Just got back from a 13-day,3700-mile roadtrip with teardrop

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Just got back from a 13-day,3700-mile roadtrip with teardrop

Postby monkeyfingers4 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:30 pm

We left day after Christmas and went to Memphis, TN, New Orleans, Grand Isle, LA, Panama City, FL, Largo, FL, Caruthersville, GA and Carthage, TN. We left in a blizzard and returned home in worse conditions.

We stayed at state parks all over and can say that every park was very nice. The weather was unseasonably cool but we had a great time. The coldest night we were in the teardrop was 14 degrees. As we had a small ceramic heater, we didn't get cold at all. Took us 14 hours to drive 500 miles on the way home. We hit black ice for about 40 miles on I-70 around St. Louis. If we wouldn't have been driving a Subaru, we would have had to of stopped. Definitely some white-knuckle driving.

Teardrop handled like a dream, even in the snow, and we got the ususal inquiries at every stop. Hope for better weather next trip, but we'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I'll throw a couple of new pics in our album.
monkeyfingers4
Teardrop Builder

Postby Oasis Maker » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:36 pm

There's something not quite right about your post...

some.... thing's.... just.... not....

OH

:pictures: :pictures: :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:

14 days should've provided a lot of em hopefully. Got some? Would love to see pics of your adventure as well.

Glad you had a good time. :applause:

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby monkeyfingers4 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:56 pm

I'm working on getting some pics up. Started downloading pics from Blackberry and updates took over.
monkeyfingers4
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:59 pm

:lol: Welcome home and wheredapicx. You know we have an addiction and it is winter after all......... 8) :)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Pics in album

Postby monkeyfingers4 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:58 am

I added a couple of new pics to the album of the trip.
monkeyfingers4
Teardrop Builder

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 am

Having owned Subaru's since 1977, ya I love the cars. The white Knuckle part is usually other divers . :shock: but you have to realize while they go better they don't stop that much better.

I am trying to sell Nancy on trip in the new MM and she is bringing up the what if we are hit with snow, sleet, ice...

Yes more pictures
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby monkeyfingers4 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:06 am

We probably saw at least 150 cars and trucks in the ditch. Some had just happened. Those crossover wires on the highway are definitely life savers. We saw LOTS of vehicles tangled up in those. No problems with Subaru except black ice with that trailer pushing us. We just slowed WAY down and took the next exit and stopped. A car was flipped over on the other side of the road. When we left, we took off down the service road and came out on the highway with no traffic. We were able to drive in the middle of the highway where the black ice wasn't affecting it. We will say this, we were sure glad to get home safely.

We had to use a winch to put the camper back in the garage yesterday. It has been sitting in the neighbor's shoveled driveway since we got home. Everything is frozen hard as a rock. It was quite an ordeal getting the back gate shut again. We could use some defrost time.

Our Blackberry got dropped on a sand beach and hit a piece of driftwood and broke and we had to get a new one. All new pics are showing too big to load to photo album. I'll have to take a look at it later.
monkeyfingers4
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 am

:o Dead Blackberries! Thanks for the pictures. We still have snow but it is melting fast. The ice on some of our roads will take the rest of the week.

Now about those pictures..........if you can upload to a computer you can size them there or you can get an offsite space like Photobucket.

Here is a tutorial Steve did for resizing photos.

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=33514
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:02 am

Hey! Nice pictures :D (in the album)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby monkeyfingers4 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks Aunti M. I will try to take a look at it tonight.
monkeyfingers4
Teardrop Builder

Postby Jonolin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:57 pm

Slightly off topic, I saw the pic in your gallery of the AC in the door opening. How do you keep it in place without falling out on the ground? I really want to borrow this idea from you. Oh, and, to find the on topic, hope you have more pics of Panama City. Since I grew up there, it's always fun to see what people find interesting enough to photograph.
Jonathan
Jonolin
Teardrop Advisor

Return to North Central