Nifty Fifty Celebration In Kansas

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Nifty Fifty Celebration In Kansas

Postby pauld3 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:17 pm

It was suggested I post this in North Central Region...so here it is. I hope you can come celebrate my 50th birthday celebration at Scott Lake, Kansas.

Here is all the information I have gathered so far.

Here is a 5 state map to get you there:

Here is a map of the lake and where the camp site is...we are in the circle drive campground.
For a better version of the map, go to this web site and click on the green words "Scott SP" under the map of Kansas. http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/state_parks/locations/scott

Note: You HAVE to come in to Scott Lake at the South Entrance on 95, if you come in the East entrance, you cannot get to the camp grounds because the road is closed until October.

Here is a layout of the campsite. Paul and I are in #6.

To make your reservation, call Patsy (she's real nice) at 620-872-2061 or e-mail her at [email protected]

The cost is $10.50 for the reservation and $19.00 a night which includes $8.50 daily camping permit, $10.50 Utility fee (water and electricity) and there is a $4.20 daily vehicle permit unless you have a state park permit thingy. Campsites 1 - 15 are by reservation only. 17-42 are first come first serve and there is a primitive area across the street from 1-15 and next to the restrooms if you prefer that...I don't know the cost of the primitive area.

HOWEVER, I am hoping we will all be in 1-15 so that we'll all be togther.

Now, there are some state park rules!
1. Dogs have to be on leashes.
2. Alcohol is allowed but it has to be 3.2 (If you mix enough margarita mix to tequila doesn't it bring it's alcohol content down to 3.2. I talked to the camp host (Davidette) (That's really her name!) She said that as long as you are not flaunting the alcohol and you are not causing a ruckus, you can get away with what ever. So Julie and Pam and I cannot dance on the picnic tables and shout out "Oh God, I'm so drunk!!!" Right? :lol:
3. Don't be too loud
and last but not least, my own rule:
4. Have fun!

The celebration agenda is on the invitation so here it is again:

So...I hope a lot of you can come. So far I show about 10 people are coming and I'm so excited. This is definately going to help me get through this terrible number!!! I love birthdays ... but this one has a terrible sounding number associated with it...I don't want to grow up!!! :cry: I remember when my Grandmother was 50 and I'm not nearly THAT old!!! :cry:
Thank you everybody who plans to come!
Lynn
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Return to North Central