Front Range June *EDIT: Officially the 23rd*

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby asianflava » Wed May 26, 2010 2:48 am

Unless I get called for a job interview or something, mid week is pretty open.

The weekends are tough because the wife usually has something planned. If you decide on a weekend, I'd have to check with her to see if it is open. If so, she'll probably come as well.

If it's just for a night or 2 porta pottys are fine, anymore and I'd prefer facilities.

Hopefully it all works out for a mini gathering!
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bdosborn » Wed May 26, 2010 11:14 am

I'll shoot for the 23...
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Wed May 26, 2010 1:15 pm

I'll be coming up from the sand dunes so any camping spot is fine with me. I don't get down that way much so I don't have any spots I've gone to other than the Royal Gorge.

Bruce
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Thu May 27, 2010 12:51 am

Jason..... You are so funny :? :lol: :R Of course I'm fun and crazy but I just love to camp!!!!!

Okiecamper.... Let's get together in August, if you're here during the week?????

Rocky and Bruce..... it would be GREAT to see you guys!!!!

Shelley.... We wish you were still in C.S... and could join us!!!!!!

I am only available Wed, Wed night and Thur....Sorry, can't arrange any other days off until the Last Gasp????

Okay the 16th or the 23rd I am good with either! Facilities, I have to think about.... It's not the $20.... it's where in your area???? There is a KOA between Colo Springs and Denver right off I-25.... I've never camped there but it is a central location and easy to get to then if you wanted to stay the 2nd night it would be a possibility..... Bruce and Rocky, that wouldn't be a bad drive for any of us and would get my 'Cherry Drop' out of the carport!!!! Rocky's out of the garage.... and Bruce, will you bring the 'new' one????

Any other idea's????

I am planning on bringing Brandie and maybe her little brother, Brandon who is 9..... Brandie wants to see everybody!!!!

And I can't wait to see Violet!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby bdosborn » Thu May 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Pam Wright wrote:
Okay the 16th or the 23rd I am good with either! Facilities,

Bruce, will you bring the 'new' one????

The 23rd looks like it will work for me, the 16th is out. Jean will be in Singapore so it will be just me and Misty again. We'll be in the new one as we sold the old one.

How about Kelsey Campground, I just checked on-line and the whole campground is available on 6/23 so we could have our choice of spots. Its $15/night.

Kelsey Campground

Description
This campground is located approximately 17 miles south of the town Pine Junction, Colorado, This campgorund is at an elevation of 8,000 ft. This campground has restrooms and paved roads, and is forested and level. Temperatures remain cool in the summer. Popular activities include hiking and mountain biking. The Colorado Trail is approximately 3.5 miles from the campground. Camp hosts are on site, firewood is available.

Bruce
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby toolman » Thu May 27, 2010 4:29 pm

Jason,

I'm new to this forum and have not built a td yet. I just wanted to say that I'm glad your back safe and sound.

I Take this moment to salute you sir, and thank you for your service to our county. :applause:

Hope you have a great R&R!

Jerry
toolman
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JennieL » Thu May 27, 2010 8:34 pm

We might possibly be able to come down on the 16th. I think the hubby teaches his night class on the 23rd. I will keep watching the post, and have a definite yes or no in a few days.
JennieL
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JennieL » Thu May 27, 2010 9:54 pm

We can't make either of those dates. Please keep me posted via pm if possible of other close-by "gatherings". Thanks! Jennie [email protected]
JennieL
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jason and Amanda » Fri May 28, 2010 6:17 am

Bruce,
I'm showing that campground being about 2 hours for me, not bad. It's $15 a night? Which direction are you coming from? Their site says they do not have running water. If it's ok, I'd like to (if we're gonna pay anyway) stay at a place with running water. It makes cleaning up and taking care of our 12 month old so much easier. I need to look at the KOA along I-25 that Pam was talking about. My vote so far is for the KOA or the camp grounds on the Air Force Academy, which run $25 a night. They have showers that are free, not coin operated and wireless internet, lots of shade and nice grills. There is a no burn policy on the Air Force Academy though, doesn't bother me but I know it turns some folks away.

I'm looking up the KOA site now.

http://www.koa.com/where/co/index.htm

It looks like east of Denver or in Colorado Springs for KOA sites.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Jason and Amanda » Fri May 28, 2010 6:20 am

And lets not forget that rampart range is always an option. I should talk to Amanda about how much she would prefer facilities. Though I know it's by a large margin :lol:
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby bdosborn » Fri May 28, 2010 8:27 am

Oops, change of plans. Looks like I' might be going to Kigali, Rwanda for work on the 25th so I'm probably out.

More to follow,
Bruce
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Jason and Amanda » Fri May 28, 2010 8:50 am

Bruce,
Sounds like a heck of a trip. Can't pass on work these days for sure.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Jason and Amanda » Sun May 30, 2010 8:36 am

Hey everyone, it's time to pick a location and if we are staying in a campground, make reservations.

I found a Jellystone off I-25 just south of Castlerock but it's *cough* $39 per night!!!

I'm all for either a random spot around the Rampart Resevoir, Farish, or USAFA. The latter two being about $20 for a night. I'll ask Amanda and see what she prefers. I should know in a few hours.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Sun May 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Jason

$39 is tough for me.... I'm okay with alternatives..... See what Amanda thinks.... with Violet it is important....

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Jason and Amanda » Sun May 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Amanda has asked for Farish. ($20 a night but extra nice). Nice shade and GREAT short hikes, good space between each site (like several hundred feet of space), and we can go drive around and see the lakes and convention center and stuff. Coin operated showers (I think but maybe they are free, I don't remember!) but free available hot water from the sinks at a minimum lol.

Also, I have confirmed with FARISH camp hosts that we can park multiple trailers at a site and pay an "overage" fee which may bring the total down a bit, but it may not. I'm not sure if the fee schedule is the same as having a second site or not.

If you were to come down 67 to Woodland Park, Farish would be closer than taking I-25 to 24. We can meet where 24 and 67 meet or something like that.

*****New development right as I type this reply*****

My replacement is arriving tonight which means I'm leaving Afghanistan a few days early... which means that we may have to move the camping to the 16th! because I'll be back to work by the 23rd I'm fairly sure.

I'm sorry folks, are you all are feeling the pain of the military yet? :?

Either way, once I FINALLY get travel arrangements, I'll know and will make reservations.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to North Central