Dec. Camping in Missouri

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Dec. Camping in Missouri

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:31 pm

I thought I would post this since it is running hot in the SC section too. Ideas and interest are welcome.

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... 564#242564

Basically right now we have Nevada and Ft. Scott and both look really good.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Rich S » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:40 am

I have been trying to post on the south central for several days.
Maybe they banned me?
Nevada will be fine with Mary and I. All we need is a shower house and electric.
Rich :)
Rich S
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:07 am

Thats great Rich. I am hoping to run to Nevada this week end and IF I can get my tow plug to work we might stay the night.

I will look at FT Scott also. It is actually in town so it might not be too good. I will get some pictures too.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:53 am

Hey all, I called a bunch of places and this one sounds the most accommodating. They are real excited about having us as a group. The Owner says they can let us use the club house FREE and they showers/bathrooms are heated and recently remodeled.

They camp a lot and have even been to Minden.

As much as I would love to go to Silver Dollar City I can't even get a call back from them. Oh and they have miniature golf. Ft Scott and Precious Moments are both less than 30 minutes away too.

Anyone in Image

Ft. Scott doesn't have showers or water after Nov. 1.

New: :o Ok how about Friday, 30th, Sat. 1 and leave on Sunday the 2. That will give Del time to get down and not interfere with the Texas gathering on the next weekend. I will go up on Friday and Mike is taking off a half day too.

See ya there.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:40 pm

Ok I went and took pictures of three campgrounds on I-71 and took pictures. Here is the review.

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... 136#270136
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:55 pm

Rich S wrote:I have been trying to post on the south central for several days.
Maybe they banned me?
Nevada will be fine with Mary and I. All we need is a shower house and electric.
Rich :)

Just in case the SC isn't letting you post still. Welcome to the party. Nevada it is for the 30th and the 1 st of December. I think we are doing chili for dinner Saturday. Someone wants to warm up the trailers. :roll:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby lwbittle » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:16 pm

Miriam C. wrote:Hey all, I called a bunch of places and this one sounds the most accommodating. They are real excited about having us as a group. The Owner says they can let us use the club house FREE and they showers/bathrooms are heated and recently remodeled.

They camp a lot and have even been to Minden.

As much as I would love to go to Silver Dollar City I can't even get a call back from them. Oh and they have miniature golf. Ft Scott and Precious Moments are both less than 30 minutes away too.

Anyone in Image

Ft. Scott doesn't have showers or water after Nov. 1.

New: :o Ok how about Friday, 30th, Sat. 1 and leave on Sunday the 2. That will give Del time to get down and not interfere with the Texas gathering on the next weekend. I will go up on Friday and Mike is taking off a half day too.

See ya there.

Sounds like fun. We just got home from our first big outing in our homemade tear and and had a great time. I think we were out for about 18 days and traveled about 2000 miles through rain(not a drop inside) and cool weather. Really had a ball so think we are ready for more. We went places that our 5th would not fit.....

The Nevada gathering sounds good and if it is not devilishly cold, would like to give it a try. What if anything do we need to know or do?

Fill us in.

Wayne and Judy
Nothing is ever simple.....
lwbittle
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:01 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: That is so great. We have the use of the club house so unless it does one of "THOSE" things we can do we are good. If you look at the South Central thread you will see more people signed up there. I think it was posted there first.

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=18050
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Well, here goes....

Postby lwbittle » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:33 pm

Judy and I talked it over and if.... you can guarantee that it does not snow and the temperature does not get below 20 deg. F or so and........ :snow

We are getting the BedBug ready! I put some 3/4 inch foam insulation on the floor and made some additions since our trip in October so.....

If there is room and no one laughs at my self engineered tumble bug, we will limp over from Wichita......

:x

Nothing is ever simple :vroom:
lwbittle
Teardrop Builder

Re: Well, here goes....

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:58 pm

lwbittle wrote:Judy and I talked it over and if.... you can guarantee that it does not snow and the temperature does not get below 20 deg. F or so and........ :snow

We are getting the BedBug ready! I put some 3/4 inch foam insulation on the floor and made some additions since our trip in October so.....

If there is room and no one laughs at my self engineered tumble bug, we will limp over from Wichita......

:x

Nothing is ever simple :vroom:

Son, if it gets that cold we aint going either. I know we get some weird weather over here and we are hoping for a mini-global warming. Don't want anyone injured traveling in one of our nasty ice storms either. :thumbsup: Welcome aboard. Trudy has a list going in the South Central forum so I will add your names. :thumbsup:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:36 pm

Oh come on guys 20 degrees ain't that bad. We'd slept in the Little Guy down in the teens without heat. Come to think of it we were in the Warrior last spring when the April freeze hit and enjoyed that too.
The only thing that will keep away is an ice storm.
Gary and Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby lwbittle » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:49 pm

RAYVILLIAN wrote:Oh come on guys 20 degrees ain't that bad. We'd slept in the Little Guy down in the teens without heat. Come to think of it we were in the Warrior last spring when the April freeze hit and enjoyed that too.
The only thing that will keep away is an ice storm.
Gary and Trudy

It's not sleeping that is the problem..... It is getting up and going outside in the morning that bothers my old bones. Brrrr. You gotta remember that I am switching from a big comfortable 5th wheel to a little tear..... Hmmm. you don't suppose it would be cricket to bring the 5th.... No, I don't suppose so...
lwbittle
Teardrop Builder

Return to North Central