ReoRon's Kansas Campout - Crawford St Park OCT 3-4-5

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

ReoRon's Kansas Campout - Crawford St Park OCT 3-4-5

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:40 am

Okay... I'm gonna start a thread......

Talked to Reo-Ron last night and he's checking into the deposit for Crawford S.P. and availability for October 3-5, 2008.

Who wants to go? Well, I know everyone WANTS to ....

Crawford S.P. is about 20 miles south of Fort Scott, KS and Ron's going to a small car show there, and mentioned there are other historic sites in Ft Scott as well. I'm sure you Kansans and Missourians can tell us about it.

Anybody???

Ps.... Crawford S.P. is about 2 hrs south of KC and about 1.5 hrs north of Miami, OK.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Darren » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:51 am

:thumbsup:
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby reo-ron » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:22 am

OKIE INVASION!!!! It's official there will be a Kansas Campout Oct 3-5 at Crawford SP near FT Scott, KS. :applause: I have reserved the Multi use group area for that weekend and will cover the paperwork/deposit for the area. All I need now is camping company. Who's comming?? Please let me know via the forum or PM so I can keep track. We have ten (electric provided )camping spots, A fire ring/pit , new restroom facilities, and a covered pavilion . There is a small car show in Ft Scott on that Sat and various historical site in the area. The fees are $20 for both nights and a $4 vehicle fee of some sort.
Besides it will get you tuned up fpr the trip to LCGlll !! Start saving your gas money now and I'll see ya there!!
Ron
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:30 am

:o $20 for both nights? I guess I was thinking it was for each. :twisted: 8) :thinking: Heck yeah we are all going. :lol: Thanks Ron!!!

btw isn't Jeff and Anna on vacation. We might want to save them a spot near the fire. 8) Anyone got their phone number?
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Darren » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:53 am

I left Jeff a voice message, guessing he's out of cell phone range.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby reo-ron » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:02 am

Once I get the paperwork( it's being mailed snail mail) and such finished I'll have more details about doubling up, cost , etc..
Ron
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:50 am

$20 for both nights..... that's for the camping or for the car show.... haha

cheap and easy ... just my style.....

I've got it on my 'calendar', now will put it on my boss's to take that Friday off
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby pete.wilson » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:29 pm

hey

I will mention it to the wife and kids and maybe tenting it, at least it should be cooler.

Pete Wilson
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:22 pm

I posted in South Central thread ... but will add my post here too. Gary and I and Mark and Em (fellow Tears) ... will definitely be there Saturday ... and if I can get off work on Saturday ... we will be down on Friday night after work! Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:50 pm

COOL BEANS!!!!

See? I posted in both the North & South cuz I wanted to make sure the word got out to all our KS & MO friends as well as Okies and Arkies ... haha

The more the merrier... I think it's a four hour drive for me ... don't know if I'll leave early Friday or maybe even skip out of town after work Thursday and stop part way or sumthin....

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 am

I will see what I can do maybe swap some time to get Satruday. :thinking:
I do not think I can get Friday and Saturday and Sunday all at one time. Strange new shift weeks! I'm sure they are permenent except the one that thought them up does not ever have to work them. He even said he was envious. I ask him if he wanted to swap his hours for the ones he just though for us. NO ANSWER did he utter. :lol: ;)

FIVE YEARS and COUNTING ! ;)

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Bill P » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:31 am

Count me in.

I camped there this last week and it's a nice little park out in the sticks. The Group Site is terrific. Hardpads, electric, private showerhouse (New) huge firepit in the center, and a group shelter with a big fireplace. Look forward o seeing you all there and then on to LCG.

Bill
"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:46 pm

OK ... got schedule changed ... will be there Friday night. Gary and I and Mark and Em ... also trying to get some others here in KC area interested! :thumbsup: Trudy

PS Plan on breakfast for everyone at the Marmoy's on Saturday morning ... DO mountain man casserole and cinnamon rolls.
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:18 pm

8) Sounds like we will need a lot of firewood. If we get lots of people we can party in Oak Point. It is BIG. :lol: 8) And all of the electric sites are in the center. They have wonderful playgrounds too so bring the kidlets.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Bill P » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:38 am

Ron, if we get more than 10 confirmed attendees there are 4 additional utility sites the Park staff mentioned that are nearby in another camping area. If push comes to shove, and they won't let us double up, the last confirmed can always stay at one of the two other campgrounds.

It easy to get to the park. Google map or use your own software, and look for Girard Kansas. It's about 5 miles south of Crawford State Park. The park is just off off K7. If you're coming South from KC, take US69 South. K7 runs with 69 through Ft Scott, just make sure to stay on K7 going South when they diverge a few miles south of the city. Likewise, if you're coming up from the South, take US 69 North and turn West toward Girad about 7 miles North of Pittsburgh and then go North on K7.

See you all there.

Bill
"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Next

Return to North Central