Front Range June *EDIT: Officially the 23rd*

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Front Range June *EDIT: Officially the 23rd*

Postby Jason and Amanda » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm going to go camping June 19th, everyone is invited. Sort of an unplanned gathering. The number of people able to make the trip will determine where we camp. Right now I'm leaning toward Rampart Range road between Garden of the Gods and Woodland park. There are several sites to pull of the main road and camp. If there are more than 2~3 people interested, we may need to relocate. I'm just looking to see if anyone is intested and we'll go from there. Lots of places to choose in that general area though. I've never camped in the rampart range and thought I'd give it a shot.

Same topic at tearjerkers:
http://tearjerkers.net/forums/viewtopic ... 5318#25318
Last edited by Jason and Amanda on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:58 pm

I would sure love to join you! but 'Stupid Work" I only get Wed and Thur off now!!!!

Let you know if it changes!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Jason and Amanda » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Pam,
I am going to be on my R&R time off from my deployment to Afghanistan. So if nobody else can make it out, we'll be able to camp wed night, heck it might even be better for other folks as well.

It's easier to book sites during the week too, so that means that we can also camp on the USAFA fam camp if that is something that might interest you (seeing the stadium and the chapel, etc...) Or Farish Rec area north of Woodland Park is very beautiful, nice small ponds/lakes, good short hikes, a small general store, power, bathhouse, etc... (you might be able to get there by taking 67 but I'm not sure what condition the road is in).

If Scott and Dawn, and Alex and Donna see this and can go, I think they all can get on the base and I'll be able to sponsor you on. I can even call and ask if they will allow two trailers set up in line at one site, the base is usually pretty lax on the standards and just charge a small "overage" fee which I will gladly take care of to have the running water and electricity for Amanda and Violet. We could stay 2 nights then if that's a possibility for you.

Honestly, I'm open to camping anywhere really. There is Cherry Creek state park up by you, there is also Castlewood Canyon state park just to the southeast of Castle Rock which is more halfway ish for both of us.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:14 am

Can't wait to see you!!!! Wed and Thur are YOURS!!!!! We'll figure out where... I know a couple places between Deckers and Woodland Park off 67 that are good too during the week! The base sounds fun too! Shelly and I planned to do that also and didn't get to it before she left.... I am OPEN to where! I bet Violet has grown SO much!!!!

Hope some others can join us, but if not we'll have fun!

Hugs to you and Amanda!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby okiecamper » Mon May 24, 2010 9:39 am

I love to go up to Co. in august when its really hot down here in the "flat lands"

usually R.M. Ntl Park

also south colorado around Gunnison

Phil
there are many storms in life that come our way
the trick is learning to "dance in the rain."

May the apple of your eye see only good
May God make smooth the path before you.
okiecamper
The 300 Club

Postby Pam Wright » Tue May 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi-Jack to Okiecamper ..... come to the "last Gasp of Summer 2010" September 23-26..... See the stuff on destinations or email me....

Jason, ARE YOU HOME????? I saw a news story that a bunch of guys from Afghanistan came back to Fort Carson last week?????? Still looking forward to June 16 and 17 with you.... we need to work out specifics......

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby okiecamper » Tue May 25, 2010 12:28 pm

wow thanks Pam

I already have plans for Crawford St Park in Kansas that time

thanks anyway

B T W Colorado is my "secod home" in august

Ha Ha

Phil
there are many storms in life that come our way
the trick is learning to "dance in the rain."

May the apple of your eye see only good
May God make smooth the path before you.
okiecamper
The 300 Club

Postby Jason and Amanda » Tue May 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Pam, I am still in Afghanistan. It looks as if I'll be home around the 10th. This means that I may not be able to camp until the following wednesday the 23rd if that's ok with you? If it's just us, really our only deciding factor is if we'll be camping for one night or two. If we are camping two nights, I'll need to be at a place with facilities. If only one night, we could probably choose anywhere in the rampart range area and be fine.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby NutmegJoe » Tue May 25, 2010 1:10 pm

If only I still lived in Co Springs...I'd be there!

Have fun!
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Tue May 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Hey I can go, are you guys still camping the 19th?

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Jason and Amanda » Tue May 25, 2010 11:29 pm

Bruce,
It will be either the 16th, 19th, or 23rd. The 16th is a stretch for me, the 19th a stretch for Pam.

I can camp either the 19th or the 23rd.

Are you flexible?

Pam is the 23rd ok for you?

I don't think I'll be able to pull of camping both the 19th and the 23rd, too much stuff going on. I haven't been home since November so the project list is getting big.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby bdosborn » Tue May 25, 2010 11:56 pm

The 19th works the best, the 23rd might work but I'll have to see if I can get off work...
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Wed May 26, 2010 12:30 am

I may be able to come on the 23rd since it's in the middle of the week. I'd like to do a dry run before IRG.

Since it hasn't come out since Last Gasp 2008, the tear has become buried in the garage.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Jason and Amanda » Wed May 26, 2010 12:39 am

I should be available either date. I gotta be honest Bruce, it's always more fun when Pam's there :? :lol:

Let's first see what she says, we had originally planned either the 16th or the 19th but I think I will be at work inprocessing the base from my deployment on the 16th.

I was just looking at the calendar, I have to land back in the US by the 7th and be back in COS by the 8th I "think" in order to be able to camp the 16th. From what I remember, the base only does what I need to get done on Wednesday afternoons. To be honest, the military is always changing things so I will have to remain flexible. I just don't think I'm going to be back by then, it's looking more like the 11th or so. So I'm still thinking I'll only be able to camp the 19th or the 23rd.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Jason and Amanda » Wed May 26, 2010 1:02 am

Just hypothetical here so I can wrap my head around a plan.

Bruce, Pam's normal days off are wed/thur and I'm pretty sure she is unable to take time off unless it's well in advance. :cry:
Is it too much to ask you to come out the 23rd? :worship:

Pam, I'm sending my over the internet come read this thread vibe lol. Can you come camp the 23rd instead of the 16th?

Alright, we have to make a very tough decision :thumbdown:

16th - Pam can make it
19th - Bruce and I can make it
23rd - I can make it, Bruce is a maybe, asianflava is a maybe, I am going to put Pam down as maybe until she can reply and let us know.

So tough.

Asianflava, what are your odds of making it out the 23rd?

What do you all think?

Probably just one night for most of us I'm guessing? With that in mind, any of you guys have a secret spot to share? :twisted:

I have only camped in the Farish Recreation area, and the USAFA fam camp outside of going down to Canon City. I know there is good camping off rampart range road, both north and south of Woodland Park. My wife would prefer having facilities though. Any other votes for camping in an established park? I'm good either way as long as I'm outside. But I love my family so I have to put in a vote for a place with facilities. I know it will add about $20 to the cost of the trip though. Thoughts?
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to North Central