Watkins Mill Nov 6, to 8 OOps Moving to Knob Noster

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Nathan N » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:53 pm

Had a great time other than kissing the bee! But I did get a new avatar out of it. :O

photos have been moved: 2009 Knob Noster
Last edited by Nathan N on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Pictures

Postby queeniejeanne » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks for the pictures, seem to be missing a group shot ?
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Re: Pictures

Postby Nathan N » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:10 pm

queeniejeanne wrote:Thanks for the pictures, seem to be missing a group shot ?

Our "group shooter" was stranded in Branson! :( Guess we were having too much fun and forgot.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Darn your right Jeanie with all the excitement of kissing bees and melting wine bottles we forgot the group shot. guess we'll have to go again and get that done.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:31 pm

RAYVILLIAN wrote:Darn your right Jeanie with all the excitement of kissing bees and melting wine bottles we forgot the group shot. guess we'll have to go again and get that done.
Gary

How do you melt wine bottles?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

great time

Postby Dick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:21 pm

What a great time for our first "group campout" with other tdroppers. You just won't see excitement like that hanging with the fifth-wheel crowd. First there was the attack of the "killer kissing bees" Saturday aft followed by live glassmelting lessons into sculptured pieces of "art?" in the evening. The food and comrardarie couldn't have been any better.
Dick and Kathy
KC
Dick
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mrs Rayvillian » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:38 pm

Well let's see. First you get a good hot fire going, than stand a 10" hollow log with about a 4" hole in it which gives a blast chimney. than just put the wine bottles in from the top and watch them slowly disappear down the chimney.

Or if you get impatient you smash them down with stick.

Daren has the glob maybe he'll post of pic of it.

Gary
Mrs Rayvillian
Teardrop Master

Postby CJflyer » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Sue and I made it out this weekend also. We decided to try Marion County Lake instead of the big reservoir. It turned out to be a nice little lake with lots of site choices and considering that we were the only campers there, we had our choice of sites with a view. The local residents descended upon us as we stopped in the lake office to get our permit. Must have been 15 or so folks with seemingly unending questions about our little camper. I must admit, it is fun to see people's faces and listen to their comments. We had a nice,quiet camp out. I am off to the Great White North (Canada) for all of next week. Glad you all had a good time too.
73's WF1yer
CJflyer
Teardrop Master

Postby exminnesotaboy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Kathy and I had a blast on a beautiful weekend! here are some pics:

exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Darren » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 pm

Here's some photos of the melted glass. I wanted to clean it up a little first.

On the last photo where the glass transitions from light to dark there is a glob of melted aluminum. We need to throw a few cans in next time. :twisted:
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:03 pm

Cool pics Daren and Tony I was hoping that you guy's would post some of our creation.

Hmmmm?! how many beers does it take to sand cast a toy teardrop?

Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby WarPony » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Alright, I have to ask....... how did Nathan get stung by a bee? Did you guys sprinkle flower pollen in his whiskers or something while he was taking a cat nap? :thinking:

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Nathan N » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:06 pm

WarPony wrote:Alright, I have to ask....... how did Nathan get stung by a bee? Did you guys sprinkle flower pollen in his whiskers or something while he was taking a cat nap? :thinking:

Jeff

there was a darn bee in my beer! I got him spit out but he got me good on the lip on the way out.

We missed you, hope you had a good time at your party.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby WarPony » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Nathan N wrote:There was a darn bee in my beer! I got him spit out but he got me good on the lip on the way out...We missed you, hope you had a good time at your party.

DAYUM!! That could've went bad....... BAD, BAD!! When we were little, my cousin got stung in the lip by a bee and almost died. Had a bad reaction and went into cardiac arrest at the hospital. Good thing that it didn't sting the inside of your throat...... SCHWEW, I'm gonna start putting "bee screens" over my PBR's!! :lol:

We did have a good time at the party but we'll meet up again down the road, Nathan.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Nathan N » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:14 pm

WarPony wrote:
Nathan N wrote:There was a darn bee in my beer! I got him spit out but he got me good on the lip on the way out...We missed you, hope you had a good time at your party.

DAYUM!! That could've went bad....... BAD, BAD!! When we were little, my cousin got stung in the lip by a bee and almost died. Had a bad reaction and went into cardiac arrest at the hospital. Good thing that it didn't sting the inside of your throat...... SCHWEW, I'm gonna start putting "bee screens" over my PBR's!! :lol:

We did have a good time at the party but we'll meet up again down the road, Nathan.

Jeff

Darren got stung earlier in the day, same deal. I have some "bee screens" on order!
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Previous

Return to North Central