Mid Mo---pictures added

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Bill P » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:33 am

Rich, I'm with Jeff. I have a new hand operated drill and a big hammer. We'll take care of that tooth in short order.

:twisted:

Bill
"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Postby Catoosa Grani » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:51 am

Rich, I will bring a bottle of wine. Will that be strong enough to deaden the sound of the drill? Better get something stronger.

Betty

P.S. We are just walking out the door, or will be when I get off this computer. See you in a few hours.
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby ARKPAT » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:11 am

Have fun all I wish I was there! :cry:

This new work schedule thing messes up my camping time and trailer work time. :thinking:

Send some pictures back and post. :oops:

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Darren » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:33 pm

What a great weekend. I made it home at 2, just about 3 1/2 hours drive time. Can't wait for the next one. :)
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:09 pm

:thumbsup: Hope everyone made it home safely. It was so nice to see everyone again and meet a bunch of new campers. We did hijack a few extra too. I came home with some missing pictures so I apologize for those not showing.

Pictures are here: Lake of the Ozarks 03-2008

We finally got the TD and us at a campout!

Oh yeah and Darren shared his birthday with us. :applause: Thanks everyone for making the outing great.
Last edited by Miriam C. on Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby WarPony » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:14 pm

We got home at around 1. Took a different route home and shaved 13 miles and 1/2 hour off the trip. Man, that South wind was a real bastard today, it really knocked the fuel mileage down.

Thanks, Rich for all you and Mary did for this gathering. Your "magic weather wand" is great!! We hit KC and it was 75 degrees, it's 6 PM here in Topeka and the temp is 41................ perfect timing!!

Your buddy Brett is really cool. I had a good time both nights talking with and listening to him. That splittin' maul gave me a good workout....... Anna said, "I told you you'd be sore!!!".

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Catoosa Grani » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:29 pm

We got home around 5 and yes that wind was terrible. When we started south it really cut down on our mileage. Gene was afraid we would get caught in the storm that was coming in but we made it o.k. and the storm still isn't here. We sure enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting the ones we hadn't met before. Rich and Mary, thanks again for all you did to make it a great gathering. As usual, Gary and Trudy had a great breakfast yesterday. Rich fixed a great DO breakfast this morning and someone, (I am sorry I didn't catch who) made french toast and bacon. Except for the wind it was a great week end. Thanks to everyone who helped or just showed up. Miriam I am sure glad you and Mike decided to come. I hope everyone got home safely.

Grani
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:41 pm

HOME>>>>> What a KEWL weekend !!!!

Glad I went. My friend Darren (not Victor Star) had a fun time too and appreciated all the food, and laughs and great conversation and is planning on camping at Beavers Bend with his TTT.

I appreciate all the yummy food! Thanks as usual to Trudy and Gary, and to the french toast maker... was that Mary? and all the good potluck food! I think the T@B trailer owners felt a warm welcome too !!!

See some of y'all at Beavers Bend and the rest sometime soon.

PLEASE POST PICTURES OR LINKS TO THEM !!!! THANKS !!!!!
Last edited by oklahomajewel on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:43 am

Our local camping buddy Emalea did the french toast on Sunday. She doesn't post but she deserves the credit cause it was great.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Bodyman » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:29 am

Looks like you all had a good time. I will see some of you at Beavers Bend if this Iowa weather ever breaks so I can get my teardrop out :worship:
Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Home Safely!

Postby mrchuc » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:25 am

Wow, everyone,

What a great weekend! :applause: Thanks to everyone for the great conversation, great food, and wonderful advice and help. Special thanks to Gene who helped me put up our new tent after I realized I had lost the directions. :cry: Also, it was not his fault that I didn't stake it down and it acted like it was going to take off in the wind. (I was napping at the time and didn't care as long as it left me in the TD.) :lol:

It was also great to connect with some other Vietnam Veterans.

Denice actually said, " I am glad you made me come. It was fun!" Boy am I glad it didn't snow. ;)

Can't wait for the next outing!
Rolling lightly upon the Earth,

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Great campout!

Postby lwbittle » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:13 pm

We got home ok but the wind played a toll on our mileage. Six hours of buffeting a 40-50 mph wind was a little rough. Judy drove most of the way since I had contacted some kind of bug and was not feeling too well. We just got home before the wind and storms hit...

Had a great time and enjoyed all the visits. The wx was very nice to us at the gathering. The food was excellent and the company great.

Here are some pics.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/9135186@N03/4v4j8C
Nothing is ever simple.....
lwbittle
Teardrop Builder

Postby Bill P » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:34 pm

I can only agree with what everyone else said already. The weather turned out to be outstanding. We had the park all to ourselves.

As usual, no one was interested in sharing my cans of Vienna Sausage or Ramen noodles!!!

The highlight for me was meeting new and old friends. We were also treated to a practical lesson in how to extricate a small boat from the mud.

Thanks to Rich and Mary for being such great hosts.

Bill
"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Postby FireLion » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:28 pm

I would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to all of you at the Ozarks. Really made my 1st gathering a time to remember.
Woke up sick sunday A.M. and by the time I got home I had the full blown flu! Suffered with it until Thursday, and now I'm ready to hit the road again.
Thanks all for the wonderful food, the camaderie, and the laff's.
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North Central