The Missouri Ozark Gathering - May 8-10, 2009

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby WarPony » Sun May 03, 2009 2:38 pm

Dagny wrote:...You can add us to the list. Spot 32...

Gotcha, Stacy. We're getting a pretty good crowd!!

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Dagny » Sun May 03, 2009 3:00 pm

Greetings y'all. I am very excited to meet all of you. I just got my teardrop yesterday (Silver Shadow 5x10 by Little Guy) and am getting it outfitted. I will probably ask a bunch of questions and I'm dying to check out all the trailers. I'm reading a ton and even sewing up some organizers to keep my kitchen stuff neater.

For the potluck, I'm bringing a salad and something else TBD.
Dagny
Teardrop Advisor

Postby WarPony » Sun May 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Dagny wrote:...I just got my teardrop yesterday...

Sweet, those are good lookin' rigs!! My first bit of advice would be to go to Walmart and get a FirstUp shelter. They make good shade and a better umbrella when it rains. The thing I also like about them is that you can buy bug screens, wind screens and lights to add to them if you like. I saw them on sale for about $88 yesterday.

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

We ran into a slight delay on finishing our build...

Postby Rooky » Sun May 03, 2009 6:11 pm

BEE's! We had a swarm of honey bees' relocate right above our garage! So it kinda slowed our progress down for the day! Maybe we sould plan on bringing something with honey for the potluck!? :wacky
Rodger & Tami
Rooky
Teardrop Builder

Ozarks Gathering

Postby queeniejeanne » Sun May 03, 2009 7:22 pm

:cry: We must back out of coming to this one. Will see everyone in Palo Duro though. $> Work is on our agenda instead. Corp of Engineers pay very well for our services. So we will be hitting corp parks around tablerock this weekend doing lockwork for them. Thanks for all your planning War Pony. Queenie Jeanne and Dennis
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Mon May 04, 2009 6:59 am

Darn :cry: :cry: :cry:
Gary and Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby queeniejeanne » Tue May 05, 2009 7:40 am

Trudy, thanks for the DARN at least...the campground folks are really nice. They understand and are putting my deposit back on my card...not everyone would do that. Hope you have one on us. (whatever that may be). Will miss you all. but hope to see some of you in Palo Duro the following weekend.
Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby WarPony » Tue May 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Here's a little heads up on getting to the gathering. Looking at the list of the participants, it looks like most will be heading East on 64 Highway. That highway is REALLY curvy and it's easy to lose track of mileage. The directions say it's about 17 miles from the junction of 64 and 65 highways so keep track once you make the turn East. I'm going to make a sign that will simply read, "M.O.G. -->" or something like that. I'll put it at the entrance of the campground, which is on the right side of the road if you are heading East.

Those of you going West on 64, it'll be pretty easy. Once you pass the Bennett Spring State Park river crossing, it's about 1/4 to 1/2 a mile and the entrance will be on the left hand side of the road.

Once you make the turn into the campground there is a gravel road you'll travel on about a 1/4 mile and then you'll go down a fairly steep hill before you end up at the front of the main office to check in. Like I said, be careful coming down that hill.........

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby B52 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:44 pm

WarPony wrote:Once you make the turn into the campground there is a gravel road you'll travel on about a 1/4 mile and then you'll go down a fairly steep hill before you end up at the front of the main office to check in. Like I said, be careful coming down that hill.........

Jeff

:shock: GRAVEL??? Just what I wanted to hear! A gravel hill, and a motorcycle pulling a trailer!!! :NC
Jim

Stumble through life; fat, dumb and happy!!
B52
Teardrop Master

Postby WarPony » Tue May 05, 2009 10:54 pm

Hang in there, Jim. I'm trying to get a pic for you to look at. It's not a Hill Climber by any means but I sure don't want you falling down and getting hurt. Man, I'm sorry for not mentioning this at the begining...........
:oops:

I've contacted the campground hosts because I think there is an alternate route for the big "Sun Blockers" to go down. If anything, I can tow the Bedroll up and down the hill for you, if need be. Crap, this has made me sick to my stomach.

Jeff
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby B52 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:43 pm

WarPony wrote: Crap, this has made me sick to my stomach.

Jeff

:lol: :lol: Not to fear, Jeff. Just yankin' your chain. You'd be surprised at some of the places the Bedroll has been! I'll call ya when I get there so you can come watch the show!! :thumbsup:
Jim

Stumble through life; fat, dumb and happy!!
B52
Teardrop Master

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed May 06, 2009 7:11 am

:(

So sorry to report that your Oklahoma camping buddies will not be able to make it. ReoRon emailed me yesterday that two of his kids are coming in for mom's day. Nic and I each are having $$ issues that just make it hard to go this time. I'm getting over some nasty allergy crud too .

I really hated to back out.

Have lots of fun !! I'll surely miss you!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Dagny » Fri May 08, 2009 6:54 am

Very bummed by the weather report. The thought of 5 people in a teardrop in a thunderstorm is a bit daunting. I don't have a "good" canopy yet. I am thinking of driving in early tomorrow as the weather looks better. Don't count us out.
Dagny
Teardrop Advisor

Cant make it

Postby Rooky » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14 am

:( Our dog sitter just called, we were waiting to leave on our very first outing. We called our Vet who boards but they want $380. for the weekend for all three dogs, we only have $700. in our teardrop, so we will try again some other time.
Rodger & Tami
Rooky
Teardrop Builder

still a go here

Postby LarryB » Fri May 08, 2009 11:04 am

I'm still planning to go , just waiting for the thunderstorms to pass through. it's raining like mad here at present but radar shows it should slack up in about an hour or so, as long as I can get there and set up before dark I'll be happy :worship:
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Psalms 118:8
LarryB
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to North Central