Tearjerkers Heart Of America Chapter!

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Tearjerkers Heart Of America Chapter!

Postby Darren » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:39 am

What can we do to get this chapter more active?

Should we recruit new states to join? Start a new chapter with more states? Just leave it alone?

Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas currently don't have chapters. :roll: At the Crawford Gathering we had all states except for I think Texas in attendance.

So any thoughts?

Thanks,
Darren
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:50 am

8) I think we have a very active group here and it is growing. Don't know how to get folks to join Tear Jerkers and post there too. Perhaps folks don't realize we do that. 8)

Sooooooooooooo http://tearjerkers.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=9
Problem seems to be that only a couple of us post there.

Crawford seems to have been full in spite of a number of cancels. Might need to do next year on the other side. :) :D
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: Tearjerkers Heart Of America Chapter!

Postby GeoDrop » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:39 pm

More events? Project visits? Quarterly meetings/dinners?

I discovered an aviation friend of mine has just started building a Benroy and a friend of his is also starting a build. I'm sure those of us who are building would love to see completed TD's and maybe those of you that have finished wouldn't mind seeing a project underway?

Victor Star wrote:What can we do to get this chapter more active?

Should we recruit new states to join? Start a new chapter with more states? Just leave it alone?

Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas currently don't have chapters. :roll: At the Crawford Gathering we had all states except for I think Texas in attendance.

So any thoughts?

Thanks,
Darren
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Postby Darren » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:43 pm

Several of us talked about that at Crawford and realistically we could get 4 trailers on most sites and 6 on at least 1 of them. Cars and trucks could be parked along the road, I understand that some people don't like the car too far away, and if it got full enough Tony pointed out that we could make the shelter house area a turn around point and close off the back road for parking. Everyone was great about sharing and I don't think we'll have any issues next year.
Darren

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Victor Star wrote:Several of us talked about that at Crawford and realistically we could get 4 trailers on most sites and 6 on at least 1 of them. Cars and trucks could be parked along the road, I understand that some people don't like the car too far away, and if it got full enough Tony pointed out that we could make the shelter house area a turn around point and close off the back road for parking. Everyone was great about sharing and I don't think we'll have any issues next year.

:) Sounds good to me, I was looking forward to having a 100 TD's someday! I am grounded for the rest of the year I think, but more events sure sounds good.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

an outsider's view

Postby Dick » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Just being the new kid on the block (just started the build mid-August) thought I might as well throw my 2 cents worth in. I was disappointed even before starting the build when I sent an email to the Heart of America guy who lives closeby and NEVER heard back - it seems like the leadership either lost interest in the chapter or doesn't care. Luckily for me I contacted Darren in early August and his enthusiasm for teardrops more than made up for the previous experience along with the threads on this website. The Crawford get-together was invaluable for Kathy and I to be able to get new ideas and take pictures but more importantly be able to meet the individuals who have made the decision to be teardrop owners. I can say that indeed the people that decide to choose this route are very unique group of individuals (and I mean this as a compliment) - creative, innovative and inquisitive plus the social aspect. The more I think about it the Crawford campout reminded me so much of how our ancestors crossed the wide open country in their stagecoaches and at night would circle their stagecoaches around the campfire to enjoy the festivities with others.
Now getting back to the question - what to do? It seems like the group that gets together is a "chapter" in itself whether they have an ordained name or not. Since the previous leadership abandoned the chapter would it be better just go ahead and "hijack" the same chapter and get life back in it or continue as an "informal" organized group? There were quite a few of veteran t-owners at Crawford who are quite active on the threads who can offer advice and guidance for "rookies" such as myself on what makes the most sense. I am in agreement with Darren and Miriam that the Crawford event will continue to grow exponentially in the upcoming years. If a decision is made to take over the HOA chapter or establish a new one I would be more than pleased to attend a planning meeting to discuss the issue.
PS - finished installing the kitchen galley cabinets yesterday, started interior wiring today and building the cabin cabinets - probably 2-3 weeks away from christening ceremonies and first campout.
Dick
Teardrop Advisor

Postby David S » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:49 pm

I really hated missing Crawford just to come by and say hi.My build is going slow due to work picking up which is a good thing.But I will have it done for spring so count me in for next years activitys
Dave. :)
David S
Donating Member

Postby CJflyer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:30 pm

Ok, Coming from some newbie's, what does more active mean? More gatherings, camp outs, activities?? Sue and I belong to the Christian Motorcyclists Association and they do things like poker runs, bike games, monthly group rides etc. Are you just wanting to recruit more folks to the the teardrop world, recruit more tear droppers' into the chapter or both? Sue and I are willing to help in whatever way. :D
73's WF1yer
CJflyer
Teardrop Master

Postby crappie camper » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:40 am

I knew there was a "heart of america" chapter, but had no idea about the tearjerkers site until this thread. I joined the yahoo groups tearjerker one but just joined the regular one today....waiting on approval.

As far as who should be in the chapter (states i mean). I think Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas, should be a natural given. I dont think Texas should be included. They are so big they should have thier own....lol
"Ever seen a fart in a whirlwind?!"

Vernon & Kelly Driver
crappie camper
Teardrop Advisor

Postby crappie camper » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:42 am

BTW Darren,

I saw you had a "Heart of America" banner thing on the back of your trailer at Crawford with your name on it.........

I WANT ONE>>>>LOL :yes:
"Ever seen a fart in a whirlwind?!"

Vernon & Kelly Driver
crappie camper
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Darren » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:51 am

Just more active on the www.tearjerkers.net site. It doesn't matter if we call ourselves Tearjerkers or not, we'll still be camping together. Vernon, they sell the banners on the web site. :thumbsup:
Darren

Postby pauld3 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:49 pm

I dont think Texas should be included. They are so big they should have thier own....lol

AGREE!!!
Paul & Lynn Donovan
The Toad Drop Inn
Liberal, KS
pauld3
The 300 Club

Four State Mid States Chapter

Postby queeniejeanne » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:50 am

Just the four states would work fine....north central is way to big and south central is even bigger...I would like to see a "Mid Central" added to the regular forum. Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. If all would be willing to adjust to mapping in the main forum.....I had logged into the Tearjerkers sight but never go there. Maybe that is just Dennis and I. Seems we are getting more and more people attending from those four states and making it shorter mileage for all of us would increase attendance.QueenieJeanne-Branson Missouri
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Re: Four State Mid States Chapter

Postby eveningprimrose » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:44 pm

queeniejeanne wrote:I would like to see a "Mid Central" added to the regular forum. Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
I couldn't agree with you, more! "Mid-Central"...Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas would be awesome!
Last edited by eveningprimrose on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.
eveningprimrose
Teardrop Master

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:39 pm

The problem is that Tearjerkers is just not as active, sort of that critical mass thing. I would be willing to bet most of us that are TJ are also here. I do check every once in a while.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to North Central