Mid Mo---pictures added

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Mid Mo---pictures added

Postby Rich S » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:24 pm

Mary and I checked out Lake Ozark SP the other day. How does it look for a gathering in late Feb? The park has electric sites and a large vault toilet open year round. There is also water at the entrance.
If you go to Lake Ozark website you can see the area I am thinking about. It is section#4.
We are thinking about Feb29-Mar2. There is a lot to do in this area. It is best before all the tourist get here
Let me know if there is any intrest. I will check it out further.
Rich S
Teardrop Advisor

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:46 pm

Trudy and I are game. Set'er up Rich.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Catoosa Grani » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi Rich! How are you doing? We will see what is going on here and maybe we can make it. We have a booth at a swap meet in Chickasha shortly after that so will have to check our dates. We man a booth for Model T Ford Club of America every year. Keep us posted.

Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby mrchuc » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:41 pm

:) That weekend is a real possibility for Denice and me. Hope we can make it!
Rolling lightly upon the Earth,

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby WarPony » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Yeah, that looks like an easy one for us to get to, 'bout 4 1/2 to 5 hours. We really like going to caves, too.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:05 am

:thinking:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Catoosa Grani » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi Rich & Mary! Just found out our swap meet isn' t until the last of March so we will see you at the campout.

Betty & Gene
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby Bill P » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:03 pm

Here's hoping for an early Spring. Count me in. It's not too far from KC. Will the caves be open to the public this early?

Bill P
"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Postby pbbelly » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:35 pm

I'm only an hour or so away, and don't have to work that weekend -my wifey does though :^( hopefully I will be able to be there....
pbbelly
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Darren » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm going to try and make it. That's my B-day weekend. :D Should we make reservations?
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:03 pm

From www.mostateparks.com

Facilities

Thirty-nine state parks and historic sites offer camping opportunities to suit everyone's needs, from primitive walk-in sites to sites with hookups for water, electricity and sewer. Most state parks have basic campsites, which include a parking pad, table, grill and lantern post; and electric campsites, which have basic facilities plus electricity. Some sites offer basic facilities plus electric, water and sewer hookups. Many camping areas have modern restrooms, hot showers, trailer dump stations, coin-operated laundries and firewood available during their on-season.

Reservations
currently are accepted in 35 state parks. A portion of campsites in the reservation parks are available for the first-come, first-served user. Also, first-come, first-served users may occupy an available reservable campsite on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a reservable site, check with facility staff or follow the directions on the "Vacant" card.

Operations

Nearly all state park campgrounds are open year-round. Electric hook-ups are available year-round, while water and showers are usually available from April 1 through Oct. 31 in most state parks. Roaring River, Bennett Spring and Montauk state parks are operational Feb. 25. Some northern parks are operational by April 15. All water hydrants are available by May 1.

A two-night minimum stay on the weekend (Friday and Saturday) is required at most state parks. Camping is limited to any 15 days within a 30-consecutive-day period at any one park. Many parks contain rules and policies that are specific to the individual park and its resources. Please call the individual park to inquire of specific rules and, upon your arrival, check the park's bulletin boards for additional rules.

A "no vacancy" sign implies that all first-come, first-served sites are rented for the night, and that all reservable sites are paid in full and reserved for the night. Reservation customers are permitted to arrive any time within the first 24 hours of their stay. This results in some reserved sites remaining empty for the first night when the customer chooses to arrive the next morning. The park or historic site is obligated to hold the reserved site for 24 hours.

Firewood
is available for sale at designated times at most state parks, or you may bring your own. Gathering firewood is strictly prohibited. Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.

Early departures that are a result of park emergencies or park failure will produce a refund of all unused camping nights.

Enjoying Missouri State Parks with your Pet

Responsible pet owners and their pets are welcome in Missouri state parks. By following current pet rules, a positive impression will be left for all pet owners and will ensure that this privilege continues.

Senior and Disabled Citizens

Citizens who are 65 years of age or older or persons with disabilities are entitled to a reduced camping fee. An official document such as a driver's license certifying proof of age or disability must be presented when registering. Please visit the Camping Fees and Seasons page for additional information on discounts.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Rich S » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:13 pm

I am so glad to see interest in this gathering. It looks like a real nice area. I have reserved site138. I would suggest reserving a site but it is not necessary this time of year. If you go to Lake of the Ozarks State Park website and go to campground # 4 any of the sites at the far end. Maybe if we all bribe the weather man we can get a warm weekend.
Rich :applause:
Rich S
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Bill P » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:53 pm

I am so tired of being stuck indoors.

I reserved site 156 for 2/29 and 3/1. I tested my heater in October at the gathering in Nevada MO. I'm sure to be nice and warm no matter what. That's assuming the electricity stays on.

It's a lovely park. I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Bring your little doggie. I'm curious how to see how big she has become.

Bill
"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Trudy and I are in site 139. boy is MO reservation system confusing. :?
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:15 pm

Sorry but it seems like too far for me to drive, this new friend of mine says Table Rock is a gorgeous .

Hope to see y'all at Beavers Bend though!!!!

CABIN FEVER SUCKS!!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Next

Return to North Central