The Missouri Ozark Gathering - May 8-10, 2009

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Auntiemofks » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Mark and I just got back from Watkins Mill weekend and had a great time with Rayvillan, Trudy, Darian and Minnesota Boy - Tony and Kathy. We are all ready for some easy flowing down the lazy river - ok, maybe that won't be the case after all the rain this weekend.

Glad to see that Mary and Rich will be a part of the group.

Any idea on the Saturday night potluck?

Auntiemofks

(Emalea and Mark)
Auntiemofks
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Dagny » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:08 am

oklahomajewel wrote:Dagny!!! By all means, come out and take a look.. and get ideas! haha .
We'll likely be going a potluck Saturday night so we expect you to stay and share that with us!

I just saw you posted something about what to take and not take, pack, "dummie proof" stuff.. ... we can show you some ideas there in person.

I am so excited. I'm glad potlucks are part of the events as I love to cook. Thank you so much for the warm welcome. We have campsite 32.
Last edited by Dagny on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dagny
Teardrop Advisor

Ozarks Gathering

Postby queeniejeanne » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:02 am

What will happen is all the rain and storms will get finished this week & next then the whole weekend will be gloriously sunny and temp just right for fast river floating...no paddle, hard work........from my mouth to the Spirit's ear........ :worship: and I'm with EM, Watkins mill allowed us to meet lots of new people on just our second outing. Great time. You can see pic posted on Watkins Mill thread.

Queenie Jeanne & Dennis
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

I'm ready

Postby LarryB » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 am

well I took my teardrop out this weekend to see if I had everything and was ready.... I didn't and it wasn't... but I made a list and should have it all together by the time I get there. I had a beautiful short weekend (Friday and Saturday) had supper at my daughter's since they only live about 2 miles from Robertsville State Park . didn't want to cook LOL and I got to play with my grandson.
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Psalms 118:8
LarryB
Teardrop Builder

We are gonna make it to the Ozarks!!!

Postby joycecporter » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:08 am

Zane and I will make our reservations today, hope it it not too late. I'm ready for a relaxing weekend, been gone on work for last 6 weekends, and in Indiana all next week, get back on Thursday night, will load up on Friday and pull out when Zane gets our of school.

Haven't had much time to read all the postings... but sounds like we are gonna have a nice group.

When I call the campground, do I just ask to be put in with the teardroppers??

If its all booked up, anyone wan to share a spot, if they allow that?
joycecporter
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Dagny » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:19 am

I just called 2 days ago and talked to Amanda. She didn't indicate that they were close to being full. She indicated I could probably just show up. I booked a spot. Just tell her with the Teardroppers. She knows just what to do. Super friendly.
Dagny
Teardrop Advisor

Postby WarPony » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:59 am

No Joyce, it's not too late to reserve and yes, just ask to be with the teardrop group and Jason or Amanda will put you with the rest of us.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

That Jason was a nice guy.

Postby joycecporter » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm

I'm all signed up and ready to go..
I will not get back from my Indianapolis work trip until Friday afternoon... dang work... but we'll be there as soon as we can.
If weather permits, we are planning on floating on Saturday.
joycecporter
Teardrop Inspector

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:00 pm

I'm planning too but really waiting to see what the weather and the bank account looks like... hopefully neither one will be ugly!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby WarPony » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 pm

1) WarPony - Jeff and Anna (KS)
2) Rayvillian - Gary and Trudy (MO)
3) Victorstar - Darren (KS)
4) Hap - Hap (AR)
5) Razorback - Larry and Macy (AR)
6) LarryB - Larry (MO)

8. AuntieM of KS - Mark and Emalee (KS)
9) Rooky - Rodger and Tami (IA)
10) RichS - Rich and Mary (MO)
11) B52 - Jim (LA.... no, not Los Angeles)
12) Jack and Tara (KS)
13) Joyce Porter (MO)
14) Dagny + 4 (IL)

I bumped this up. There's been a couple of additions to the group in the past couple of days.

I have talked to Amanda and she said that we can use the pavillion for the potluck at no extra charge since we have such a crew coming to the campground. I also invited her and Jason to the dinner on Saturday but Jason told me that they are planning a quick motorcycle getaway before the canoeing season starts but will come and visit on Friday night.

So far, the upper part of the river is clean for canoeing. It's about an 8-mile trip and ends at the campground so hopefully all this rain we're getting won't clog the river up with debris.

We'll be arriving late on Thursday night so we can have two, full days of relaxation.

Jeff
Last edited by WarPony on Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby godsy » Fri May 01, 2009 9:53 pm

I hope to make this gathering... chickened out on the Watkins Mills because of weather. I haven't made reservations... will call them this week and see if I still can.

I've had my vardo for over a month and no camping due to weather.... so I'm ready!!
:ilovecamp:
see my adventures in the Emma Rose at
www.mygypsywagon.blogspot.com
godsy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby WarPony » Sat May 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Godsy, if you can..... please bring the Vardo. That is a REALLY cool camper. We looked at your pics last night and loved the layout.

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun May 03, 2009 10:02 am

Talking about potluck for Saturday night .... I have found a great recipe for Dutch Oven pot roast I am going to make. Also... Gary and I made several coffee cakes that we froze and are going to bring for Saturday morning for those folks to grab a bite before going out on the river. Looks like we might have some rain on Friday and again on Sunday but looks like Saturday is supposed to be sunny and warm!

I am taking a vacation day on Friday .... so Gary and I should be down Friday about noon. Looking forward to seeing everyone ... old friends and new.

Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Potluck:

Postby Rooky » Sun May 03, 2009 10:48 am

We are planning on bringing chocolate cake, and also a mexican cassarole, if that's ok? We are off on Friday, so will be down there about 2:00 pm-ish! Hope the trailer is done...?!
Rodger & Tami
Rooky
Teardrop Builder

Postby Dagny » Sun May 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Jeff,

You can add us to the list. Spot 32.

Dagny - Stacy, Paul and 3 little ones. (IL)
Dagny
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to North Central