GET TOGETHER?

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

GET TOGETHER?

Postby pdart70 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:43 pm

Are there any teardroppers out there interested in a get together in the Missouri Bootheel. (Kennett, MO)?
If so let me know and maybe I can set it up.
Thanks
Phil
"Make them laugh or Make them cry, Either will ensure they remember you!"
P.D.Wilburn
pdart70
Teardrop Builder

Postby DestinDave » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:16 am

I'd be interested in a get-together anywhere near Missouri. I haven't started building yet but getting very close. I'd show up with tent and sleeping bag if need be. Let's keep working on this - I'll help organize if you need it.
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby David Grason » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:36 am

Heck yeah! The bootheel is not all that far from me at all. Let's get together.

Destin Dave, if you came with no more than a sleeping bag, you wouldn't be able stay the entire weekend. That's because after seeing everyone else's tears, you'd be chomping at the bit to get home and get started on your own teardrop.

:lol:
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

GET TOGETHER?

Postby pdart70 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:18 am

Okay!

Here's the deal. I will start on this Monday norming. We have the Delta Fair grounds right here in town and the chamber of commerce has some spots they rent out to those airstream guys about once a year. I'll get all the particulars and post them Monday.

Thanks
Phil
"Make them laugh or Make them cry, Either will ensure they remember you!"
P.D.Wilburn
pdart70
Teardrop Builder

Postby DestinDave » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:01 am

David... I'd spend most of the weekend looking and adding to the confusion in my mind's eye... I fall asleep envisioning plans, wake up with new ideas and sketch them out. Every time I think I know what I want to do I find another website and add to my folders. It's a sickness I tell you. Is there a 12-Step program for teardroppers? I need more... I can't stop! Teardroppers Anonymous, HELP! :lol:

Actually by June, I should be well enough along that I might even show up with "The Salty Tear"... Or at least a damn good start... :worship:
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby DestinDave » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:06 am

Where did I get June from? Maybe Minden gathering... Hmmm - mind-clutter again... Let me know when - I'll be there regardless.
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby JunkMan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:08 am

I may join you, depending on what time of year it is. I'm planning a trip down to Nashville to visit my folks in the next few months (nothing definate yet), and could change my route a little (normally run across I-70), if the timimg is right.

Haven't started my tear yet, but getting close. Really need to get going if I am going to take it to Minden! Got the wood for the pattern and sides last week, and have been cleaning out the basement to get ready to start building. The weather this last week has been great (50's-60's) so I have been catching up on some outdoor work instead of starting on the tear, but it's supposed to cool off again tomorrow, so I hope to start making sawdust.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

MO Gathering

Postby edlfrey » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:08 pm

Although I'm from NV I'll be on a road trip in the fall and a stop over in MO during mid Oct would be a great break. Any other time would be a long trip for me. I'll watch for your dates! :NC
edlfrey
Teardrop Master

Postby benjamin » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:39 pm

That would be a blast I am trying to get mine done in time for the Minden event and the end of August but I may have a scheduling conflict that weekend so I may be interested in such an event depending on when.
Pop ups are good (99 Coleman) But Tear drops are better!
The trees are talking are you listening?
benjamin
Teardrop Advisor

Return to North Central