsup:
toys4tj
Teardrop Builder

Postby Mrs Rayvillian » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Boy, sounds like we have ourselves a nice size gathering. Will give me practice getting ready for LCG !! Had shoulder surgery last week ... so ready to put the arm to a test. We are going to have a potluck on Saturday night arent we?
Mrs Rayvillian
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to North Central