The Missouri Ozark Gathering - May 8-10, 2009

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Darren » Fri May 08, 2009 11:26 am

It passed through KC and the sun is shining. I'm heading out in about half an hour. See you all soon.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby Miriam C. » Sun May 10, 2009 11:46 am

:cry: I am hopeing everyone survived who went. We have been out of puter for the whole weekend. Got a nasty tree on our deck.

Anyone home yet? Everyone OK??????? Anyone hear from B52??? Imagine a motorcycle in 90 mph winds....... :shock: :worship:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby neal b » Sun May 10, 2009 12:29 pm

i went down for a visit they all made through the stroms B52 made it sat. around 4-4:30 the river was up an running sat. turn out be be great weather

neal b :D
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun May 10, 2009 1:12 pm

neal b wrote:i went down for a visit they all made through the stroms B52 made it sat. around 4-4:30 the river was up an running sat. turn out be be great weather

neal b :D

Thanks Neal. I am glad everyone made it . Don't know what you guys had but our winds were 80-90mph. And I know there was a tornado between here and Springfield but our cable has been out. No news or weather channel. :? :cry:
Last edited by Miriam C. on Sun May 10, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Darren » Sun May 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Everyone survived. Friday afternoon it was wet but no rain, I got there way after the storms. It turned out really nice for Saturday. Excellent breakfast from Gary and Trudy, thank you again, and we had a great potluck Sat night. It was good to see everyone and meet some new people. See you at the next one.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun May 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Welp we made it home with no problem except spending to much money on cheese in Osceola, knew I shouldn't have gone home that way. :lol:

Good to meet new folks and visit with old friends. Thanks again Jim for the Steen's and Cheryl the Varda is really cool. Can't wait till the next trip comes.

Gary and Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby WarPony » Sun May 10, 2009 7:21 pm

I've got a few pictures of the gathering........

Here is the drainage area right behind our campsite. The grove of trees way in the background.......... watch that area in the next few pictures.

Oh boy, the ditch is going down but look at the area toward the river!!

Here's LarryB arriving in his waterproof Dodge......... notice how high the river is now? It came up in about 2 hours. That's what 3.5 inches of rain in 1 1/2 hours will do to an Ozark river.

This guy/gal rolled in unannounced and DIDN'T have a reservation........... but we let it slide THIS time. Note to readers: His/her shell was bigger than a 5-gal. bucket lid!!!
Last edited by WarPony on Sun May 10, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

td

Postby sHoootR » Sun May 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Warpony did alright with the sunshine dance. Had great day Saturday. Thanks Jeff had a really good time.................found a really nice Grill cover anyone need one? Maybe Razorback,good price $$$$$ :twisted:
sHoootR (Guy) & SemiSweets (Vickie)
sHoootR
Gold Donating Member

I had a great time !!!

Postby LarryB » Sun May 10, 2009 7:41 pm

I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting all the tear drop and TTT people. I picked up quite a few ideas and a number of new friends, of course I haven't got all the names straight yet, but that takes time... hey, I have a good excuse I'm getting old and have "Old timers disease " 8)

Jeff thanks for putting on a great event, I'm looking forward to the next one......... :D
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Psalms 118:8
LarryB
Teardrop Builder

Re: I had a great time !!!

Postby WarPony » Sun May 10, 2009 8:36 pm

LarryB wrote:Jeff thanks for putting on a great event, I'm looking forward to the next one......... :D

Larry, thanks for coming. I'm glad you made the drive down and got the Dodge mucky for the gathering.

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Wonderful weekend

Postby godsy » Sun May 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Well, I survived my first weekend out in the Vardo... although Friday morning about 9 am I wasn't so sure. Had visions of the vardo rolling over in that wind... and had a few minutes of sheer panic as the tornadoes were heading right through Lebanon. Only my cheap screen house from Wallyworld took a beating!

Sure enjoyed the food and good company - thanks for making a newbie feel welcome. Hope to see you all again at future gatherings (minus the stormy weather)

Sheryl
see my adventures in the Emma Rose at
www.mygypsywagon.blogspot.com
godsy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby razorback » Mon May 11, 2009 9:01 am

What a great time. Tanks Jeff for organizing. Trudy and Gary shared the wonderful breakfast. Great potluck. Enjoyed meeting new folks and seeing old friends. I have half-timers disease. Remembered to put the grill cover on: just forgot to fasten the straps. Thanks Guy. Name your price
Larry and Macy.
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon May 11, 2009 9:03 am

:pictures: :pictures: :pictures: :whistle: :whistle:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby queeniejeanne » Mon May 11, 2009 10:16 am

Truly sorry to have had to cancel, but the tornadoes we were tracking and the storms were bad here. We did worry about you guys that were already there.
Trudy and Gary, so sorrry to miss your morning breakfast and evening chatter...know everyone had a good time...The turtle was awesome!!!!
Put on more pics.....Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby WarPony » Mon May 11, 2009 6:22 pm

razorback wrote:...Thanks, Jeff for organizing...

Larry, you and everybody are more than welcome!! I was so glad when everybody started to arrive because I thought the bad weather on Friday morning would keep most, if not all, away.

Tell Macy that I'll have Boomer bring her a big cinnamon roll for stealing the one off of her plate Saturday......... BAD DOG!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central