Melvern Lake Kansas, July 11/12th.

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:16 am

Glad it went good Darren. Wish we could have made it but had my Grandsons second birthday party and a friends wedding reception on Sat. so it was a busy weekend.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby lwbittle » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

Good weekend. A little damp but no storms and nice and cool. Here are some pics .
http://www.flickr.com/gp/9135186@N03/A86744
Nothing is ever simple.....
lwbittle
Teardrop Builder

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:49 am

Great photos... looks like a nice park, lots of grassy area!

So what's the secret with the door open, and the a/c?

I'm thinking of how to add mine.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby 2old2tent » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:40 pm

It was great meeting some of the folks from the site. Hopefully we can bring the trailer to some event soon.

Jack
2old2tent
Teardrop Master

Postby lwbittle » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:53 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:Great photos... looks like a nice park, lots of grassy area!

So what's the secret with the door open, and the a/c?

I'm thinking of how to add mine.

Well, it's a long story. I found some molding for the doors at a surplus store but didn't pick it up at that time because I didn't have the pickup truck. I made the doors then went back to get the molding a few weeks later and there wasn't enough of the thickness I needed. I found some that was narrower but had made both doors 1 1/4 in thick so I had to make a door 1 inch thick to fit the other side! This left me with a blank door that, of course would fit into one of the door cutouts. So.... I decided to put four turnbuckles on the blank, slide in the little air conditioner and you see the result. It only takes about 30 seconds to cool out the tear.

We used it the first night and it worked fine but it cooled off and rained on Saturday so it wasn't need the next night. Seems to be ok though.

Cheap like me. :wacky
Nothing is ever simple.....
lwbittle
Teardrop Builder

Postby pete.wilson » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Hey

It was nice to have met Darren and Bill at Melvern this past weekend. Friday night turned cool and sleeping was good but Saturday with it's rain and the whole family in a tent made for a questionable start to the weekend. Finally around noon we packed it in and headed home; I think my wife is warming to the teardrop idea. I figure a few more wet camping trips and I will be ready to build! LOL.

Looking forward to the next get together, just say when.

Pete Wilson

P.S. I thought I had posted already but I'm having issues with Yahoo from my work computer.
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby Bill P » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:18 pm

As Darren mentioned, Saturday morning was a complete washout; however, it made for a nice evening as it was actually very mild that night. Sunday morning was perfect.

Bill
"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Previous

Return to North Central