Campground with Shower in/near Springfield, MO??

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Campground with Shower in/near Springfield, MO??

Postby mrchuc » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:18 am

Hi Everyone,

I have a business trip to Missouri State University coming up in mid July and I would like to combine it with a camping trip. I have been searching for a campground to park my Little Guy, but I can't find what I need. I was hoping for a State Park or something else cheap. I found a RV spot in Ozark, MO located just behind Lamberts Cafe for $20 per night. They don't have showers however.

I would need electric for my AC and a place to shower and clean up.

Any leads?

Thanks!
Rolling lightly upon the Earth,

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:20 am

Hey Chuc... I don't the area, did you look on reserveamerica.com?

Or try http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/visitors.cfm

I've found COE parks are just as nice or better sometimes than State Parks and can usually reserve online. I searched Missouri but looks like their closest is Stockton or Table Rock.

Good luck... hopefully QueenieJeannie or Auntie M will pipe in!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:07 pm

The only full service camp ground in/around Springfield that Gary and I have found is a KAO campground in Springfield (west side). Very nice campground ... if you dont mind camping along a very busy railroad track. Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby atkryder » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:22 pm

I live in ozark Mo. and i dont think that i would recommend that particular campground the whole thing is white gravel (chat) it would be very hot. It is really catered more to big rvs that need pull thru sites!!!

Seth
atkryder
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ARKPAT » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Looks like Rayvillan's suggestion is only 8 miles away from the University's locationSee Google Maps Link.

RAYVILLIAN
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:07 pm Post subject:
The only full service camp ground in/around Springfield that Gary and I have found is a KAO campground in Springfield (west side). Very nice campground ... if you dont mind camping along a very busy railroad track. Trudy

:thinking:

KOA Campground Park Information

But also consider:

Sorry for the misunderstanding

atkryder
Teardrop Builder

New postPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I meant that I would not recommend the campground behind Lamberts!!

atkryder
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:22 pm Post subject:
I live in ozark Mo. and i dont think that i would recommend that particular campground the whole thing is white gravel (chat) it would be very hot. It is really catered more to big rvs that need pull thru sites!!!

Seth

I have never camped at the KOA.

:thinking:

:thumbsup:

Pat :oops:
Last edited by ARKPAT on Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby atkryder » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:15 pm

I meant that I would not recommend the campground behind Lamberts!!
atkryder
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:58 am

RAYVILLIAN wrote:The only full service camp ground in/around Springfield that Gary and I have found is a KAO campground in Springfield (west side). Very nice campground ... if you dont mind camping along a very busy railroad track. Trudy

Here's a pic of the campground Trudy mentioned.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mrchuc » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:31 am

Thanks, Everybody,

I really appreciate the quick help! :D

I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative to the KOA, but it seems the money I would save by staying in the Ozark RV campground would be offset by the extra miles (and the extra hassle of finding a place to clean up.)

A state park or the like was what I was hoping for, but it looks like Branson is the closest choice there. Way too far to drive everyday.

Looks like the KOA is a nice place and it is located very conveniently.

If anyone finds anything else just let me know. I will be making my reservation in a couple of days, just as soon as I confirm the days I will need.

Thanks, again! :thumbsup: Hope to see you folks soon at a gathering!

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Found Another Possibility

Postby mrchuc » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just found another possible place to stay in Springfield, MO. It is a Moble Home park with RV spaces. It is located on the south side of Springfield on South Glenstone Ave. near Wal-Mart and Target.

Here is the Website: http://www.ozarkhighlandsmhc.com/

My daughter drove by and said it looks pretty nice over all. :) The RV spaces, though, are in the open, so no shade. :( The rate is $25 per night. :) The location is convenient to services and the University. :) And, according to an email I received, they do have showers. :D

At this point it looks pretty good for my purposes on this trip. HOWEVER, I wanted to run it by the experts (you folks) :thumbsup: first before I reserve the space.

Thanks for all the help! :applause:

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:57 pm

:thumbsup: The mobile home park seems like it might be quieter but if you are spending day time there you will probably appreciate trees.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby atkryder » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:02 pm

This mobile home park has been there forever they kinda built up the city around it! I think the only reason that is still there is that is very well kept!
It always looks nice when I drive by it! I would say with that being said if the price is right you probably cant go wrong with it!!!
atkryder
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mrchuc » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Okay! It's a done deal. Emailed for a reservation. :thumbsup:

I will try to remember to post here about how the campground is. I know the KOA would be better if I were going to be at the camp all day, but I will mainly be there for relaxing in the evening and sleeping, then showering and cleaning up in the morning. :) I think this will fit the requirements and save me a few bucks as well!

Hope to see you all soon!

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby mrchuc » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

Well I stayed at the Ozark Highlands Mobile Home/RV Park. It was a fine experience. :)

The place was clean and well kept. There are several RV spaces, some in the open and a few in the trees among the homes there. I was given a prime location. The pull though site was right next to the office, shower, pool and club house. The shower was a single stall in the men's bathroom--small but clean and handy. Each night a very large RV occupied the site beside me. Made my Little Guy look even smaller! :D Several of the residents came by for a closer look--and, of course, I gave tours. Very nice folks.

So, if you are traveling in the Springfield area and need a site for a night or two, I highly recommend this park. At $25 a night, I thought is was a bargain. Even though I was in the "woods", Walmart, Target, and many restaurants were all in the neighborhood.:thumbsup:

All the best...

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby atkryder » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:02 pm

I am Glad it worked out for you!! Sure beat an expensive hotel with uncomfortable bed!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
atkryder
Teardrop Advisor

Postby esmith2039 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:48 am

Huh lived in Springfield for 5 years and never knew their was a campground there. I guess I know where to stay if we ever go to visit.
esmith2039
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to North Central