Watkins Mill Nov 6, to 8 OOps Moving to Knob Noster

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby queeniejeanne » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:21 am

OK FWIW, We will still be there on Friday afternoon!!!!!!!!!! Queenie Jeanne

Didn't want to be left out in all this shuffling... :noyes:
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Knob Noster this weekend

Postby Dick » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:26 am

Just received an email back from Jeanne/Dennis that we can share their double site. Won't be able to be there until Saturday after 2:00pm as Kath has to work in the am. Looking forwrd to camping our first campout with the teardrop group since finished the td couple of weeks ago - although we did a trial run to smithville lake just after finishing it. We met some of you at Crawford when we were on a "idea finding mission" prior to finishing the kitchen galley. We'll throw in some extra firewood - the weather looks like it's going to be spectacular.
Dick and Kathy from KC
Dick
Teardrop Advisor

Postby WarPony » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:00 pm

Got a party to attend Saturday in Gladstone, MO. Won't be able to make "The Knob" this time...... :cry:

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Knob Noster

Postby Mrs Rayvillian » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:41 pm

FYI ... Mark and Em are bringing biscuits and gravy for Saturday morning and a 6-lb Pork Roast for dinner. Gary and I will make our traditional breakfast for Sunday morning. Plus I will make pumpkin pecan DO cake for Saturday night. Anyone else wanted to bring things to supplement dinner on Saturday, bring it on! Trudy :thumbsup:
Mrs Rayvillian
Teardrop Master

saturday night dinner question

Postby Dick » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Kath said that she will fix an appetizer and a salad for saturday evening - important question - anybody have a guess on the # of people?
Thanks
Dick
Dick
Teardrop Advisor

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Well let's see there's
Kathy and Tony
Em and Mark
Trudy and Gary
Daren
Jeanie and Dennis
Nathan and his wife
Dick and his wife
that make's 13 of us so far.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Nathan N » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:36 pm

queeniejeanne wrote:OK FWIW, We will still be there on Friday afternoon!!!!!!!!!! Queenie Jeanne

Didn't want to be left out in all this shuffling... :noyes:

I didn't want you sitting around in the dark on Friday night cussing me cause I wasn't there with firewood. :campfire:
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Re: Knob Noster

Postby Nathan N » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:40 pm

Mrs Rayvillian wrote:FYI ... Mark and Em are bringing biscuits and gravy for Saturday morning and a 6-lb Pork Roast for dinner. Gary and I will make our traditional breakfast for Sunday morning. Plus I will make pumpkin pecan DO cake for Saturday night. Anyone else wanted to bring things to supplement dinner on Saturday, bring it on! Trudy :thumbsup:

I will practice my DO skills on you all with a main dish and a pear dump cake.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby Darren » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:44 pm

I decided to keep my job for at least another week, there is sooo much drama going on I really don't want to miss it. :lol: I'm going to try and make it out Saturday and stay overnight. Have fun tomorrow.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby queeniejeanne » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Just got back home to Branson ...got to springfield and the battery light came on in the FJ....not good you say: they said the battery was bad two hours later. we had closed at noon and left by 1:30..it is now 3:30 ok we can still make it...went out to the car still attached to the tear and the same lite is still on...OK they say un hook from triailer and we will see what is going on..two hours pass. Guess you all already know the alternator is bad, won
't get another till tuesday. no they have no rent cars with hitches...gone for the week. they only have one to begin with and you aren't supposed to tow with it, but they'd let us if they had it.........so the tear is locked inside the service bay of reliable toyata in springfield and the fj in a fenced locked lot. and we are back in branson in a little tiny toyata camery.....whew...what a deal...to top it all missouri will not refund a dime of our 87.00, dbl space for two nights. so any tear that wants it, take it but if they rent it to anyone else missouri will get more than a nasty letter about their reservation policies. QueenieJeanne
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Darren » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:56 pm

Sorry to hear about that. I'll miss seeing you guys.
Darren

bad luck

Postby Dick » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:45 pm

Dennis/Jeanne - hate to hear the bad news about your alternator and not being able to make it to Knob Noster. Per our emails the past few days we were planning on occupying the remainder of your double space and helping you out on the cost of the space. Hopefully something will be worked out saturday morning and you all will still be able to make the trip. We were looking forward to sharing a campsite with you. Please send me a personal message with your mailing address, last name, etc and I'll send you a check to help defray the $$ you've paid the state parks. I can't believe that the dealership can't come up with an alternator to fit a FJ - you gotta think that you could walk into a NAPA or any other auto parts store and pick up an alternator.
Thanks
Dick and Kathy
Dick
Teardrop Advisor

Postby queeniejeanne » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:21 am

They even tried to get a rebuild.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Darren » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:04 pm

I made it out yesterday, Saturday, around noon. Great weather and people to hang out with. Dinner and breakfast were awesome as always and I'll be looking out for the next one if not instigating one. My lip is still sore but it'll be alright. :)
Darren

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:51 pm

Trudy and I just got home had a blast....furnace that is, melting wine bottles in a hollow log can be interesting. Ok Daren I'll bite, even though I already know, what happened to your lip besides kissing bees. :lol:

Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central