The "Last Gasp of Summer 2008"

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby SamR » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:58 pm

OMG, The Last Gasp already?? Can I? Shoot, it'll make 3 major trips in a month and a half for me...12 hours each way this time... Let me see how the Turtle makes it to Brigham City and back. Shoot, why didn't I plan ahead?

Sam
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Sam~

Most of all be safe!!!! If you can make it, I'd love to see you.... if not this year then next, no pressure!!! It's all about the camping, and we DID get to do Yellowstone together!!! Let me know what you think!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Gerdo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:39 pm

We are hopeing to make it. We, as you may have noticed, missed IRG because of work. A two week job that I couldn't pass up.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:29 am

Chris and Leisha,

Hope you can make it! It's too long between visits.... that darn work!!!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby tupelosue » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:53 am

Hey All! Looks like it's going to be another great gathering. Someday I hope to make this one. Would love to check out the
Royal Gorge area.'

About a month ago I was riding thru Napa Valley on my Vespa and spotted a CampInn pulled off on opposite side of road. I swung over to the drivers' window(putting some fear into the driver, I'm sure, as this Harley type pulls up on her mint green scooter :lol: :lol: )

Anyways, met a nice couple from somewhere in Colorado, pulling their 3-week old CampInn thru the Valley. I told them about your gathering, and they are familiar with the Forum, altho as lurkers, I believe. Didn't get their names, can barely remember they were from Colorado. Hope you get to meet them! think they were driving a volvo wagon, or was it a toyota camry perhaps....

Have a great Camp-Out!

sue 8)
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby Jason and Amanda » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:48 pm

So let me see if I have this right. Since there is no fee, you just show up? No reservations or anything?

Also the map provided is nice but I'm a little uncertain about the exact location. Is this where the campground is?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=5 ... 91324&z=14

Our plans at this time are to come saturday about noon and spend the night. Since it's only about an hour for us we're just going to stay the one night. (and I have to work friday)

What type of dish is appropriate? For an unpowered site we'll only have a small charcoal grill at our disposal. I was thinking of a room temp/cold dish? What about pies? MMMM :) At least I like em.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Gerdo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:46 pm

Pam
Are you going down before then for a campsite shakedown?
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ccdell » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:20 pm

It looks like I will make it this year. The tear is almost road worthy and the plan is to "finish" it (enough) to go. If I am lucky, I might even get a shake down trip before then, maybe. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

Oops, before I forget to ask, what about pets? Are they allowed?

Scott
ccdell
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Pam Wright » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:11 am

Hi all... been camping again.... over Labor Day weekend... did the shake down at the Royal Gorge Campground... Dana and KP (Kansas) joined me, I got to see Dana's new SUNSHINE YELLOW teardrop!!! WOW!!! it's a beaut! I was also joined by Jane from Colorado Springs, her first time to hook up and tow without the aid of her husband Kris! She did really good! and George Thornton and his grandson Ryan joined us.... Then again the "us" was my daughter Candie and 5 kids and 3 dogs!!!! two tents, the van and the "Cherry Drop" held us all and we had a great weekend!

Sue, Wish you could make it out some time.... we always have a good time! I'll watch for the Colorado Camp Inn ( If you are lurking in, please come up, you are welcome!!!!)

Jason and Amanda, Don't think the site you quoted is correct, look back in this thread at George's directions.... take H 50 through Canon City to the Royal Gorge Bridge turn off.... watch for our signs..... we have red teardrops with the tongue shaped like an arrow pointing the way and red, white and blue streamers leading the way! With George's help we will put the up on Wednesday night the 24th so you can all find the way. The campground is NOT marked except for our signage. Saturday is fine! I do not do reservations since the campground is FREE and many people come and go as their schedules permit. There is a lot to do in the area, the Gorge, train / helicopter rides, rafting the Arkansas, antique shopping in nearby Canon City and Florence.... and just visiting the gang in camp! Anything for the pot luck is good, cold stuff like veggies or desserts help balance dinner out and we LOVE pie!!!!

Chris, yes! Labor Day weekend.... all is great there and looks like it should be another great weekend!

Scott, YAY!!! Sure do hope you can make it!!!

ONLY 20 DAYS TO GO!!!! THREE WEEKS!!!!

See you there!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Jason and Amanda » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:39 pm

Ok so I'll find it no worries. I know it's in that general area. We might not be staying the night though... it depends on Dr. Appointments so we'll have to go day by day. But if not we'll at least drive down and say hi for the afternoon.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Cynda & Steve » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:23 pm

I can't believe it's now 2 weeks til the LAST GASP. I hope we have time to have a road test before then. I guess if it won't pull down the road, then we'll put it on the car hauler and haul it. :vroom: :dead: :lol:

The hatch is finally hinged and we are working on installing the doors. I found an old "goodwill" drawer stack that Steve recycled to match the cabinets....so we have everything ready to install in the Galley. I can't wait for our first gathering and to meet teardrop "neighbors"!!:campfire:

-Cynda
Cynda & Steve
Teardrop Advisor

Last Gasp

Postby judysteve » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:23 pm

Steve & I are planning to be there. George T, the Google map seems to indicate your directions are actually through the park. Is this true?
My yahoo email isn't working, please reply at [email protected].
judysteve
Teardrop Inspector

Postby George T. » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:29 am

Greetings from Florence!

No. If you make it to the actual bridge parking lot, you have gone too far. Have no worries. Follow the red teardrop signs. The tongue of the trailer will point in the direction to turn. They will be supplemented by red/white/blue streamers to get your attention. I have no doubt that you will be able to find your way to the campground.

Looking forward to seeing everyone although I won't be able to come up until Friday night.

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby enigmak » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Pam, do we know about how many tears are coming to "Last Gasp" yet? We'll be there, but we have not decided which tear to bring yet. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!!

For those of you coming that are unsure of finding the right spot. When we went Labor Day weekend, we found Pam. We were just following some pink streamers, we did not even know that Pam was the one that left them. Besides all you will have to do is just follow the other tears heading that direction!!

Dana
enigmak
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Cynda & Steve » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:04 am

At this point the 10 day forecast is calling for 75 in the day & 50 at night for Canon City. But, of course, you know how Colorado is....definately subject to change. :snow
Cynda & Steve
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to North Central