The Missouri Ozark Gathering - May 8-10, 2009

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

The Missouri Ozark Gathering - May 8-10, 2009

Postby WarPony » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm

Here it is, kids..... a camp/canoe gathering in the heart of the Ozarks!! This will take place at the Riverfront Campground and Canoe Rental located near Lebanon, MO. on the banks of the mighty Niangua River. I've been wanting to have a gathering that had the option for campers to take a nice canoe trip if they wanted and I really like this campground. We spent this past July 4th here and the facilities and hosts couldn't have been nicer. There are electric/water hookups, showerhouse, and a store on site that sells groceries, shirts, firewood, etc.

Here's the website for the campground: www.riverfrontcampcanoe.com There is also a hotel near the entrance for those who want to "rough it"....... :lol: Their website is www.sandspringresort.com

This is a really nice river to canoe but I don't want anybody to feel they are obligated in any way to participate in a float if they don't want to.

Jeff

Reservations need to be made at the campground or hotel........
Last edited by WarPony on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:27 pm

:thinking: That is mothers day weekend. I almost go fishing somewhere on Mothers day. :twisted: Problem is sometimes it is really nice and sometimes it is way too cold and wet. :R
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby WarPony » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:39 pm

OH CRAP................. I didn't realize Mom's day was that weekend. I'll change the date to either the weekend before or after. If it won't work for anybody, I'll can it altogether.

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby McTeardrops » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:53 am

Jeff

Please don't can this trip... we've been wanting to revisit this spot for a while now. I'll even bring my kids' mom...
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:01 pm

McTeardrops wrote:Jeff

Please don't can this trip... we've been wanting to revisit this spot for a while now. I'll even bring my kids' mom...

+1

Only I am not sure when we need to go to VA. But I would love a canoe trip.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby s4son » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Hey Jeff, can we make this the first ever Heart of America Tearjerkers Gathering? I don't know what the difference will be but we can put up a sign or something. :)

Scott
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:21 pm

s4son wrote:Hey Jeff, can we make this the first ever Heart of America Tearjerkers Gathering? I don't know what the difference will be but we can put up a sign or something. :)

Scott

Yeah, go for it. We didn't get to do anything for HOA last year like we planned so that sounds fine with me.

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:20 pm

McTeardrops wrote:Jeff

Lenny/Joanne, after thinking about it, I'm NOT gonna cancel this gathering........

The reason I put this gathering out so soon is because I wanted to get something out there for people to think about. The Ozarks are a beautiful part of America that alot of people in our part of the country have seen and if they haven't...... they NEED to!!!

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby crappie camper » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:56 am

Hey Jeff,

I float the Niangua River several times a years( as well as a couple of dozen other ones in Mo & Ark). Would love to make a float trip out of a teardrop gathering. I have my annual "guys only"( no wives,etc.) float trip always the first weekend in May. My wife and I would be game any other time in May. Just let me know when you get the details worked out. It will be nice to visit with you guys again.

Vernon
"Ever seen a fart in a whirlwind?!"

Vernon & Kelly Driver
crappie camper
Teardrop Advisor

Postby WarPony » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:26 pm

Vernon, I've decided on the dates of May 8-10th. A good friend of mine is getting married on the 16th and the weekend after that is Memorial Weekend so the 8-10 seems to be the best time even though it falls on Mothers Day.

Hope you and your wife can attend, it is a really nice place for camping and canoeing. Oh, there is a full moon to boot on the 9th.......... :twisted: ...... :beer:

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby crappie camper » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Jeff,
Sounds good. Count us in. Niangua is always a great float, and I love to fish! Let us know if you need help with anything. See ya guys later.
Vernon
"Ever seen a fart in a whirlwind?!"

Vernon & Kelly Driver
crappie camper
Teardrop Advisor

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:17 pm

I'm penciling it in my new 2009 calendar right now.

Depends on how much camping $$ and time I'll have. At least this May I don't have 2 kids graduating 2 different places and states.. haha

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:57 pm

WarPony wrote: The Ozarks are a beautiful part of America that alot of people in our part of the country have seen and if they haven't...... they NEED to!!!

Jeff

What comes to YOUR mind when you think of the Ozarks?

(I've been to Springfield, but I don't think I've seen the Ozarks.)

I found this on the web...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby B52 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Hey Jeff. Do you have to have a teardrop to come, or would an old hippie with a motorcycle camper be OK? :thinking: :thinking: A trip to the Ozarks on a motorcycle may just be too good to pass up! :D :D
Jim

Stumble through life; fat, dumb and happy!!
B52
Teardrop Master

Postby WarPony » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:00 pm

B52 wrote:Hey Jeff. Do you have to have a teardrop to come, or would an old hippie with a motorcycle camper be OK?

Hell, no Jim, I'm not a coffin bigot!! :lol: Bring your long-haired, motorcycle, hippie ass up and join the fun. The more hair the better....... HEE HEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Heck, get the rest of the LA crew rounded up and drag them to it, too........

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Next

Return to North Central