ReoRon's Kansas Campout - Crawford St Park OCT 3-4-5

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:33 am

WarPony wrote:Okay, I'm looking at the map of the lake. Is the area we are going to be in called South Shelter Group Use Area? I wouldn't want anyone to be driving around the lake in the dark looking for the fun......... LIKE US!!!! :lol:

We'll probably be in camp around 8:30-9:00 PM.

Jeff and Anna

:lol: Yes! One shelter is at the swim area and the other is at the group camp area. I bet we can have a fire big enough to light the way. 8) We might have the lake to ourselves too. All you need to do is take a right at the kiosk where you enter.

btw---watch your speed. They will be. The locals ride bikes around the lake.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:13 am

FOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay ... Jeff's doing brisket

Darren mentioned to me he's gonna try to bring Potato Salad and Coleslaw.

Trudy/Gary doing an apple cake....

I'm making my way to the store tomorrow night. ..... what should I bring?
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby djayh » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:31 am

We will have to cancel, we were so looking forward to this weekend, but we had a death in the family, Jeannes Mom, hope to see you next time.

Dennis & Jeanne
djayh
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mighty Mouse » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:43 am

To go with Jeffs brisket I will do BBQ pulled chicken if no one objects to two meat choices. Off school this week so have some time before work to get it ready and already have the chicken breasts.

Bud
Mighty Mouse
Teardrop Builder

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:10 pm

djayh wrote:We will have to cancel, we were so looking forward to this weekend, but we had a death in the family, Jeannes Mom, hope to see you next time.

Dennis & Jeanne

Oh goodness.... God's Blessings to you both ... so sorry to hear about your mom Jeanne. Hope she had a long , and happy life!

We'll see you next time (hope!)

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:10 pm

Mighty Mouse wrote:To go with Jeffs brisket I will do BBQ pulled chicken if no one objects to two meat choices. Off school this week so have some time before work to get it ready and already have the chicken breasts.

Bud

You might double check with Miriam ... did she say she was doing chicken? I'm not trying to be picking..... bring whatever you want !!!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:29 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:
Mighty Mouse wrote:To go with Jeffs brisket I will do BBQ pulled chicken if no one objects to two meat choices. Off school this week so have some time before work to get it ready and already have the chicken breasts.

Bud

You might double check with Miriam ... did she say she was doing chicken? I'm not trying to be picking..... bring whatever you want !!!

:lol: Miriam is shopping tomorrow so :twisted:. Pulled chicken sounds great.

Jeanne, our sympathies and prayers are with you. So sorry for your loss. :worship:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby WarPony » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:53 pm

Damn, Dan!! What a crappy experience. Maybe we should contact the park and get a local sheriff to cruise by this weekend to help squash any trouble. Dan, would you give it another try? We do have a fair amount of people scheduled to attend so that might also help ward off any trouble.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:42 pm

:( Wow Dan, I have been there many times and never had a single problem. Course I have never camped this late in the season either. Used to be just fishing. I am surprised you didn't move to another site? They allow that for those who don't know. You might contact the park via email and let them know how bad it was. You might also contact the State park system and let them know. Might get you a refund. :thumbsup:

This is a state fishing lake and people do come in and fish. Some fish all night. Usually any party noise ends fairly early.

Contact info: Dave Goble (620) 362-3671,
[email protected]

Either of these should get you a response.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:46 am

:o OMG!!!!! Dan and Cindy !!!! So so terrible that you had that problem. DEFINITELY copy and paste all your detail here and email Nick or someone , EVERYONE associated with that lake and park and city.
I understand your frustration!

Ron has already paid the $200 deposit for the group camp. As I understand, no one else would be allowed to be in there with us. Don't know what side of the lake it's on , but it's called "south" and not sure where the Oak Point and such is.

If you don't feel like camping, it would be great if you would consider coming by and visiting and eat with us and sit around the campfire -- even if you don't want to 'camp'. ....

WE don't bite!!!! I've camped almost every month over the past 3 years with teardroppers and NEVER had any problems.
But with what happened to you, that's why as a single gal I don't really like the idea of camping alone.

Come see us !!!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby WarPony » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:31 pm

Okay, I'm bringing a 30-gal. barrel of wood for the fire...... might be able to slip in a few more logs if there is space. I'm smoking the brisket as we speak................ :twisted:

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:26 pm

WarPony wrote:Okay, I'm bringing a 30-gal. barrel of wood for the fire...... might be able to slip in a few more logs if there is space. I'm smoking the brisket as we speak................ :twisted:

Jeff

:twisted: Well that should take care of one night. 8) :lol: Just kidding you---sorta! I have seen your fires so we are brings some too. :thumbsup:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby exminnesotaboy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:50 am

I'll bring a few bundles of wood from our last campout. I am also happy to chip in if we need to buy more.

See ya all there tonight!

Tony & Kathy
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:36 am

We got home awhile ago and WOW what a beautiful weekend we had!!! A total of 11 trailers showed up, 19 people and 7 dogs. The campground area was perfect for a teardrop gathering due to the whole thing being pretty much isolated from the rest of the lake traffic. As per ususal, the food was out of this world the fire was great and the weather couldn't have been nicer.

Thanks to Ron for putting this thing together for us and thank you to all who came from far away places. I didn't take ANY pictures but I saw alot of cameras so I hope we can see some good shots.

Jeff and Anna
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Darren » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:27 pm

Just got home myself. GREAT weekend. Lots of lookers and visitors. LCG is coming up quick. :applause:
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

PreviousNext

Return to North Central